Show us your special rides

cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
I can't believe all the "Mustang lovers" around here. So many aliases with "mustang" or "stang" around.

So I thought that it would be cool to see members special rides - not every day drivers.

To start things off, here is a "real" muscle car. :D:D:D

A numbers matching 1969 Plymouth GTX with 440 engine. As the ads used to say back in the day: GTX - That's short for "Adios!".

Last edited by a moderator:
TACobra-2.jpg

TACobra-3.jpg

:cool:

That's a nice looking ride, but this is a Model railroad forum & not a car or hotrod forum.
Sorry to be a an old fart, but I put a pc. of my metal art on here a few years ago I was shot down.
I don't know what the other people are going to say about cars on the forum, maybe a few police cars, but, that's all.

Well this is General Discussions section :confused:

What the heck, some pictures of people's cars are not suddenly going to overload the forum. I don't think picktures of metal sculprute is so bad either. As long as we know what the the thread's about, we can read it or bypass it. I think it's an interesting topic. This used to be my ride. Now I just have a boring Suzuki Grand Vitara, although the Mazda Miata is still pretty good. :)

banner_media_Lian.jpg

My recently departed Frankenstang. Was the weekend warrior untill my truck died, then if took over daily driver duties as well as weekend dragstrip duty

HPIM0716.jpg

Didn't mean to rock the boat. I saw a few other "off topic" postings and thought it would be nice to see some "special rides".

I'm a member of a lot of car forums and we often post "off topic" postings for "variety". One of the ones that pops up often is "other hobbies" :D

parade Buggy

1973 AMF riding lawnmower/miniature truck. 10hp tecumseh w/10 speed variable drive. Built in 2003. Used only in parades. Designed by me.

With a 50+ RT daily, mileage is important. But I still want it to look good. At least once a week some kid thinks I would want to race him......(it isn't an Si)

So here's one on day 1 as delivered and another with some p'shop tweaks. 3.5 years and 62k miles later, my overall average is 30mpg.

75# Bulldozer

Heli-arc welded w/silicon bronze wire. Not to scale. Took 5 days to make.:D

Nice cars guys!
Larry, I'm loving that tractor... maybe inspiration for your critter?
I'm going to cheat on this one, it's the "wifes" truck! :eek:
It's a 1962 IH with all rebuilt original parts.

Rico, I'm lovin that truck!!
Now this is my toy, just the wife's to ride in (in fact, she's in it if ya look close!)
88 Ranger 4x4, with only 80k on the clock! It's the only trailer pullin truck at our clubs shows that sports historic tags!;)
(See, it's train related, it pulls the trailer with the trains in it!:rolleyes:)
Ranger.jpg

This was a 2 year project for the man that invented Kitty Litter. It now is in Cassopolis, Mich. at Big Rock valley.
14 Stations of the Cross. All made life size out of steel & welded w/a mig & a tig welder. 13 crosses & over 35 statues.

Well here's one of my four, a 37 Chevy. No clear coat paint. No computerized engine controls. No air conditioning. No automatic tranny. Just something I built myself and drive it an average of 6000 miles a year. My everyday car is a 68 Ford Custom 500 2 dr sedan.

picture.php

Full house 250+ Chevy 6 backed with a Muncie 4 speed and 57 Chevy rear end.
picture.php

To keep this train related I'll add that I have the Sylvan Models hump back sedan which is this car and I am building it to match the full sized one of course.

Back