Show us your special rides

I see there is a lot of Ford power on this site...good to know!!
My 2005 VW Jetta GLI was given back to VW last December when the lease was up, it was a great car. I miss it big time.
carwash11405bw.png

Then I got another F150 after my father passed. The jetta cold not be driven in the winter since it was lowered and had summer tires on it when I got it from VW.
f150andjetta.png

And now I got my 1998 F150 to myself, all 172,000 miles of her. And still running strong.
jan11thmall.png

Well my special ride is not for show or performance, it does have a definite purpose which we enjoy. Did win a drag race in a very short distance with it against either a Toyota or Ford pickup. :D

DotinRVWindow.png

Cheers
Willis

Just came in from cleaning the inside of my ride, as I'll be turning it in on Monday near the end of a four year lease:

Magnum-1.jpg

It's a Dodge Magnum SXT, nothing overly fancy, 6 cylinder, 250hp. Great car while it lasted, but it must move on to make room for a 2009 Toyota Venza crossover, getting it on Monday! Also a 6 cylinder, 268hp, 20" wheels! Can't wait!

Ok, so ya liked the Ranger, so here's its stablemate, my daily driver. With 172,000 miles on the clock, still getting over 24 mpg commuting, 30 on trips is my 3400 V6 Alero GLS. Oh, and she still has the factory original spark plugs and wires. I had one out at 80k when I resealed a leaky intake, and it looked perfect!

6&1/2ft tall all copper early man. 250# all copper turtle. Supposed to be the face of God, but the customer said it didn't look like him, so I sold it to a man that the face looked like for a lot more money than I was asking. That pc. is made out of layered(many pcs.) steel done w/a mig welder. The copper turtle was put together w/copper rivets & the copper man was welded w/a torch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am NOT a fan of American Hot Rod or muscle cars. They are just not up to the quality of BMWs and other foreign cars.

I've owned audi's before and known a lot of people who had bimmers, the too many things they are known for is unreliable and expensive to fix. In fact my uncle just bought another 3 series vert and many of the moldings don't flow right.

One of the other car forums I'm also on just had a poll about how reliable you car is and the majority was domestics were more reliable than the imports

I see a lot of typical looking cars. not very many REAL cars out there. I am NOT a fan of American Hot Rod or muscle cars. They are just not up to the quality of BMWs and other foreign cars. Well here is my beautiful 2006 BMW 745Li. This is a real car. I have owned it for just over 2 years so I am very happy with it. Enjoy this beauty

I have a buddy with a Jaguar E-type with a V-12 from the 1960's never had issues with it---newer Jags definitely have issues. Bimmers around here I see have brake wear--wheels cast duller because of brake dust. Reliable? Meh:rolleyes:

I've owned audi's before and known a lot of people who had bimmers, the too many things they are known for is unreliable and expensive to fix. In fact my uncle just bought another 3 series vert and many of the moldings don't flow right.

One of the other car forums I'm also on just had a poll about how reliable you car is and the majority was domestics were more reliable than the imports

gonna have to agree, the auto repair shop i work for the bosses wife drives BMW's and they are ungodly expensive to fix.

we have had plenty of BMW's, Volvos, & audis on the lot that when something does go wrong with em its rediculous what ya gotta go through to get the things fixed and like i said cost.

I see a lot of typical looking cars. not very many REAL cars out there. I am NOT a fan of American Hot Rod or muscle cars. They are just not up to the quality of BMWs and other foreign cars. Well here is my beautiful 2006 BMW 745Li. This is a real car. I have owned it for just over 2 years so I am very happy with it. Enjoy this beauty

That shows you know very little about american cars. Ill pass on the BMW thanks.

Exactly. Just look up how many recalls there are on the Toyotas right now. Toyota. A vehicle that is supposed to be at the top of the list in reliability. They are leading the list with the most recalls this year. As a certified auto technician. I have seen my fair share of problems that high dollar european car have and they arent any better then any american luxury car. German cars have always had a problem with stupid little things going wrong, cheap dash switches and controls, electrical issues, leaks, etc, are the problems I have commonly seen.

Nice looking rides everyone, but I'm stick'n with my Jeep. I like to get off the pavement and into the boonies as much as possible. :D

RR002.png

Well, here is my nothing special ride, it's a 1998 Ford Expedition with 214.000 miles. It gets me from point A to point b and back......and even hauls trains too!!

And the Jeep looks like it gets used---like it is supposed to be:)

Where did you take that photo? The tunnel looks awful familiar--:)

I'm sure it does, LOL, this is Beaver Slide Rd at the washed out bridge where it meets the track. In the wet months, its where you have to turn around, but late summer/fall you can wheel across the river and up on to the other side of the bridge and get back on the road. Lets see, there is the "1925" Truss Bridge and a short tunnel to the west, this tunnel, one other and three short bridges to the east. There is a fourth bridge that is toast, looks like Godzilla had a temper tantrum and kicked it a few times. Its right before the line makes the grade up to the Wolf Creek Trestle and Tunnel. Its probably the most damaged section we have hiked so far. (BTW, Jeep just parked for a poser shot, we do not drive the tracks, in fact you would only make it about 100 yards in any direction no matter what you were driving.)
I have a few narrow gauge questions for the area for you if you don't mind, I'll pm you or start a new thread.

My 2006 HHR is silver & I have a hard time getting behind the wheel. The wife calls it, Her Hot Rod & she always has it. Now, on the other hand for a short ride to the store(about 2 miles) this is my ride.

What's that old saying? Oh yeah: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:p

Seems to me that your car looks more typical than any others shown here because no one can distinguidsh it from a Malibu from 100 feet - no disrespect intended to Malibu owners. :)

I bet you that we get more stares and thumbs up in our "typical looking cars" than you do. And I bet we have more "fun" driving ours than you do.

And my "typical looking car" will look the same as it does today in another 40 years from now. I wonder what your "beautiful 2006 BMW 745Li" will look like in 40 years?

It's ok to show your car because that's what this thread is for but there is no need to berate what other people like because we can all play that game.;)

What's that old saying? Oh yeah: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:p

Seems to me that your car looks more typical than any others shown here because no one can distinguidsh it from a Malibu from 100 feet.:(

I bet you that we get more stares and thumbs up in our "typical looking cars" than you do. And I bet we have more "fun" driving ours than you do.

And my "typical looking car" will look the same as it does today in another 40 years from now. I wonder what your "beautiful 2006 BMW 745Li" will look like in 40 years?

It's ok to show your car because that's what this thread is for but there is no need to berate what other people like because we can all play that game.;)

7 series are the ugliest bmw's ever. Plus why does spending so much on a bmw make it a real car over the $8000 i spent on my used truck?

Back