Show us your special rides

Blacksheep Judging from the looks of things I suspect it was a lumber company RR---but whose??:confused:. The further one goes into the area one finds all manner of stuff---it was a pretty active RR at one time

thats a great import car to mod for Big"cheep" HP. I have 2 friends that had the 91' Eclips with your engine. Both all wheel drive and same mods. transfer case was the biggest issues after 400-450HP whp. but it was strong and over built for its time. i will never forget the smile on my face after I did my first awd burnout. I just sold my 91 toyota Mr2 turbo. I loved that car but it was getting to be a pita to maintain.

Trent, yeah an import built in Illinois. Half Chrysler half Mitsubishi (Diamond Star Motors) My son's isn't AWD, thanks God it looks like a snake pit already! He's aiming for 350Hp.

my 2008 Subar Legacy GT
Roadtrip200760.jpg

Wife has the same car but a 2009. I was pushing so hard for the turbo since I gave back my jetter 1.8T. But because she hated the hood scoop she wanted the regular boxer engine. Man is that thing a dog off the line. Now she regrets not listening to me.......as always, I was right. LOL.

Those are sweet rides guys. Love the 'stangs and the Zs but, ahhh.... aren't there any more Mopars out there?????:confused:

I feel so ALONE!:D:D:D

Another Mopar you say? Your wish is my command! :D My special ride:

Mine.jpg

2006 Chrysler Crossfire, Had it about three months. Very quick and fun to drive.

I can't believe all the "Mustang lovers" around here. So many aliases with "mustang" or "stang" around.

So I thought that it would be cool to see members special rides - not every day drivers.

To start things off, here is a "real" muscle car. :D:D:D

A numbers matching 1969 Plymouth GTX with 440 engine. As the ads used to say back in the day: GTX - That's short for "Adios!".

Mine is a 68 RS Camaro. The car is 331 ci, with camel hump milled heads, tricked 3 speed turbo. This takes most of my summer time leaving only fall and winter for model railroading.

IMG_0005-2.jpg

I've seen a couple other ones on here...but I'll add mine. I like getting out in the woods every now and again too....
favoritejeeppic-1.jpg

And then the other ride, a harness and a rope!
DSCN0491.jpg

thought I'd show you something most of you have never seen

Its a 2002 Rover 45

P8060095.jpg

P4130100.jpg

P4130103.jpg

P8080125.jpg

and out side the UK H.Q. of an American company i buy far too much stuff from
P4130084.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, there have been some nice vehicles posted here. Aaron, I'd love to take your Jeep over the Rubicon Trail. Did you have someone on belay while you were on the rope?

Jack, I never knew Rover even made a sedan. I wonder why they didn't get imported to the US? It's a nice looking car.

Yeh Rover started out making normal cars in the 1890s and only started making 4x4s in 1948
they were then nationalised in the 60s and in 94 they were sold to BMW who later sold Land-Rover to Ford
Rover then became independant 2000 after being asset stripped by BMW and than went bust in 2005.

i think some Rover sedans were imported:
P4s in the 50s
P6s in the 60s and 70s

and in the 80s some Rover 800s were imported as Sterlings.

Im liking the vehicles on this thread!

i enjoy off roading but im more of an LR fan as they are local to me
Im enjoying seeing the mods going on over in the states the look is quite different from modded trucks we get here in the UK.

and also loving the American Muscle, always wanted a 1970 Dodge charger for when I finish uni, but to be honest they are a bloody nightmare over here: too big, not great round corners and far to heavy on fuel (bearing in mind Gas is about $7 a gallon here)

so i will have to make do with the closest thing designed for the UK
Ford_Capri_01.jpg

Ford Capri
or
Rover-P6B-Front.jpg

Rover P6 b

Boy, there have been some nice vehicles posted here. Aaron, I'd love to take your Jeep over the Rubicon Trail. Did you have someone on belay while you were on the rope?

Jack, I never knew Rover even made a sedan. I wonder why they didn't get imported to the US? It's a nice looking car.

I dont use a bottom belay when repelling, but always when climbing. Unless Im bouldering, I NEVER free solo.

Ah, yes, Jack, I rememebr the Sterling now. I didn't realize they were made by Rover.

Aaron, having been in search and rescue for 25 years, I always get nervous when I see people rappelling without a belay. Looks like you had good footing and landings on that cliff, so not being on belay seems safe, but I've spent way too many hours recovering bodies of climbers who thought they didn't need a belay. :(

Back