Weekend Photo Fun 1-30/2-02

Jeffrey, that old pinhole camera has a nice depth of field.
Only when it's connected to the computer. By itself it's as near sighted as Mr Magoo!

Got my new camera and I'm having a good old time learning how to use it. Here's a few samples:

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

nice photos Jeffrey. I've had a fuji s5100 for the past 2 or 3 years that I'm still tryin to learn all the tricks to. After seeing your shot of the El Capitan box car, I took a picture of a similar one that came with my first train set 40 years ago. I'll post it once I figure out how. LOL.

Keith

I think I've got the hang of it now. I was experimenting with close-ups and decided to see just how close I could get.

DSCN0132.jpg

Now a close-up on the UP shield on the cab.

DSCN0135.jpg

How's this for up close and personal?

DSCN0124.jpg

Anybody notice that neither of these UP units are numbered? That means I can have some numbering fun.

Here's the project I chose to do today. Seems I have this UP dummy GP40 locomotive. I want to put it in consist behind my two SDP40F's but at 1.5 ounces it's much too light for that.

DSCN0216.jpg

I removed the shell exposing the empty plastic frame within.

DSCN0219.jpg

I then packed the frame with modeling clay to give the loco a weight of 5.5 ounces.

DSCN0221.jpg

Macro is a lot of fun. I posted the photo of a spider here before so I found a new one. I have lots of bug ones but not so many train ones so here is the print on the side of a boxcar. A Z-scale box car. I think you would need a tiny brush to touch that up. The marks on the ruler on the right are millimeters. Note too the hexagonal bolt heads on the ladder, they are about 0.1mm dia. Just think of the detail MicroTrains could put on an HO model.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a spider ON my layout a few months ago...

DSC04680.jpg

He was a die-hard railfan, BUT he was trespassing... security chased him all over the place:

DSC04682.jpg

Unfortunately he was struck and killed by a passing train while trying to get a good shot and avoid security all at the same time...

DSC04686.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a spider ON my layout a few months ago...

He was a die-hard railfan, BUT he was trespassing... security chased him all over the place:

Unfortunately he was struck and killed by a passing train while trying to get a good shot and avoid security all at the same time...
I think you posted the same photo three times over...

WHOA! lol

i hate spiders :rolleyes: especially when the trespass on my layouts or build there homes ontop of my buildings, it looks like Godzilla or something lol. fortunately i dont get many of them in here

BTW, i see the same picture posted 3 times but 3 different "captions" for what seems like there should be 3 different pics lol

Couple of new projects for this week. A large 50,000 gallon C&S water tank and pump/tool house in On3 and a old HOn3 box car converted to a tool shed for a standard gauge coal mine. Tool shed started out as a La Belle kit from the 70's (note the larger then current practice grabs), the tank and pump house are scratch.

And a couple of more shots of the Como High School. The doors are finished, the stone foundation has been carved along with the brick chimney. Still to do is painting the foundation and setting in the ground, then buildings both stoops.

Back