The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Gent's, it's busy here today,
Today i went to my friend Glynn's funeral, around 500 people turned up to see him off which was amazing, it was a very emotional day for everyone.
Tonight i have just put two 10' 8"x4" girders in the house between the kitchen and extension so i can open everything up, boy are they heavy, bathtime and bed for me now. Just got reminded that i'm 39 on Wednesday, i don't think i'll be doing anything special this year but i think i'll go to Tenerife or La Palma for my 40th next year.
GM & LGM glad you had a nice trip, i wish i had the time.
Carey hope you not in much pain
Ken nice find, i must go up dad's attic, maybe i'll find some handy stuff.

Good evening everyone, just stopped by for a quick coffee before headed off to Monday night Men's candle pin bowling league. Three weeks to go in the season and we are holding ON to 1st place by "1" point!!
Track Plans for 2006 arrived today in plastic wrap AND in a yellow envelope, I guess they don't want these being stolen along the way. Who said MRR'g is dying?

FERGIE: Where have you been ? How is the addition coming ?

Steve, Sorry to hear about your friend. :(

PNKFLOYD, Speaking canine looking folks, I did date a gal in HS that favored Dixie. You know, beady eyes, sharp snout, etc...:D

Hello crew,

Just a quick check-in. Spent the whole weekend making solid coal loads for my unit coal train. Labor-intensive to be sure, but way cheaper than buying the Chooch ones.

Luc, sorry to hear Gloria isn't doing well - hope she recovers quickly!

Steve, Hope everything settles back down at your company now that Gwynn has been laid to rest.

DickJ - Fergie might have already gone back out to sea, not quite sure; congrats on the bowling competition!

G/M - can the missus handle you talking about past 'flames' all the time?:p

Carey - hope those inscissions heal quickly.

Well that's it for now, back to el grindo...

No I'm here! Just getting lon in the tooth as it's year end and I'm spent! March Madness for Government is insanity as the money that was squirrelled away now comes out of the seams and we have to spend it or loose it!

I'm off cycle Thursday and will start working in the garden on Friday. W're still waiting for the builder to get back to us with the drawings before any final decision is made. Dad was in to see the Cardiologist yesterday and everything looks good so he starts rehab next week.

BTW: This Son #1 he just earned his Chief Scouter's award. One of lifes little cornerstones!

air.thumb.jpg

Fergie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody! Just passing by on my way to get some "yard work" done down in the basement.......... ;) Well, I might have time for a quick cup of Java, dark roast, if you got it.

Fergie! My heartiest congratulations on your son's Scout award! I have been an active Scouter down here in the US of A for close to thirty years. Scouting can really make a difference in the life of a youngster! Also, very glad to hear that your dad got good news at the doctors and hope rehab helps him. I have several friends that have (are) going through cardiac rehab and they enjoy the regimen.

Opps! Gotta go, great cup of "dark roast" brew. Later!

Fergie,

Congrats on Son #001 and his Scouting achievement!

Are you available for skyping or not? Everytime I look at your status it reads "Do not disturb"...:confused:

CSX_road_slug said:
Fergie,

Congrats on Son #001 and his Scouting achievement!

Are you available for skyping or not? Everytime I look at your status it reads "Do not disturb"...:confused:

SKYPE! SKYPE! SKYPE!
Skype Me Baby!!:D

Chances are when it reads do not skype I'm away from the puter because No1 or 2 are engaged!

Fergie

CSX_road_slug said:
DickJ - Fergie might have already gone back out to sea, not quite sure; ...
Fergmiester said:
No I'm here!

Hoo-boy, did I ever call that one wrong!:eek: My apologies to anybody who may have been mislead.

Just another 3rd-Monday-of-the-week around here, little else going on. Beautiful weather [finally], great for railfanning. May have to call in sick....:rolleyes:

Hello everyone,
Fergie give your son a pat on the back from me, that's great news

Just had a big slice of birthday cake, i'm 39 today but i feel like 69

Steve, Happy #39! Today has been a good day (so far). A package finally arrived with some scenery items that had been backordered for a month, and the installer called and will be here first thing in the morning to install the gas heater for my train rooms in the basement. It has also been a beautiful spring day here in the Finger Lakes of NYS. Going to finish a section of backdrop, and put down some "cowpasture tonight. Hope all of you are also having one of those days where everything seems to go right (knock on wood!).

Ken heres some pics from the repair yard of CSX thats in Newport News, VA don't think its a main one but it does it share in there normally. While I was in Newport News today seeing the doc swung by there and got some pics.

Trains_0036.png

Trains_0038.png

Trains_0041.png

Steve: And Las Vegas thought they had all the lights:D :D !! Can't wait until you turn the big 4-0! Man, will you catch it then. :D

Finally got all my painting done on the extension, backdrops up, and fascia in place. Ordered the additional turnouts today and should have them around Monday or Tuesday. I needed a total of 26, but had 15 on hand which saves me a bundle of additional $moola$. Already received the additional track, so next week will be time for "John Henry" to get busy.

Fergie: Congrats to No. 1 son. Yes, it is another good cornerstone for life.

KenL: Are you trying to put Fergie out to pasture (I mean sea) too quick?:eek: :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE

Sorry for the shouting but you are on the other side of the world.

and you maybe getting deaf in your old age!!!!!

Boy! What a beautiful day with temps in the 80's forcast. Nothing finer than the Spring with the rebirth of Nature going on everywhere. Sure makes me hungry...where's Flo? Flo!

Steve: Just think...today is your first day of working on 40:eek:. Darn your getting OLD!:D :D

Hello GentsThank you very much, Hey i wish i had some nice weather, it's done nothing but rain, I have had a smashing good time of late, i have made two Very big holes in the house, one upstairs and one downstairs, now i must get the heating installed. I'm halfway to having enough money for a U30C Ken.
when i'm 40i am thinking of going to the canary isles for a week or two, hopefully with some friends and familly, the more the merrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back