The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PNKFLOYD said:
CJ- What are you going to use for background for your inventory shots?
You going to use your famous grass scenery on your layout?:D

Mikey, I think I'll just go ahead and dispose of Mr. Smith & Beatty.:eek::eek: I have no earthly idea where they came up with that mess!:confused:

I think I'll just use a neutral background to get some done, until McWane is available:).

Ken; Thanx for the pointers!!:D I'll definitely need them! I've already copied and pasted them into word and will print them out the first time.

Steve; Sorry to here that my friend. I know that depression from my training and experience is actually a bigger "killer", than it seems to be to the public in general. And that many people suffer in silence with it. I know that I have experienced it when I had a chronic infection with my foot and was in the middle of a spate of 14 surgeries on it. I was ready to even lose the foot/leg just to stop the pain from the wounds, and the pain in my mind.

Mikey, I heard Glenn used to practice putting on CJ's grass.
36_11_6.gif

Hey CJ what u doin wid a mind nobody else is in thier right mind so's why should u B. LOL LOL LOL Crazier than a bed bug here LALALALALALALA

CJ- I was recently told, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and yours is wasted on you!".
When I complained I was losing my mind over our new computer system installation at work, a sweet young girl said I could start looking for it in the gutter. These people know me too well.
At least on the forum, you know who your friends are and are not.

PNKFLOYD said:
CJ- I was recently told, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and yours is wasted on you!".
When I complained I was losing my mind over our new computer system installation at work, a sweet young girl said I could start looking for it in the gutter. These people know me too well.
At least on the forum, you know who your friends are and are not.

Sounds like she definitely knows ya there Mikey!:):)

Yes, at least I do know who my friends on the forum are, unlike other forums this is the friendliest I've ever been on.:D:D

Kudos, (and I don't mean the candy), to all who make this the best place to be.

Friendly Place!

CJ- I agree this is a very friendly forum.
I skulked around the various threads for about two weeks before I joined.
I was impressed with the good humored comments back and forth.
I was also glad to see basic modeling questions answered in friendly simple terms. No one has said "that is a stupid question and any idiot knows...."

Thanks to everyone for making this a very enjoyable experience and opportunity to learn from the whole railroad modeling world. And I have noticed posts from around the globe and learned several techniques to make me a better modeler.
Yes, CJ, I have a long way to go before I acheive "fair modeler", much less "good modeler".:D
Thanks again, everyone for the great conversations and tolerable coffee here!

Hi everyone! We finally got a beautiful day after a deluge of rain. Think its time for Flo to bring on a pile of southern fried chicken. Boy! This railroad work sure makes me hungry.
FatGuy03.gif

I agree with you guys about the comfortable feeling you get on this forum. No one blasting you for a mispelled word or a slip in grammer, members always willing to help in a constructive way and not trying to gain personal recognition by doing so. The relaxed and witty humor that makes you laugh when you are bogged down in confusion. Yeah, this is indeed a good place to be.;) :) :)

Cjcrescent said:
The first one of ya'll who says ,"What mind!" (Rex, William, Eric, Glenn, etc etc etc) Will be dealt with most severely!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Better get a big cool one as it gone a get hot soon!:D

Seems like there are pictures posted some where on this forum that shows CJ with at least 1 empty cavity in his head!:) I also haven't seen CJ in public since.

Rex or CJ;

Have you heard Williams plans for us on Sat.?

CJ: How are the new teeth doing?

William and Eric; Okay, your shot!:p

Glenn

Glenn, William's meet has been postponed for now. I'm sorry, I thought he or CJ sent you an email. I think Mr. May has April and CJ May. (that sounds strange doesn't it:D ) I might be well enough along to make a fill-in for April if I am wrong, but CJ ain'ta gonna get out of it.
RH

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex,

William had called to say he was postponing the meet from the 18th to the 25th. I didn't know he had chickened out. The WC&W would have been ready to host again this Sat. with an additional 20' of mainline. Still have 2 more sessions that need to be run.

I could host in April as far as a location if needed. The current plan is to work on the Blast Furnace stockhouse and the Eastend staging yard.

