So what are you listening to right NOW?

Snowy White also played backup guitar on some Pink Floyd Songs, and also played on tour with them. He is another one of those whose guitar "says more with a pregnant pause than with a flurry of notes."
Snowy White is on my list of 80's & 90's music that I can tolerate. I have nine of his albums as mp3's. He also was the guitar player for Thin Lizzy, appearing on three albums from 1980-1983 as well as touring live with them.

It comes from his 1979 album "Marathon". It was a departure from much of what he had done in the past. By the time this album was recorded, only the two conga players were left from his original classic band from his Woodstock days. This song sounds great on headphones with the sound drifting from ear to ear.
You are right about that, and it's been so long since I listened to Aquamarine through close-cup phones, I had forgotten it. Gonna need to invest in some new ones, methinks.

Thinking about this also has me wanting to take possession of Dad's ol' "Fisher Space Expander," which has been gathering dust (it's still installed in and behind a very heavy chest at my folks old house). Aquamarine would really rock fed through that little machine.

Oh, my... the Fisher Space Expander... Now there's a blast from the past! I think all it did was help "separate" the left & right channels by a very slight delay to one of the channels. It was just enough of a delay to fool your mind into believing that the speakers were farther apart.

Edit: I was wrong, it's a spring-tube reverb machine.

Last edited:
Right now sitting in the waiting room for Terry EN &T doctor.

simon and Garfunkel’s Bridge over troubled Water

Ronnie Jordan: After Hours.

This is usually my wind-down-and-go-to-sleep-tune. 1:05 AM, so it's time. G'nite....

Snowy White is on my list of 80's & 90's music that I can tolerate. I have nine of his albums as mp3's. He also was the guitar player for Thin Lizzy, appearing on three albums from 1980-1983 as well as touring live with them.
:D :D :D

How DID you ever survive those two decades, Willie? :D

But, and because I'm sure this is also on your "list of 80's & 90's music that [you] can tolerate...".

...yes, I'm sure you'll appreciate this throwback tune:

Ok. Maybe not. But maybe you can at least tolerate the video?

Beginning @1:22, at points thereafter, and wearing the big glasses is one of The UK's finest--Caroline Munro. B-movie actress from back in the day: "Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter," and "At the Earth's Core," (also starring Doug McClure). And on top of that, she was a well known Bond Girl too, though not for long. The helicopter pilot, trying to finish off Roger Moore....

Maybe Smudge will appreciate it--her--even if you don't.

--------------

I now return you to your regularly scheduled "Santa Fe" channel. ;D

Last edited:

Still awake.

My maternal GF worked as a telegrapher for the Santa Fe between Winslow and Seligman AZ, leading to the births of my half-aunt (born in Winslow) and (I'm pretty sure now) half-uncle , who was born and died just fourteen hours later in Seligman. Mom was born in Prescott.
We later had family on the paternal side too in Sedona and Phoenix, and so between them all, this part of the US--along Route 66--has a special significance for me.

Thanks for indulging me. I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
How DID you ever survive those two decades, Willie?
Besides listening to older stuff, there was a fair amount of current offerings that appealed to me. Talking Heads, some AC/DC, Cheap Trick, some David Bowie, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tom Petty, Warren Zevon, George Thorogood, and many of the retro-swing bands like Squirrel Nut Zippers and Cherry Poppin' Daddies. There are others that I can't recall at this moment. I did not like most of the head-banging or grunge music that was popular at the time. Some of the "arena rock" groups had some limited good stuff, like Journey, Styx, or Rush. Their vocalists were sometimes very grating to hear. I also have some very eclectic tastes like Brian Eno, Weather Report and Frank Zappa. I survived though.

Back