The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Flo, how about Pepsi. Hello to everyone and hope your day has gone well.
I have been working on my un-named gorge today and finally got my trestle permanently in place. This is a very tight area with an upper level track with truss bridge, mid track with trestle, lower track with small trestle, and a swift flowing creek. Everything has to be done in a sequence or I wouldn't be able to get my hands in there. I hope to pour my water (EnviroTex) in the gorge part of the creek by this weekend.

byebye.png

Hi All
not much happening here thought I'd drop inand say hi thou talk to you all later

2L Mt Dew for me... So I went to Wal*Mart yesterday for halloween candy sales, and they were sold out allready @ 7PM. I was so annoyed I forgot to buy my Mt Dew! I left with Advil cold & sinus, 3 tractors for the layout, and a photo album for my railfanning pictures. Maybe I should ahve bought a dvd, so I have something to do tonight! I'm out of stuff to do on the GP7u until I work up the energy to mask the bonnet, and buy the testors flat yellow base paint I'm going to use.

Morning y'all,

Flo I'll have a small coffee this morning, still full from my visit with friends in the Shop 'across the street' (but tomorrow I'll come here first, I promise! ;))

Just a quiet Thursday morning here in central Maryland. Nice coating of frost, but I don't think it's enough to keep me from having to mow my lawn at least one more time this season! I was hoping to have my layout at a point where I could post some new pics of it on the WPF thread, but with this recent unplanned addition of new spurs I don't think that'll be possible.

Hello all! Hope you are well on this day-before-Friday? Time for some lunch, Flo. What'cha got cookin?

Josh: You best stay away from that candy. It has a tendency to shrink your clothing:D. At least you came home with something for your layout.

KenL: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! You just want to tease. I'll bet you got some great photo shots. Let's see your progress this weekend. If I can brave up and clear away a dozen paint bottles, brushes, and piles of tools, I will take a few of the work done on my Gorge. Heck, no single area on my layout is complete to take the "pretty shots", but seeing someone's progress is just as good (In my opinion).
Idea!
Let's see photos an descriptions of everyone's progress/work this weekend's wpf. It doesn't matter what it is; it would be great fun.

It doesn't matter what it is; it would be great fun.
Ha. For you, maybe. I'll be launching the semi-annual housecleaning marathon. Eeek. The kids are coming! The kids are coming! You want pics of me washing windows???

They come out from the midwest for a few days a couple of times a year (this year for Thanksgiving), and for some reason I feel driven to make everything spic and span. Why? I don't know! I guess it's just a Mom thing. They sleep here, but spend most of their time with the other kids and grandkids, so they don't have time to notice dust bunnies. :D

:D Well, the kids keep coming HERE, so I don't have time to go THERE. But keep your guard up --- I might surprise ya.

Why sure, Claudia! Washing windows would be a fine photo shot. After all, you have to be able to see your layout scenery:D.

I envy you having your kids for Thanksgiving. Ours live in Houston and can't make it this year, but we will have our niece and her family and my aging Mother for the day. Our niece is like a daughter so it will be a good day.:)

Well, I didn't get my lights up last night as expected. Instead, I collected 3 hours of overtime and 113 miles (to be compensated) taking a part up to a customer.

Very unexpected.

But now my wife allows that it might be enough extra money that she'll allow me to buy some benchwork materials...

RexHea said:
I envy you having your kids for Thanksgiving. Ours live in Houston and can't make it this year, but we will have our niece and her family and my aging Mother for the day. Our niece is like a daughter so it will be a good day.:)

Now Rex, if you need numbers for Thanksgiving dinner, just say the word... :D

Hey Flo may I please have a very large Rasberry Iced Tea in fact make it a douoble. Just came in from burning the brush I cut out of a neighbors fence row and got out of the whirlpool tub I installed this summer. Man that thing is great for sore muscles. The weather was just darn near perfect here today, temps in the low 70,s not bad fer November and a slight breeze that kept fanning the flames so it got real hot and burned even the green limbs and leaves I put in there. Now that is job I will not have to do next spring. Just keep sprayin the brush killer on those dang little scrub trees and hope they die a permanent death.

