Weekend photofun 25 26 27 July 2008

I did not know that such LEDs existed, so small. Are these commonly found and are they 12 Volts or they are less and connected to a decoder?

Just to add to what UP2CSX said, accordingto ngineering's website these are the worlds smallest chip LED's... whether or not that is true I don't know. Slightly larger one's are available in a number of places with leads all the way attached, but only these one's are small enough to fit in an HO scale ditchlight housing. I believe these are also small enough to fit in an HO scale truck or step light as well, and would also work for deck lights.

Mini resistors are also available from Ngineering in a number of different values.

Chris

P1010071.jpg

This was taken in Leesville, La from a distance of 250 yards on max zoom with a 3 megapixel camera with no tripod.

P1010065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great prototype to model. Any idea what the building was used for? I'm making the assumption it's abandoned but I've seen plants in not much better shape that were still operating so....:)

Originally it was part of a huge sawmill that was here early in the last century. It's been updated periodically through the years and is now a private residence.

Are you serious? Someone actually lives in that building? Why do I hear banjos being played in the background? :)

Hi all: News flash! A train has just hit a car in the town of Stoney Creek. It seems a guy named Joe Dimwit passed two cars that were stopped at a RR crossing, and was run into by a GP-7 that was switching industries in the town. It appears his girlfriend is trapped in the car. Emergency crews are on their way. The engineer was shaken up, but appears to be unhurt.
P1010726.png
P1010740.png
P1010735.png
P1010691.png

Wow, awesome scene here, the details really sell it don't they.
I'm discovering that doing scenes is my favorite part of the hobby.
Thanks for sharing these pics here.
Jess Red Horse.

Today I've been working on the loco that came with my new Athearn set. It's been repainted but hasn't been decaled and weathered yet.

P1010090.jpg

And I know someone here was wondering how the water tower would turn out. I trust this meets with your expectations.

P1010084.jpg

P1010087.jpg

Wow, awesome scene here, the details really sell it don't they.
I'm discovering that doing scenes is my favorite part of the hobby.
Thanks for sharing these pics here.
Jess Red Horse.

Hi Jess: I thought of you when I posed and photographed this scene. I thought Jess might get a kick out of this, It's right up his alley. Thank you for your reply.

Back