Weekend Photo Fun 1-26/1-25

Ray, the green bead version of your telegraph pole is the best one. Those green beads give the insulators an approptiate translucent look. I forgot how nice those old roundhouse trussrod reefers looked - nice job.

Thanks Jim, Josh, and others! Now all I have to do is make about 40 or so of them...... (Actually they go together quite quickly.)

Ray don't you think that truss rod wooden underframe car should be highly weathered in 1925 so near the end of its effective life, after all in three years it would be banned from interchange service. Have to say that I do like the old MDC cars, for their time they were a great addition to my rolling stock.

Interesting thought. I was thinking that they would have been kept up well and washed frequently, but even if that was true, they still would have seen a lot of miles........... Anyone have any old photos of the queenpost style cars in the 20's? Thanks mdcustom.

Last additions to my dioramma this week

Pidgeons

birds.jpg

New Pets TOM..

tom.jpg

Ginger
ginger.jpg

And Shep " Im just taking the dog for a walk luv!"
onemanandhisdog.jpg

Well I do believe with its newly fitted lighting rig and signage Mossley Terrace is ready for its first outing to the Crewe Exhibiton this Sunday (25th)

STA51907.jpg

STA51908.jpg

And by way of a shameless plug for the Cheshire Railway Modellers .... If you have a chance pop along... proceeds are going to charity... But given 98% of you guys live a couple of thousand miles away Ill let you off !!

The Second CRM Exhibition. January 25th 2009 at Crewe Heritage Centre, Vernon Way, Crewe, Cheshire. 10am to 4pm

John
RJR

John~ The details on your diorama are very nice. I feel like I could stare at the pictures over and over and still find something new.

As for me, I just returned from the hobby shop where I was able to pick up my WSOR-Sargento 50' Boxcar. Mmmmmm...cheese. Pretty cool stuff.

The USPS carrier also just stopped by the house to drop off a couple of CNW AC4400 Athearn shells that I had won on Ebay this week. Pretty good day for trains at my house. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't catch much action down along Coal Fork Jct today, other than a lone GP38 towing some loaded hoppers out from the Cumberland Vally prep plant ....

AlleghenyCumberland32009_01_23_1-2.png

AlleghenyCumberland12009_01_23_1-2.png

Kinda strange weekend. Friday I had had enough of scale aggrevations, so I decided to jump ship and found these amoung my Mothers old ceramics in the back of the basement. Unbelievably, the paints were all still ok! So I figures, why not use em! The Matte sealer coating for ceramics was a bit shiney, I may dullcoat em, but otherwise, I think they make a cool set of bookends! Even the wife liked em!
I'll get back to the scale stuff next week!

I sure wish BNSF would repaint some of their units in red+silver as a 'heritage' scheme
I happen to have some "inside knowledge" that BNSF is planning "diversity" units, to be ES44DC's. However there was no info as to what they were planning, if it were to be like BN's unit, or like the UP heritage units... They're due some time in 2009, last I heard.

As for me, I just returned from the hobby shop where I was able to pick up my WSOR-Sargento 50' Boxcar. Mmmmmm...cheese. Pretty cool stuff
I just got mine last week as well, goes well with my Breast Cancer Research, and 60 years of Athearn WSOR cars!

Built a water tower for a slaughter house. Entirely scratchbuilt with individual shingles on the roof and individual staves for the tank. Next up for this complex is the hide building.

Did a bit of detail building this morning, the fruit crates have labels that I printed from actual crates, they are built from scale 1" thick lumber. The tool box is also built from scale 1" thick lumber while the tools in it are a combination of Berkshire Valley, Wiseman Model Works and scratchbuilt.

I just got mine last week as well, goes well with my Breast Cancer Research, and 60 years of Athearn WSOR cars!

I missed out on the 60th year car, still keeping a low key search for one. Seen them on Ebay now and then. Maybe I'll score one at the show today.

Karl~ Those bookends are cool, nice find.

How about a really old Warbonnet?

MVC-002F.jpg

Couple others from the basement & club layout:

So ugly it's pretty!

IMG_0345.jpg

This one's one of my favorites!

Al07.jpg

A classic:

HPIM1175.jpg

More shots from the AFT stuff.

2101_b.png

4449_b.png

New Showcase cars built for client......

a.png

AFT 40

b.png

AFT 41

c.png

Have a great weekend....

Johnny

I would have pictures for you all but its been really cold here and the sun has been covered by clouds everytime I am home.
I now have one room cleared out in the basement but need to put in new carpet as we tore the old one out. I will also be installing floressant lights to the room for better lighting for photos. I have also been thinking of several differant layout designs and will be talking with my friend who will be helping build it. I am thinking of going with narrower tables with areas that will only get wider when I will make a 180 deg turn in each room. I plan to go with the widest turns that I can get away with which may be around 33 inch turns and I will use my 18 and 22 inch where only Switchers will be going on the layout.
I plan to make the run as long as I can in the space that I have so I may go with a few differant designs to the tables and leave space between them instead of just making popups to be able to reach all the table. since one would have to get under the tables to get to the popups anyway.

a few shots with the new Back drops I installed yesterday. It took all afternoon to get these things up. I had to make a removable panel in front of the windows. These are sceniking backdrops.

FYI my camera does not have an AV setting that I can find so I cant get a long shutter opening to get good depth and detail. also the lighting is not the best in this room as the back drop cast a shadow in front of it because its in front of a window.

Trent

Hi Trent: Man, those back drops really make a big difference. Those photos look pretty good to me, if you're using auto setting.

Back