Weekend Photofun 16-17-18

I replaced the deck truss with a through plate girder type bridge (I'm awaiting shoes so I know where to cut the piers)

5-18-1.jpg

5-18-2.jpg

Hello MLW: Yes, that is a BLI RSD-15. I haven't taken the plunge to weather it yet. But, I'm planning to in the near future. The weathering on those box cars is really great! Also, are those back ground buildings from Realistic Backrounds? If so, I used them for my city scene, also. They look great. DJ

Fantastic work everyone, bridges and all, spot on.

built a maintenance depot from an old Pikestuff kit and some scalescenes stuff
10-08-07robert2023.jpg

Building on the harbour warehouse has started using the scalescenes download

Work in progress as the layers are added

warehousebuild.jpg

In position untill the next build session

warhouse1.jpg

John
RJR

Ray, Thanks, that's another nice bit of modeling. I'll take a stab and suggest that when the ground section of the fire escape is lowered, it is short. Another look has me second guessing myself and doing an edit of this post. Do the windows open? They don't look like double hung windows, but could tilt out I suppose.
Tom

Fire escape... Nope. I glued the counter weight on the bottom ladder on backwards so it is on the outside rather than inside next to the wall. The windows are double hung. Or.... at least they are supposed to be....:rolleyes:

More news from the WCTR....

Here's a pic of the recently finished WCTR 605, a ex-UP GP50. Until a permanent paint scheme can be applied (which will never happen...hehehe) this is the look of the 605...

DSC08187.png

TO THE GULIFORD GUY-

I dug out a custom Springfield Terminal/Guliford Athearn SD26 that I had stored away, and have sublettered it as a WCTR lease locomotive. I guess the next thing I will need to do is paint the plow orange, instead of black...

DSC08188.png

DSC08189.png

Phil

TO THE GULIFORD GUY-

I dug out a custom Springfield Terminal/Guliford Athearn SD26 that I had stored away, and have sublettered it as a WCTR lease locomotive. I guess the next thing I will need to do is paint the plow orange, instead of black...

Phil

Nah, rip er off, none of Guilfords SD26 had plows:) Or you could sell it to me and I'll deal with the plow:D

Looks like it was done on an Athearn SD9?

Yep...was done to a SD9. At the time, I could have bought two of them from the guy I bought them from, and at $29, that wasn't so bad. But, I just ended up with one of them.

Well, I guess I could just rip it off...I need a plow in that style for one of the SD60Ms...

Phil

Nice updates everyone!

I finally started my next boxcar project and was able to finish painting the roofs on all of them and finished painting 8 of them. The other 16 will be boxcar red.

img2643kd3.jpg

img2654qp5.jpg

Well, as much as I dislike the whole PanAmthing, I must admit the new Patriot Corridor deal with Norfolk Southern has captivated my interest;)
I think it was a dumb waste for money, but, it adds a whole new level to modern industry. Since when does a railroad group buy an airline name, in the intent to make it a rail name.

Heck, I just love the Pan Am blue & the logo myself.

Nice updates everyone!

I finally started my next boxcar project and was able to finish painting the roofs on all of them and finished painting 8 of them. The other 16 will be boxcar red.
I'm intrigued, how'd you pull off the over spray look? :confused: I'd like to do that sometime, on some cars.

I have a lift bridge of equal length that was modeled after the Robert Street Lift Bridge in St. Paul (as well as the road bridge next to it as well...)

Phil

Hello Phil, I would love to see pictures of your lift bridge. If it's anything like your swing bridge, it has to be a masterpiece.

To everyone else, great work!! Keep at it!!

Regards,

Great job again this weekend everyone, very nice stuff.

I spied a couple of interesting details at the local utility company this past week. The telephone poles are stored on shelves made from old rail and the railroad stores their extra rail between the mounted tracks. Interesting.

I was also at the Railroad Museum in Boone, IA on Saturday and they have the Rock Island Wide Vision Caboose #17051 as part of their collection. They also had the Athearn BB model of it in their gift shop for $3.25 so I bought one.

Back