Hello, all. A nice crowd in here tonight. I'd better pony up a round for the house crowd, since I don't post here much. I do visit, often several times a day, but I stay quiet, mostly.

Seems like all is going well with everyone. No hobgoblins or witches spoiling Halloween!

Thanks to whoever it was that posted the 'waving kitty' picture! I put a copy in a file so I'll be able to surprise Carolyn with it sometime! She likes those cute little kitties, always begging me to get one. She forgets that too soon they grow into cats, and she hates cats! A kitten probably wouldn't get along with our disabled dog, either.

I'm working up the energy to get some things done around the house. I've put off too much for too long, so it's time to pay the piper! Maybe then I be able to do wome railroading without feeling guilty! HA!

Good cheer to all. See you another time. (Probably at 3 am, which is when I frequently find myself checking in!)

Darrell, quiet...for now

RexHea said:
Josh: You best stay away from that candy. It has a tendency to shrink your clothing:D. At least you came home with something for your layout.
Uh huh, gotcha there! Whew what a boring Thursday, but I found out I have pending orders to PCA (perment change of assignment) to Flightline fuels here on base, so it looks like my hours for working will change now. But my command will stay the same, sort of. NINE more months of this carp...

Set me up Flo! Nice big glass of real Lemonade, not any of that powdered stuff! I'll take a big ol' greaseburger as well with them nice hot fries on the side.

Been real boring at work past few days. Only excitement is at lunch! Got to put my truck in the shop tomorrow. Needs new tires, wheel alignment and prob'ly brakes as well. I figger its gonna be at least $700.00. And people wonder why I ain't been buying any trains.

Been going thru my Saluda pictures and I guess I better scan a few up and post'em. I sure wish they'd (NS) make up their minds on reopening that grade or not. Last year she was a lookin' a mite poorly.

Just ain't been anything to compare to Saluda! Two or three SD-50's or better, having to triple the hill with a 50 car train. Never forget being just below the Sand Cut section, and have those locos going by at full throttle, headin' up the hill, and I could walk faster than they're movin'. (Sand Cut is one of the "flatter" spots on the grade, only 4.3% at that point).

Take a load up, park down by the end of the sidin' up top, then go back down and get some more. Then do it one more time! Most people around there called it the Saluda shuffle.

The grade even bested the 611 with 5 cars one time. It slipped and would go no further. Had to be rescued by the diesel helpers that had brought the rest of the train up the hill.
Next year though the 611 won! Boy was that a sight!!!!

Gotta go now. You boys have a good night.

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
KenL: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! You just want to tease. I'll bet you got some great photo shots. Let's see your progress this weekend.
OK Rex I did it, posted photos of my construction zone in this week's WPF! Still a long way to go...

Darrell, that "waving kitty" picture is the handiwork of RT - he has a huge collection of those types of images.

CJ - that Saluda grade sounds like an exciting railfan hangout, my favorite was the upper end of the B&O's Howard Street Tunnel under the city of Baltimore - always had rear-end helper units, usually 1st generation! :cool:

Sweet tea please, Flo.

I'm ready for the weekend. Anyone else in the same boat? It's been a great week though, with two mini railfanning trips. I'm hoping to get some more work done on the RR. The north yard may become a reality...

CJ, your Saluda pics are fine, I'd like to see some of them posted here. ;) I bet I'm not alone.

G'morning, fellas! Flo, I need a large sticky-bun this morning. Lots of weeds to pull today, and they're the icky flower-bed kind that have to be plucked out by hand, not whacked out with a hoe. It's overcast now, so I need to get busy before the sun burns through and toasts me. Have a good TGIF!

A large Rasberry iced tea please Flo. Gettin ready to head to Woodcraft and start ehj new job. Really looking forward to this as I have been trying to get hired for over 15 months now. Will be able to get more TOOLS. YIPEEEEEEEE
He iwth the most TOOLS/TOYs wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back