Weekly Photo Fun 8-28/9-03

Steve, might I suggest something like this for your trucks?? A bottle of Floquils Engine black and Rust. After you buy it, let it sit for a day, then pour off at least half of the thinner from the top. Now you have a very good color and they are perfectly fine with a brush. I do all of my trucks and wheels this way.

100_2710.jpg

UP/Wheeler, thanks for the tips. The testors is all i had. The ATSF polly scale I had was taking off the primer and gumming up. Looked like crap. The line where the silver and blue meet will be lightly sanded down with very fine sandpaper to take that edge down. Still debating whether I want to attempt the one metro north unit that was done on the U34CH. I am so hoping to primer my B unit's tomorrow.

I did get to finish up another Jordan Model T today. This one is the 1914 Touring Car.

Looks like the Stoddards have finally gotten to the concert:

1914ModelTTouring01w.png

Close up:

1914ModelTTouring02w.png

Look at this beauty I just finished up for Mike (malletman). Had to go back and glosscote it for him since the pictures, but otherwise its done. Mike painted the chassis himself, and the shell should be on its way home this week.

I haven't posted for a while either, but since it is my birthday, I'd thought I'd post a picture of the me with my birthday present my wife gave to me. It's a little bigger and somewhat heavier than my other trains......

Alright, I said I would upload photos, well here they finally are:

My new Athearn SW1500 waiting in the yard for a photo shoot.
DSCF2707.jpg

I love all the little details on it.
DSCF2708.jpg

Here you can see all three buildings I picked up in the estate sale.
DSCF2713.jpg

Log cars with real "logs"
DSCF2714.jpg

D&RGW SD45 #5316 rolling out of the new shed. The switcher looked so good, I couldn't resist making the SD45's look better. I didn't quite match the oranges when I painted the plow, but some weathering should cover that up.
DSCF2716.jpg

Lots more to come when the action starts moving on the new section of the layout!

Alright, I said I would upload photos, well here they finally are:

My new Athearn SW1500 waiting in the yard for a photo shoot.
DSCF2707.jpg

I love all the little details on it.
DSCF2708.jpg

I was wondering what brand it was and if it was a RTR or kit? If a kit who did the lighting work?

Ray, nice work on the Model T and the scene you've built up there. I like all the little details like the cat.

Josh, I don't know why but that SW1500 looked like an SW1200 from the side until I saw the end. Must be the paint scheme.

Joe, now that's and engine. :) I wonder who did the paint scheme? Kind of a UP and Santa Fe combined.

Jeffrey, that car looks good but the rust looks too shiny. Maybe it needs a shot of dullcote.

Adam, very nice looking engines. The paint on the D&RGW plow isn't that far off and, like you say, a little road dirt will cover that up. I like the job you did on the pulp wood cars. Did you cut all those logs yourself? Nice score on those buildings too.

Josh, is that an RTR or a Genesis? If it's an RTR, I've got to get em a few of those.

Back