The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon/evening all. Kinda chilly today here in KC with temps in the lower to mid 40's and a small breeze, but the sun makes it look soooooo much warmer.

Sounds like you guys down south are in the middle of it all. A bit of of the south is here in KC. The Spirit of Louisiana is at Union Station till the end of April for the KC Rails expo.

Louisianatrain016.png

I just glanced over at the "other" forum, and it's hard to keep from laughing.

Have a good weekend everyone. Russell

Sorry since this post is nothing more than to hit 14. I didn't want to leave on my "13th" posting, especially on a Friday :eek:

Superstitious thing I guess.

Russell

Hi Flo! Yeah back in tonight. Doesn't seem very busy right now. Nah, nuttin special, just coffee for me please.

Had a real good conversation with Steve earlier today. Yeah the English one!:D:D

Also talked to KenL tonight. We were having a real good conversation until he got call for taxi duty! :D Oh, the joys of teenagers who don't drive yet.;) Just waitil they do, jus' wait.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really enjoyed talking to them both and really look forward to it again soon!
Thanx fer the coffee Flo, and tell Sabrina I'll see both of yall later!

Ken MI'm allready watching that sellers stuff,,,do i or don't i, i may get strung from the rafters if i do,,,,decisions decisions,,, but i HAVE done a lot of the extension work my self saving "loads A money" so i could call it a pay cheque. I tried to Skype you today / tonight, 8.30pm your time, ''ill try again over the weekend.
Carey nice talking to y'all on Skype, it was a pretty bad conection this time, we'll have to try again. Ken L gave you a try but i guess you were taxi'ing.
Russel is the 745 operational or is it on static display

Just a quick hello and wishing all a fun weekend. I am going to spend the weekend painting the new extension benchwork before I get too carried away laying track and etc. I hate painting. Most of it goes on me.

Still drawing up my track plan for this section causing a lot of argument between me, myself, and I. They just can't seem to agree on anything:D .

I haven't had any time for Skypeing, nearly finished a hen house and run. The residents arrived last night Mum and 6 chicks. Then there's more doom with the Toyota 4 CV rubber boots need replaceing or no warrant of fitness.

We finished painting the dining and lounge and hung new curtains.

When I do get a minute I've been fitting ditch lights in the SD40-2's. That's a tough job too I need to grind a channel in the chassis under the pilot for LED wires to fit. I have fitted the Details west mounting boxes to the front and drilled thru under the pilot, given them a matt black paint job. It's looking good so far.

Rex I'll send Jan over she loves painting, she takes a paint chart to bed!! LOL.

Well back to work. Ken.

Evening all. Nice day it was today Sunny and upper 50's. Spent part of the day with a group touring the remanents of the old right-of-way of the Kansas City Wyandotte & Northwestern Railroad. It began in 1887, and ran between KC and Virginia, Nebraska. The MoPac purchased it around 1894, and due to poor management and finances (it was operated as a seperate company), it was abandoned in 1919, and lines tore up in the mid 1920s. We saw parts of the right-of-way that haven't been tore up due to development (yet). In case anyone is interested in knowing more about the KCW&NW, "Missouri Pacific Northwest, a history of the Kansas City Northwestern Railroad", by I.E. Quastler is an interesting book about it. It's out of print, but it might show up on ebay or elsewhere.

Steve B, the sp 745 was operational. kcs had to bring it in. I think it's having mechanical problems.

Russell

Morning Sabrina! Nice big cup for me please. Those eggs smell great, but, I think I've had my fill for now.

Last night L&NCastle (William) & I drove up to Glenn Samuel's (WC&WBrasshat) house and had a very nice operating session. Glenn has added about another 30ft of main and sidings to the layout and has started his steel mill complex, to go with the rolling mill. We also met another new modeler to the area, (Sorry, I'm extremely poor with names and other than his first name Wayne, I can't remember his last!). He too is an N scaler like Glenn, and we really had a blast! Looking forward to the next session.

Rex, Glenn did ya one better! Instead of just knocking the cars over in the staging yards, he backed 4 cabooses and a passenger car off the end of the staging yard, onto the floor. Glenn also has very nice carpet in the train room and there was no damage.

Hi all long time no see well alot has happened scince I was here last 1 putor died 2 I need a operation they want to put in a defiballato in me.
Ilost all my favorites when my putor went down so had to wait for someone to send it to me (thanks ken) think he missed the first request in the other coffee shop so I emailed him this time it happens as we all get busy and we miss things from time to time . like I don't see me going back about 20+ pages to find where I left off and read it all Sorry but don't have the time

Well take care all and I'll be back in soon

Hello all.

