Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

Bubbles Ice.

Bubbles, our dog's name... (don't ask), now has a place to cool off as well as load cars.

bubbles_03.jpg

bubbles_04.jpg

bubbles_06.jpg

Nice work, Dan. I've always liked icing houses and platforms. They were so common when I was a kid and now they are just one more part of railroading that only lives in our memories and in model form.

Geesh! What fantastic modelling, you fellas! :) A super beginning to WPF.

Here is my own image. Two rival railroads must pass, with the Duplex from the Pennsy waiting in the hole, on single tracks above Seneca Falls. The mighty Niagara has four heavyweights today, plus three loaded reefers. Any more and it would need a helper on the ruling grade for Seneca Sub.

IMG_5336csharres.png

I got the DPM Schultz's Garage kit done with a little twist. I wanted it to look more like a city building so I cut the front and rear down slightly and installed a flat roof. It still needs a couple vents on the roof and a rooftop AC unit but it's done for the most part. Now I'm starting on the DPM Seymour Block kit.

DSCN1591.jpg

Dan, NICE ice house, toooo cool! (pardon the pun!) Oh, and the avatar is a hoot!:D
Mike, Great weathering!
Gramps Great, as usual!

I'd post something, but nothing is done yet! :eek: I've got 55 ft Trinity hoppers, cut down to 40 ft for cement service ( waiting on hatches) a project GP38-3 AC waiting on a Cannon cab, and 3 gp9s waiting for chopped noses & sound, but parts are all on back order!!!:(

maybe next week??

Dan: Nice job on the ice house, if you worked in HO I would have thought that you modified the JL Innovative kit, your has the same "look" as that kit.

First up are some progress photos of the HO scale freight house, still waiting on the freight doors (Grant Line castings) to finish this piece off.

Then on to the O scale Warnerville tank on the Sierra Railroad. This is the open topped tank that the Sierra went back to and added a raised roof. Interesting model with the water surface exposed under the eves.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

Last edited by a moderator:
Some additional shots of the Warnerville tank, the last pair are after the water (Envirotex Light) was poured. It is a single pour of 1/16" depth. Note how in the last shot you can see objects reflected in the water surface under the roof.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

Custom painted Iowa Northern GP38-2

Here is my custom painted Iowa Northern Railway. Just finished it this evening...
102_0007.jpg

102_0011.jpg

102_0010.jpg

102_0009.jpg

cnwgp38, where did you get the Iowa Northern decals??

Dan, shouldn't Bubbles be sitting on the porch?? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ, the shame of it all. :) A mighty Hudson reduced to time freights. Nice picture though.

Crandell, you have the right idea. Steam rules and big steam really rules.

Jeffrey, nice looking start at that building. Now the fun begins with that DPM kit. :eek:

Mike, very nice weathering, almost as good as that *cough* other site *cough*. Are any of your engines DCC equipped?

Matt, it never ceases to amaze me how good you make scummy tank water look.

CNW, you're a a brave guy. Extreme close up shots like that show every mistake you make. I can't find any, hard as try. Excellent model and photography.

Nice pictures so far everyone. Looking at this thread every week gives me motivation to continue building. Some day I'll have something else to add.

Back