Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

I might think about selling these on ebay. let me know if anyone might be interested.

3799150346_3f86120325.jpg

3798334799_94355414ba.jpg

What can you tell me about the units....powered? DCC? the switcher too? I am interested in both...PM me please. Also in terested in the hoppers....;)

Jerome, nice job on the F-7. I think the front truck needs re-railing though. :)

Jeffrey, that's a fine start on the Seymoor Block. I see you've been listening the rest of woes about painting DPM kits and done most of the painting before assembly. For a man with your disabilities, that's a remarkably good paint job. You know what's going to happen though, right? As soon as you get some of the nicer buildings on the layout, the cheaper buildings just won't look good. I see many trips to the hobby shop ahead of you. :)

Hey Josh, I spoke up first for those SP engines. Don't try to snipe me now. :) If they already DCC, I really want them.

Bob, your friend has a great layout. The video is nice and smooth and has good lighting. Nice to see the F's and the old DM&IR is service again. Are those your ore cars too? It seems to be quite fleet. The ones with the taconite extension look particularly good.

As always I am impressed big time by so much of the work shown here! Some great modeling, and some great photography!

I am starting to get the required photos for the NMRA Scenery Certificate. Every time I take a photo and take a good look at it, something jumps out at me that still needs to be finished. This is the service area at Hopewell showing the ice house up on the hill and the mountain behind it. There were 2 things that I saw right off that need to be done. Both on the Coaling Tower..... (There is actually a 3rd. item, but I photoshopped that out.)

ServiceAreaHopewell1w.png

If anything else jumps out at you, let me know as I would rather correct it before the judges arrive......:rolleyes: It is August 1925 on the SLOW located somewhere in the Finger Lakes region of NYS.

The town of Hopewell Junction:

TownofHopewell1w.png

And finally an area where I am finishing some scenery. I didn't notice the jar of ballast sitting there or the small plastic cup when I took the photo.......

TunnelYardLead1w.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Lionel R-40-27 reefer 3 pack, this class has a hinged door and a plug door, for easier loading and easy access to the load without letting out a ton of cold air. One of the cars I converted to 2 rail with Kadees and Atlas trucks.

Main-1.jpg

Main2R.jpg

IMG_0067-1.jpg

Main-2.jpg

IMG_0075-2.jpg

IMG_0048-2.jpg

Excellent stuff guys!

WOW! The quality sure did go up. Pretty amazing modelling talents here.

Thank you for sharing.

I took the time yesterday to glue together the walls of the Seymour Block. While I was at it I decided to add to the red and green decor. I added a little yellow and some terra cotta and just a splash of brown. I still have to add the entry door and the roof.

DSCN1599.jpg

Ray, those are some fine looking shots as usual. The only question I would have is how you those telegraph wires get over the mountain from the tunnel portal. I didn't see an obvious pole line but might have missed it. Love the abandoned sho-fly track in the foreground. The other thing I'd say is get some green glitter nail polish from Wallyworld. I know, it's embarrasing but sneak it in with some other groceries and maybe the clerk wont give you a funny look. :) The green glitter nail polish will exactly duplicate the look of green telegraph line insulators.

Wow, LOS, you sure can make a three rail car look good. I'd say that weathering is better the most I've seen at another site renowned for their fantastic weathering job. :) Those opening doors and detailed interior sure make me wish I was in O scale.

Chris, that's still a nice looking trestle.

Very nice paint job, Jeffery, and those little buggers ain't easy to paint so they look good. Hit it with some dullcoat before you add the windows and you have a winner.

What can you tell me about the units....powered? DCC? the switcher too? I am interested in both...PM me please. Also in terested in the hoppers....;)

They both have NCE D13SRJ Decoders installed in them. I added LEDs to the front and back on the GP38-2 and the MP15DC has MCE EMD switcher Sound Decoder installed. They both run really well, and creep very slow.
All the cars are Atlas master line with kadees

Mike, I'm salivating over those engines. PM with what you're asking and I'll see if the shrinking budget deficit can stand it. :)

They both have NCE D13SRJ Decoders installed in them. I added LEDs to the front and back on the GP38-2 and the MP15DC has MCE EMD switcher Sound Decoder installed. They both run really well, and creep very slow.
All the cars are Atlas master line with kadees

PM me please!

Wow, LOS, you sure can make a three rail car look good. I'd say that weathering is better the most I've seen at another site renowned for their fantastic weathering job. :) Those opening doors and detailed interior sure make me wish I was in O scale.

Thanks Jim. O scale sure is easy to work with after painting and weathering HO for about 10 years. I look at the HO stuff now and can't believe how many #80 holes I drilled or tiny windshield wipers I installed. It is just a pleasure to work with, I just wish they was more items available in O scale, although it is a lot better than 20 years ago.

After spending far to long faffing about I've finally got this to the point of being semi-presentable.

Its a Summit kit. I'm going to add the Walthers air con gubbins to the roof (which isn't attached in the pics, and do a full interior. Don't know why as the supplied transfers will cover most of the window space. Not too worried about the cyano fogging of the 'glass' as its going to be mostly covered.

dungheap138.jpg

dungheap137.jpg

Ray, those are some fine looking shots as usual. The only question I would have is how you those telegraph wires get over the mountain from the tunnel portal. I didn't see an obvious pole line but might have missed it. Love the abandoned sho-fly track in the foreground.

Thanks Jim! The pole line goes up the hillside where the abandoned trackage is. There is an abandoned tunnel just to left of where the shot leaves off. The next pole is out of the photograph, halfway up the hillside. Oh, and the insulators are a milky white that were commonly used on the poles where the wires were spliced into (a pair have to go to the phone box shown) or were terminated. It is a regional thing and after a bit a research from a couple of collectors in the area, I went with what I remembered from the farm where I grew up. I am using the milky color and brown for others. We had a few broken ones laying around an old milk house on the farm and I remember asking my dad about them. They were originals from Rural Electrification in the early 30s. We had both types.

Back