If CJ hosts in May we may need to have paramedics on hand because some of us may have heart attacks from the shock. And the thought of CJ giving mouth to mouth is enough to kill me!

Glenn

Hi gang,

The first day of spring is not very springlike up here - 32 F, breezy and overcast. Been decaling and weathering a few bethgons in the CSX 'Confederate gray' scheme (you 'Bama guys oughta appreciate that;) ), will post a few pix when ready.

Steve - Sorry to hear about the suicide at work:( , its like Rex was saying, few people appreciate that depression can be a life-threatening illness and nobody "chooses" to be depressed, it just kind of happens and it's harder than h*** to pull out of it.

Mikey I agree with your views about this forum, definitely higher quality of posts - that is exactly why MRF is now my online home. I generally only 'lurk' on the Kalmbach forum anymore, it's more fun to watch a fight than to be involved in one!:D

Later y'all...

If CJ hosts in May we may need to have paramedics on hand because some of us may have heart attacks from the shock. And the thought of CJ giving mouth to mouth is enough to kill me!

From all I understand by talking with members of the "Wrecking Crew", it will be a day that must be recorded for posterity. Can you imagine CJ with even benchwork. I believe we should invite the Birmingham News with photographer.

:eek: CJ...mouth to mouth...Yuk!:eek: Yeah, we better have the paramedics:D :D .

KENL: Are you going to paint the 'Stars and Bars' on those cars?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening all. The first full day of spring here in KC was cold (low 30's), breezy, and slushy from the dusting of snow and some rain. We missed da big one that went north of us.

I like the comfort of being welcomed here. Pardon the homage to "Home on the Range" when I say "Not a discouraging word" can be found here :D

Ken, I too sometimes appear as a ghost browser on the "other" forum. Nope, haven't missed a thing. Same ol' Same ol' there.

Have a good night, Russell (playing "Home on the Range" on harmonica)

BMRR said:
I don't have to worry about losing my mind, I never had one to start with. :)

Stan.
Alot of folks would say that about me Stan!:D:D

Glenn; Still got problems. Hope to have them resolved in a couple of weeks. The problem is with all the exposed bone and spurs I have had to deal with, the "immediate" dentures aren't so immediate. Result is my jaws aren't healing to the contour of the dentures. Since I couldn't wear them for the proper amount of time, after my jaws do heal they'll basically have to rebuild the dentures to the jaws contour and probably shave down some of the jaw. I can however eat some things. I'm glad cause I sure was getting tired of eggs, soup, chilli, stew etc....

Rex; Don't have to worry about M2M from me. I'll just intubate ya with a piece of garden hose, and let William blow down the tube!:D:D:D:D

INstead of the paramedics bring on the Babes for the Sports Illistrated Swimsuit Edition. On second thought that may not be a good ideeeeee either cause I don't think divorce court sounds to good. Oh well the thought was nice for a fleeting moment.

atsfmodeler said:
Good evening all. The first full day of spring here in KC was cold (low 30's), breezy, and slushy from the dusting of snow and some rain. We missed da big one that went north of us.

Ken, I too sometimes appear as a ghost browser on the "other" forum. Nope, haven't missed a thing. Same ol' Same ol' there.

Have a good night, Russell (playing "Home on the Range" on harmonica)

Russell; First full day of spring here started out cloudy, breezy and cool. Sun came out about 11am here and for about the next 3-4 days we're gonna be sunny, 10-15 degrees below normal, with temps in the upper 50-mid 60's:p:p:p (Sorry 'bout that)

I go over to "the dark side" at least once a day for a laugh!:) I love how all they do is moan and complain about this, that and the other. My two favorites are the complaints about having to pay for a repair from Bachmann on an engine thats 8 yrs old and wonders why its taking longer than a month, when the repair is one that even :pRex:D could do in fifteen minutes. The other was the one where the guy said there was no way to read a decoder thru a Digitrax DCS100 without a super special brand new USB interface. I use to read them all the time thru a MS100 and now a LocobufferII.

I also hope you can play harmonica better than Eric. :eek: I hear he ain't been here much lately cause he blew his "lip" out at a turkey calling contest!!:eek:;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back