The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lights are up (and bright!) and the layout is rolling...

DSCF2548.sized.jpg

looking good Jeff, how are you all doing, not had time to call in for a while as i am still digging the hole for our new house extension, it's not been a very nice couple of weeks, if i as so much as look at the spade it starts to rain like the heck, i am getting bored with slipping in the wet clay now, role on some nice dry weather, this is my model railroads supply of clay, my 5' holes look more like duck ponds now.
117599745.gif

Gee steve seen this pic elswhere a little while ago. sure your not copping from another forum lol. not much happening talk to you all later just wanted to stop in and say hi

Flo, just a quick cup of joe and think I'll sit in front of the tube a while.

Whoa, Steve! THAT looks toooo much like work! Back-breaking work! That spade must feel like it weighs a ton with wet clay in it.

Jeff: I just visited your photo site and wow, you do have the light now. Ain't it great.:)

CJ: You found the Saluda grade pictures yet? Get on the ball, fellow. You have us salivating, in anticipation.

Wow Steve, I don't envy you at all! :eek: That scene reminds me of the previous summer when I had to dig-out a perfectly level foundation for my family's above-ground swimming pool. Luckily my neighbor let me borrow a Deere tractor with a loader attachment so that sped-up the dirt disposal process. I'm curious to see what you plan to do with all that clay on your layout - hope the benchwork can support its weight!

Well goodnight everyone, I type better with my eyes open. C-ya!

CSX_road_slug said:
Wow Steve, I don't envy you at all! :eek: That scene reminds me of the previous summer when I had to dig-out a perfectly level foundation for my family's above-ground swimming pool.

I don't envy you either, Steve. I got a chuckle out of Ken's post remembering last summer setting up the kids an 18 foot above ground pool. The box said 15 minute set up, what they didn't mention was the 3 afternoons I spent with a shovel to level out a spot. As you might have guessed by now, our property isn't exactly level... :D

Good morning y'all,

First of all thanx everybody for the positive feedback on the layout progress photos, that helps me stay motivated.

I was hoping I could bring my track diagram up-to-date this morning since the one I posted only shows ~85% of the total trackage. But my AbraCAData software requires the original CD which I have misplaced...GRRRRRRR! :mad:

Won't be doing much railroading today, I have to ferry my kids to soccer games again starting at noon. Regular season was supposed to end in October, but their teams have made the playoffs [good for them, I shouldn't complain :eek: ] Tomorrow I'll be participating in an op session on the layout of my friend Jim Brewer, hope he assigns me a 'local' - I really enjoy those switching challenges.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Pot of Java, please, Sabrina.

Ken, sounds like you're heart's more into trains than soccer... ;) Have fun at tomorrow's ops session!

I hope we can cover some ground on the RR today. My Dad may be coming over to hang out. I sure hope he does, if so, we'll just start a little later on the RR work. We gotta figure out how to program the turnout routes into the DCS100. I knew when LGM and his trusty DT300 couldn't do it (last night), I was in trouble! ;) I could get the routes in but it was almost like they were a keystroke away from being activated. :confused: Oh well, today's a new day.

When we do get the programming straightened out, it'll be a cool setup. I reprogrammed the Lenz LS150 stationary decoders to neww addresses. That will allow the routes to correspond with the indication panel's track numbers. If you want a train off track #7, just select 7 in switch mode on the throttle and all turnouts will be aligned to get the hidden train onto the main. DCC is way cool stuff! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
grande man said:
We gotta figure out how to program the turnout routes into the DCS100. I knew when LGM and his trusty DT300 couldn't do it (last night), I was in trouble! ;) I could get the routes in but it was almost like they were a keystroke away from being activated. :confused: Oh well, today's a new day.

I had no more gotten that typed and went for a second cup of coffee, when LGM came running upstairs yelling that he had the route programming figured out. :D What would I do without him?

Hi all!
Grande man: God Bless the young minds of our world! (I need somebody to lead me around :confused::D)

I finally got the courage to make my first-ever pour of EnviroTex "water". So far, so good. Guess I will know in a few days.That is some interesting stuff.
Well, it's almost time to sit down in my recliner and "play" football. Talk at'cha later.

grande man said:
I had no more gotten that typed and went for a second cup of coffee, when LGM came running upstairs yelling that he had the route programming figured out. :D What would I do without him?

Can you get him to fix my throttle? ;)

BTW Best of luck to PSU, even though I think they'll get crushed by Wisconsin.

Hamburger and fries please, Flo.

Whew! It's been a marathon RR work day. The good news is, the North staging yard is in with working train detection!!! All that's left to do is install the second LS150 stationary decoder. We're almost ready to operate!

Ken
But my AbraCAData software requires the original CD which I have misplaced...GRRRRRRR!

not sure but I may have a copy its called Train Engineer

Deluxe

shows a pic of old # 19 on it and its by abracadata with a upside down top hat at the begining of the first A

might have to bring it to you when I come as I don't use it

RT

rtraincollector said:
dgwinup

Heres another for you

bart.png

Thanks, RT. Those are cute pictures. I get a good laugh from them! Haven't sprung the 'waving kitty' on my girlfriend yet. Should be interesting!

Darrell, quiet...for now

Hello All, got a good dry day so digging went very well today, i got another 4 cubic yards out today, i have to dig deep as when the house was built 12 yrs ago the ground was about 3 - 4 ft lower so they just filled it with bricks and crap and clay on top of about a foot of top soil so i have to dig through the lot to get to good solid clay, and to think people pay to go to the gym, they can come to my out door gym if they want.
Ken, the clay is being used to form am embankment, it's going on thin mixed with white glue and will be covered with ground cover with just a few spots left exposed, it looks good on the bit i have done allready, pics to follow.
LOL i'm hungry
later

Grande Man - congrats on that North Yard train detection 'milestone'

rtraincollector said:
...might have to bring it to you when I come as I don't use it

Thanks RT, I found the missing CD! (BTW Train Engineer is a 3-D train operating game, a more primitive flavor of MSTS and Trainz)

Bedtime beckons, hope y'all had a great weekend (looks like you did)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Flo, a cold glass of water please. Where is everybody ?
Well I finally started painting the train room. This four or five day project has turned into a six month project. Just don't have the time to work on it. Hope to get it finished soon so I can get my layout up and running.

Stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back