Weekend Photo Fun 1-30/2-02

Trees

Here's a few shots of some redone Dept 56 trees. Found them cheap at a local dept store and figures there has to be something usable here! After removing the little red Christmas balls from the tree, I redecorated them with a little paint, Future floor polish,ground foam and hair spray. I may just go back and get more! The 2 on the end with the red bases were a few oddballs I had laying around, so I did them too. Speaking of bases, I know, I gotta do something there too, but I want to see where I am going to put them 1st.

Also here is an attempt at a weeping willow. Opinions??

P1220888.jpg

I think those look great as they are no need for clear. all clear coat will do is add shine to them. I would never put clear coat on something weathered.

Great pics everyone. I love the Via Rail F40. Did you superdetail that? That SP steam engine is great also.

Excellent work as usual everyone. I did a little bit of weathering and touch up work on A&P #1200 this weekend.

100_3471.jpg

100_3470.jpg

Nice work again this weekend guys, lots of really great items out there.

Jerome~ Great looking switcher, I think that I may need to locate one of those for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for a new update picture

2-1-09a.jpg

Roads are done,riverbed and banks are done (river is still dry though),have some trees growing in upper lefthand corner of picture.

Much left to do but it's time to get going on the N scale layout for awhile.

Good stuff, everyone. Matt, only you would have actual catalogs hanging in an outhouse. :)

LOS, good weathering jobs. When using the powders, I find the using my finger to smear the powder on thins out the powder and makes it look more like runoff from the roof. I also spray the car with matte finish first to give the powder more bite. It also changes the weathering less when you add another coat of matte finish to seal it.

Joe, nice job on the bridge. Now you need a "low clearance" sign somewhere on it. :D

Jerome, very subtle weathering on that SW-1500. How many of those things do you have now? I think you're trying to corner the world supply. :p

Catt, looks like progress is being made. What are you using for bridges over the river?

All 3 bridges are scratchbuilt,the road bridge is a modern concrete precast slab,and the railroad bridges are ballasted deck girder bridges.

I had planned on having water in the river by now ,but life got in the way. :D

There's nothing special about this photo except that it was taken with an AIPTEK VGA pinhole camera. Not bad considering the technology.

Image14.jpg

My latest picture of one of my favorites taken Sat. afternoon.

Great Northern 2-8-8-0 2023 makes the turntable groan under her weight while being turned for servicing after a test run to check out a new motor /decoder installation.

100_1228.png

Thank you Carl and Jim. Jim if I counted up all of the SW7 cow/calf's, SW1000/1500's that i have either finished, in progress or on the shelves, I'd say I have somewhere close to 100 of the little critters. :) And that doesn't count the odd GE's, Alco's or MP15's that I have.

Jeffrey, that old pinhole camera has a nice depth of field.

GN, that 2-8-8-0 is a real beauty. What did you say your address was again? :)

Jerome, you are a confirmed switcheraholic. The only cure is box about five of the SW1500's and send them to me. :D

Jerome: I agree with Jim, but you could accidentally put someone elses address down ;)

Good work this week to everyone who added something in.

Back