Show us your special rides

SD530620.jpg

Here's a photo of my Suburban, and the trailer we pulled with it. The Burb got totaled last Summer, a long story:

Outback normally I don't play in the mud and haven't after that photo.

Funny you should mention that. That shot of me up to my door hinges in mud was pretty much the last time I did that also. That was a few years ago and I have learned to avoid the stuff now unless it is a necessary evil on the trail with no choice but pass through it. I won't go looking for mud holes just to play in it anymore. But I will watch the young guys have at 'er only to get stuck and need my winch.

Likewise I avoid snow after the first couple of snowfalls and until spring thaw as it puts too much stress on the vehicle just trying to keep up momentum in the stuff. My Jeep is double duty as DD and toy so I really don't want to bag on it too much. It cost me too much money to treat it that way. Besides, I'm more of an old school Jeeper where it is more about skill and finesse than skinny peddle and muscle.

*Jeep wave*

Some great rides out there. Last year I had enough with the Camaro and put it up on the market after owning it for 17 years as my daily driver (in the non-winter months) This is what we replaced it with:
pics001.png

Pretty much stock except for the tow package. Three weeks after I bought it I found the mountain bike rack at a flea market for 10 bucks. Works great and slides right into the hitch receiver.

This seems to be a very "American Muscle" heavy thread, so here's my American Muscle. Notice it still has the dealer tag on it - this was the day after we bought it. No garage queen here!

DSC_3781.JPG

But the vehicle we actually use more frequently for what it's designed for? That'd be the little blue car. It goes fast around corners :D

DSC_1880.JPG

Special Rides

Our 1980 Corvette with 14000 miles. We purchased it in 1997 and it had 6500 on it then. Just for summer rides in the evenings here in snowy northern Ohio.
Thanks
Wayne

OK, Here's My 2001 Government Motors Bow Tie 2500HD. 150K+ miles on it and has never seen the inside of a garage! Pretty much stock with the exception of the Pro comp 7005 wheels and 305 tires. It's not much but it's payed off and it's mine alllllllll mine!:D
Hey! If you blow up these pictures, you can see Chris' phone number. Let's all call him!:D

Hey! If you blow up these pictures, you can see Chris' phone number. Let's all call him!:D

Ahhh! but lets wait til 3 a.m. to do it, and start asking for his ex-wife! :eek:
I'm sure if we search some old threads, we can find her name!!!:eek::rolleyes:

Yah, it was a real bummer when VW decided not to import the Scirroco.

Big time bummer.

We don't see Hondas, Toyotas, and Smart Cars like this here. The Honda is pretty sweet.

To me, those imports designed for the Euro market seem more sexy than the ones destined for our shores.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2000 Nissan. Also have a 2009 Tacoma TRD O/R(The Wife drives that one) and a 92 Jeep(my daily driver). All my rides have one thing in common, BFG AT/KO

2008_0210BeachMoonstone0013.jpg

On my ranch
IMG_0763.jpg

on the Mini rubicon at the beach by my house

2008_0210BeachMoonstone0009-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a 1959 Triumph 10 Estate Wagon. My dad, my uncle, and I pulled it out of a field four years ago, and we've been working on it on and off since. It has a 943cc four banger that's supposed to get almost 50 mpg. We'll see when we get it on the road. :) That's if I can fit in it to drive it... I'm over six foot and its roof is about level with my elbows.

UpOnJacks.png

brightandshinyengine.png

P1010026.png

Still needs a little work. :D

My daily driver is a 95 Nissan Pathfinder. It's a good truck but it's not exactly photogenic. :rolleyes:

Back