Running Bear's September 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear an explanation of why gas on one side of town is $0.35 lower than the other. Fuel all comes from the same refinery, so transportation cost is roughly the same, and only 3 miles difference between the stations. Same company as they're not a franchise. I know why ask why.

Grandkids got off ok. Oldest lost one set and won the other in volleyball. Working on laundry now.

Bbl

Some areas are as much as $0.80 higher than others here.
Here there are two BPs owned by the same people, and they are 2 miles from each other. They are 0.30 difference. I guess its because one is off the interstate and the other is in town maybe?

It's a local owner, and town residents give him a hard time about it, but he probably doesn't really care much though!
I'd like to hear an explanation of why gas on one side of town is $0.35 lower than the other. Fuel all comes from the same refinery, so transportation cost is roughly the same, and only 3 miles difference between the stations. Same company as they're not a franchise. I know why ask why.

Here there are two BPs owned by the same people, and they are 2 miles from each other. They are 0.30 difference. I guess its because one is off the interstate and the other is in town maybe?

It's a local owner, and town residents give him a hard time about it, but he probably doesn't really care much though!
He probably does care, but it's likely their is little he can do, you have to remember that such things like Utilities, rental cost's, local taxes etc. will be slightly different for each location, (in town versus out of town), which explains the differing cost as all these have to be covered by the franchisee. If BP covered all those costs then prices at the either gas station would be the same.

It is dependent on when and at what price they received the wholesale gasoline. In Texas at least, they are restricted by law at how much over wholesale they can charge.

Afternoon folks -- Turned off rather cool for this neck of the woods ...
61 f degrees and yesterday's forecast of clear and sunny morphed into a solid overcast along with a sudden rain shower which just happened a few minutes ago- only lasted about 10 minutes.

Kinda wondering how the folks are fairing over the hill in Palm Springs? I have seen it raining cats and dogs here while PSP is clear and sunny.

I see that Murphy has not left Terry's side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back