I have not been here in a while, too busy, CFO has not been doing well so I have all the chores to do: the washing up, laundry, cooking, cleaning etc.. etc...

Hey, I thought you'd like to see what Fergie does in his spare time....
100_0037.png

Hope you're all well

Back soon

Happy MRRing
cid_004501c64776d44803006401a8c0DJK.gif

Hi everyone! Hope your weekend was good to you. We have had some very beautiful weather here in T-town and the Dogwood trees, Azalea's, and other flowers are popping out everywhere.

In-between interuptions, I managed to get about half my painting done and some work on my track planning. I am trying to use as many of my "in stock" turnouts as possible to keep from buying too many more. I believe I have plenty of rights, but will have to order several lefts.

NZKen: Anyone that likes to paint is always welcome around my house.

Ken/Fergie: Sorry I missed your Skype. It seemed that everytime I started to get on that thing either the landline would ring or someone would come over. I finally just gave it up.

Good evening crew,

It's late Sunday evening and I'm exhausted (and Sunday's supposed to be a day of rest? Sheeeesh....!) A friend of mine warned me that making my own artificial coal loads [rather than buying them from Chooch] would be very labor-intensive, and he wasn't kidding! I had to wash 6-minute epoxy off my fingers ~20 times today, in between each load. At least I've put that dreaded chore behind me now.

Rex and Fergie and other fellow skypians - sorry I missed your calls. It's a major roll of the dice as to when I can get on the family 'puter where I have Skype installed, most of the time I'm on the laptop (as is the case now) because one of the kids is using it. I got lucky on Friday evening and managed to have a good 45-minute chat with Carey since Sarah [my teenager] was out with her friends. Then on Saturday afternoon I thoroughly annoyed her by commandeering the 'puter to skype with Steve.

Went to the In-laws' with the family on Saturday evening for our monthly weekend supper visit, and while I was there I decided to rescue another one of my HO buildings from their crawl space [where it had been stored since I put my old house on the market in 1999]. While there, I found a treasure-trove of unopened bags of Woodland Scenics foliage in varying shades of green, plus a box of some of my favorite freight cars that I had written off as lost-in-the-move. I wish every trip to the In-laws could payoff this nicely...:rolleyes:

Uh-oh, I'm being summoned...better go!

Hi all. Just a quick duck in to say hello. LGM and I have been backpacking all weekend. Whew, I'm worn out! Anyway, for the dog fanciers here, a couple pics of Jess and Dixie. Jess actually wears a pack and is quite helpful to have along! They had a fantastic trip (10+mile round trip)!

Sorry for the large pics. For some reason I can't seem to get the thumbnails attached...:confused:

135634943.gif

135634928.gif

Glad you eNjoyed the weekend trip G M. Dogs looking great. We had an eightith B'day party for my mother Sat afternoon. Her mother just died about 2 years ago and she was 98. My dad is 88 so my wife has a lot to look forward to and beside I am not thru with messing with people yet. :D My grandson does not want me to go anywhere until we get his model RR layout up and running. Gee that means I have to be here for at :rolleyes: least another 15 years.

:p Nice pictures of Grandman and LGM!
Opps, GM, I didn't read far enough to realize these were your traveling companions.
I'm sure you had a good time, great to have "quality time" with LGM.
I'm looking forward to similar adventures with my grandsons when they are able to hike. Number two grandson learned to say, "Tho..miss Tank" over the weekend. Maybe I am getting through to him that trains are great!
Congrates on the fine looking family members.

Good morning. Just thru a full weekend of Rail Run up in the North East. This was my 18th year with this meet. Great time was had by all. We started running layouts on Friday evening, then changed to go to two other layouts on Saturday. Dinner as a group Saturday night, then an Open house on Sunday. Now I am back to work to relax. The group has now risen to almost 70 participants.

Mornin' yall. Seems active today. Just a small cup of coffee for me this morning.:)

Went back to oral surgeon this am and he contoured my jaw under local. Didn't feel a thing, but him tapping on a chiesel with a small hammer, and cutting the bone with a rongeur.:eek: After sewing me up and fillin' my mouth with enough gauze to choke a elephant,:p he gave me a shot for the pain he said is coming.:( He also gave me a double prescription for a pain med. He said I'll proabably be REAL sore this afternoon and tonite.:(:(

Back to soft foods for at least a week as I can't wear my storeboughts until the incisions heal.:(

Best thing is he said unless I have some more trouble, I don't need to see him anymore.:D He also said to get the dentures adjusted as soon as possible after healing to get the best fit possible.:p Then maybe I can eat a steak or two!:D:D

Well gettin' a little drowsy from the shot, I think I'm gonna lay down and nap if possible:rolleyes:.

See yall later on !:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back