Weekend photofun 25 26 27 July 2008

Airslide, looks like progress is still being made.

Chris, thanks for that link, some pretty interesting stuff there.

Another pleasant weekend with interesting contributions. Thanks for your work, fellas.

Here is an image of a (finally) weathered Y6b creeping across a steel bridge while two couples pass below in canoes.

IMG_2360.png

-Crandell

Thats a great bridge Crandell,
Those card containers are great for a backdrop scene Jeffery

I have WAY to many pics for this thread so i did a separate thread West coast Railway co open day

Hey guys,

Here's my dinky progess - the west end of my layout, where I have a mountain cut and a small river running next to it. I carved out all the foam, and added another layer for the hill, and plastered it all up.

The trestle is scratchbuilt from styrene - still needs more work though. Next step is to paint the riverbed and pour in Envirotex for the water...

Kyle

I tried Timberline Scenery Co. Weather-Rite for the first time this weekend. Strange stuff. I'll have to try some more with it to decide if I like it. :rolleyes: I used it on some Woodland Scenics junk.

MVC-793F.jpg

MVC-794F.jpg

MVC-795F.jpg

MVC-796F.jpg

MVC-789F.jpg

Rotor

Last edited by a moderator:
John
Great layout shots and steamer!

Jeffery
Awesome job on the baggage car!

GrampysTrains
Great set of shots!

Chris
Great looking truck and interesting project!

Jeffery
Nice job on the F-unit!

Brain
Cool outdoor layout and pic!

Smoke
Great looking loco!

Airslide
Cool photos!

Crandell
Great shot across the bridge!

Jeffery
Neat container!

Kyle
Cool trestle!

Rotor
Nice junk!

We went down the Farmers Co-op Grain Elevator and caught the B&O through train heading east (as the B&O calls traveling from Washington to New York).

Interchange_2008_05A001a.jpg

Interchange_2008_05A003a.jpg

Interchange_2008_05A005a.jpg

Interchange_2008_05A008a.jpg

Hey Tom, that's some cool photos!

I was wondering, how do you get those axles so rusty looking? I like it - I model N scale though, but all the axles in N scale are like a brown or dark gray.

I've thought of getting the metal wheelsets (so the railhead part of the wheel stays shiny), and painting them up - is that would you do? Seems like a lot of work. :eek:

Kyle

Kyle

I brush paint them. I first paint the wheels and the axles with Folk Art Burnt Sienna. Next I paint them with Folk Art Asphatum. I seal them with a Matte Sealer. I have used other colors such as Raw Umber, Burnt Umber, Red Oxide, Real Brown, Maple Syrup in various combinations.

It usually takes me about 2 nights to do the wheels. When I weather I usually do anywhere from 6 to 10 cars at a time.

Back