Running Bear's September 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on 51 years! Terry and I will be 47 on 9/18. I never smoked but mom/dad and Terry all did. Terry quit the day I retired in 9/2014 and the last couple years it has finally caught up to her. COPD! Not fun
I will echo those comments, TomO.

ION -
Yesterday marked the 1st anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's death!
Also the founding of the oldest city in America - St. Augustine, FL

Good morning, all! A rather pleasant morning, 80, with a northeasterly wind. We received half an inch of rain overnight.

Willie - Congratulations on your 51st anniversary. It is amazing how much wives will put up with.
9/17 will be our 57th.

Moer - Hang in there, quitting hard. I quit 27 years ago. What Todd said about changing things works. Changing routines worked for me.

Trains - nothing the last few days. I have a couple more signal lights to install, but not in any hurry.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Willie: Congrats on 51 years.

As far as the flooring goes, I wish she would go shopping with me, but probably wouldn't help. Unless she sees it in person, in her house, she won't know if she likes it. Even then, she'll spend the next year wondering if she picked right, and after another year decide she doesn't like it. We are going to do the whole upper level as it all needs replaced after nearly 25 years. Builders grade flooring can only last so long. We're the 5th owners of the house, and so far the longest owners at 10 years. It isn't a terrible place, but needs work.

Afternoon All,

I slept like a log all night. Started out the day with animal chores then have pretty much done nothing all day. Today is my 67th birthday and my son made me a blackberry cobbler last night when he got home from work. It is yummy. :) It's my favorite dessert. MOH told me she won't be back until Tuesday. Daughter is taking me out to supper tonight.

Joe- I'm envious of the 69F temp.

Mikey- That's a good idea.

Willie- Nice scenes. Congrats on 51st anniversary. We're at 45 years. I say a successful marriage is when you find someone that can put up with all your BS and you can put up with all her BS and still want to be together.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I decided to tile under the new cabinet installation project because of some water damage to the underlying plywood subfloor. I replace some of the plywood and used Schluter's Ditra as a tile uncoupling membrane. Keeps the tile from cracking if there's any subfloor movement. I will not be able to work on any model railroad projects until the kitchen gets done.
Swal

Schluter_Ditra.jpg

Last edited:
Good afternoon gang!

I woke up today at 5 a.m. an felt the beginning of a migraine. Ate breakfast, took some meds and thought best to lay down for a bit. Woke back up a 3:30. I guess my body needed it!

Willie, congrats to you and Arlene on 51 years!!!

Thundering outside, chicken little border collie is laying on the floor at my feet. Funny, scared of thunder, but will go after the Rottweiler across the street in a flash. (and kick his butt)

BBL

Willie- Nice scenes. Congrats on 51st anniversary. We're at 45 years. I say a successful marriage is when you find someone that can put up with all your BS and you can put up with all her BS and still want to be together.
Curt- I just have one word for your observation, AMEN!
It certainly is the case with my wife and me.
The recruiting meeting was a bust, no one was interested enough to meet with us.
I did manage to get my building judged and exceeded the 87.5 points I needed to get a NMRA certificate.
Now, I need to select my next project.

Welp howdy there internet peeps...

Got the new 3d printer today. For those who need to know, it's a Mars 4 Ultra, with wifi connection. I'm currently running calibration cones on it.

Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 7.50.18 PM.png

Also I've finished up almost all of my army for the tournament in Oct. Just need to put magnet sheets on the bottom of the latest units, and finish painting the santa hat for Jack (not pictured). Oh, and finish the basing for Oogie Boogie (also not pictured.)
Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 7.07.36 PM.png

So, since I (almost) finished that project, I started a new one.

A box of "whoop axe" AKA, orcs with big axes.

Screen Shot 2023-09-09 at 7.10.42 PM.png

I assembled those while I waited for the first two test runs to print on the new Mars. Third one might be the charm. Trying to dial in the exposure time.

Good evening.

Today, was "Old Timer's Day at Yankee Stadium. Milwaukee was unawed by the presence of all the past Yankee glory, and beat Gotham's butt 9 - 2. Gotham Manager Aaron Boone received substantial boos! Life ain't easy being a losing manager of the Yankees. Mets also lost. Many rain delays along the East Coast due to line of storms that are predicted to last through next Tuesday. Baltimore had a substantial lead in Boston, that has somewhat vaporized in the Boston 7th... Now, 12-8... Numerous errors on both teams...

My interest in the Yankees goes back to July 1961, when I attended a twilight double header at Yankee Stadium. 1961 was the greatest Yankee team ever, in my opinion. I can pretty well remember most of the team from memory. Whitey Ford still participates in the Old Timer's game, although most of those on that team have passed or cannot participate any longer. Billy Martin's wife still appears. Derek Jeter now occupies the "last man announced" position held for years by Joe DiMaggio.

Today, was not my best day, I went to bed early last night, slept fairly well, and got up at my usual time. Yet I was not my self all day. So I napped the afternoon away. Now it's past bed time, and I'm still not tired....

Final: Baltimore 13 - Boston 12...A real tight defensive battle. Phillies 8 - Miami 4; Dodgers @ DC 5-5 in the 10th.
NCAA: Villanova 42 - Colgate 19. Texas rolled the Tide 34 -24.

My interest in the Yankees goes back to July 1961, when I attended a twilight double header at Yankee Stadium. 1961 was the greatest Yankee team ever, in my opinion. I can pretty well remember most of the team from memory. Whitey Ford still participates in the Old Timer's game, although most of those on that team have passed or cannot participate any longer. Billy Martin's wife still appears. Derek Jeter now occupies the "last man announced" position held for years by Joe DiMaggio.
I enjoyed reading that, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back