Weekend Photo Fun 12/14/07 to Whenever

Thought I'd throw some N scale into the mix.

A double header this time around.One I built and one I bought.:)

This one I bought on Train-Bay several years ago.It is an old ATLAS/Mehano SD45 shell on a streched KATO frame.I don't know much about it except it runs like a KATO should.
emd2.jpg

emd1.jpg

This one I built. The hi short hood is the rear hood off of a junk LifeLike GP38.The rest is pure KATO.If I were to do this again I would use the SD35 short hood from ATLAS that way I could mount the bell in it's rightful spot.
emd4.jpg

emd3.jpg

I got the new industrial building installed. It's the Smallman Street Warehouse from City Classics, kitbashed to be "a mile wide and an inch deep" and with a loading platform added. That involved using some wall sections intended to be at ground level higher up, which leads to some unlikely architecture, but the general atmosphere is right, and that's what I say is most important.

Yes, there is a lot of finishing still to do in that area. Including laying rail on the siding, which is going to be code 55 stuck down with hot melt glue, if I can just get the technique to work. It'll be fun to see a driveway across the track to get to the vehicle door.

Catt, nice engines although I wish the photos were a bit clearer. I know it's tough too get cameras to work right with those all black engines. Since I have no NS units, that's on my project list.

John, looks like a real industrial building to me. Laying track with hot glue must be an adventure. I can't do anything with that stuff except for burning the heck out of my fingers. :)

The UP time freight was due through town at 5:00 am but was late due to a crossing accident. The brewery needs two grain hoppers ASAP because the Christmas supply of Arrowhead Ale is running low. The P&N 638 finds itself in the unlikely role of holding down the main while the UP cools it's heels in the passing siding. Here the 638 proudly sallies forth with the green extra markers lit with two grain cars and the combine in tow.

638onthemainMedium.jpg

Passing the UP train stuck in the hole. Engineer Spike has to hustle to get the cars delivered and pull an empty because the Hillside town ordinance only allows crossings to be block for 30 minutes or it's a big fine and the UP train is too long to be broken at the crossings. Spike give a friendly toot of the horn at the UP engineer but the UP hogger only waved, although Spike could only see one finger of the wave.

GraintrainMedium.jpg

The 638 grabs the empty from the brewery track with the assistance of Fergie, the brakeman/conductor

GrabbingtheemptyMedium.jpg

Loads getting spotted

SpottingtheloadsMedium.jpg

Spike is now hustling back to home trackage to clear the main after the early morning job. The UP dispatcher has already lined the passing track so the UP train can get out of town.

HustlingbacktohometracksMedium.jpg

Just in time too, as the UP caboose clears the crossing. Officer Mike was there, ticket book in hand, but the cab is clearing the crossing at 28 minutes. That means a few less potholes fixed in Hillside this month. :)

UPCabooseClearingCentralStMedium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,

I was going of the Walther's page... which I know see was for 2-packs. Missed that. Sigh. Oh, and someone else counted only 60 - they're probably right. The guys running the layout were too busy chatting with each other to talk to a spectator who was obviously interested in the layout.
That was me that commented on Youtube, I might have missed one though, my mind was wandering.

Here's my latest aquisition. A Mehano T-2-a 2-10-2 in CN livery. Anyone care to wager on how long that scheme lasts?
One hour?

Thought I'd throw some N scale into the mix.

A double header this time around.One I built and one I bought.:)

This one I bought on Train-Bay several years ago.It is an old ATLAS/Mehano SD45 shell on a streched KATO frame.I don't know much about it except it runs like a KATO should.
emd2.jpg

emd1.jpg

This one I built. The hi short hood is the rear hood off of a junk LifeLike GP38.The rest is pure KATO.If I were to do this again I would use the SD35 short hood from ATLAS that way I could mount the bell in it's rightful spot.
emd4.jpg

emd3.jpg

Train-bay? whats that?

Great Weekend Photos everybody!! I'll have some to contribute over the holiday. Workin 7 days a week stinks but the money is GREAT!

Corey, yes, I did, and not too successfully. :( I was trying to simulate dawn light and went way overboard on the yellow, darn it. I'll get this photography stuff down one of these days. :)

Chessie, nice effect with the dust and heat on those trailing units.

Jeffrey, that looks like a nice locomotive. Is this going into tourist service on your shortline?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, that looks like a nice locomotive. Is this going into tourist service on your shortline?
Eventually. I have to get some old passenger cars to go with it. Someone else is giving me some old ones he doesn't use anymore for the price of postage.

This is my layout's swan song. As of last night, it nolonger exists. I won't be posting pictures for quite some time.

]

I'm in the same boat. But its a good thing. You get to use all the info learned and experience points in the next venture....making it improved. Your next one will be of even higher caliber.

I'm in the same boat. But its a good thing. You get to use all the info learned and experience points in the next venture....making it improved. Your next one will be of even higher caliber.
Thanks AGGRO, as I built this layout, I could already see things that I would have done differently. I may actually take the time to plan the next one! Lord knows I have the time. I'm really looking forward to Mr. Mouse's contest across the street. I think I'll learn quite a bit if I pay attention. Good luck on on your next layout.

Back