Running Bear's September 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

Came in at 4:45 this morning to play catchup and ran out of time before heading to the office. Then it's been crazy here as I'm out tomorrow and working Saturday doing server updates.

That said, sunny and 57° this morning going for a high of 82°.

Sister let us know my nephew and family are fine in Fl, just a couple palm branches in the yard and the privacy fence is still up around their place, although many in the neighborhood are down. Power out, but otherwise ok.

BBL as I have a server to build...

FWIW, National Hurricane Center latest projection for TS Ian...unlike the Weather Channel, no hype or exaggeration.

092922 TS IAN _5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Path is heading right for Kentucky...West VA.

Another Good Morning post here. Red flag is still flying on the beach, although the waves have settled down a bit. Not like Sun/Mon when they were almost flat. I went for a regular walk on pavement since earlier and worked out some of the lingering pain from the beach walk yesterday.

Mike -
Just a question is Sherrel coming back ? I saw most of the posts that got deleted and really not seeing a reason for him to be awol
No one really knows. He has done this before only to return a few weeks later. While I have his cell #, I am waiting for things to settle down.
Chet - Another story about the haters comes from my wife who was working at H&R Block at the time the tax reduction act was passed. So many people believed the liberal media that only the rich benefitted, that Block had a special program, installed on their server, that compared year to year taxes paid. Most people were surprised that they paid far less in taxes afterward if nothing else changed. I attribute it to direct deposit. Most folks never look at the amount of the deposit, they just look at the balance and completely missed the raise.
Snowman - No apologies needed. Even though I joked about the decaf, i generally always agree with your posts, and even if I didn't, they wouldn't bother me.
Keep 'em coming.
Tom O - Have a safe trip and Happy Birthday.
Guy - Quite a scare.
Todd - Y'all have a very safe final trip.
How about a look into the kitchen of our condo.
IMG_1951[1].JPG

Notice anything unusual? There's no drawers!
IMG_1952[1].JPG

IMG_1953[1].JPG

Now a few more from the Foley Railroad Museum layout.
IMG_1977[1].JPG
IMG_1979[1].JPG

IMG_1984[1].JPG

IMG_1987[1].JPG

IMG_1990[1].JPG

IMG_1992[1].JPG

IMG_1993[1].JPG

More later.

Good morning. In a bit earlier today. Got a text message from my bank about a charge that I didn't make. Had to cancel the old card and get a new one going. Unfortunately, it isn't the local bank a few blocks away. Its headquarters are in Miles City, MT, almost 500 miles away.

Willie - That looks like a one butt kitchen in the condo. Really enjoyed the photo from the Foley Railroad museum, Looks like a pretty large layout. Frigid 58 degrees???? That's shorts weather up here. Took my girls out for a walk in shorts and a T shirt at 55 degrees this morning.

Dave - Thanks for the comment about the backdrop. I did the best I could using a printed backdrop and trying to work it in with the hard shell scenery.

Joe - Really like that photo of the E unit. The ferry photo brings back some memories when we were visiting relatives that were farming in upstate New York and we too a trip to the BIG CITY. Visited a lot of local touriat places and had a ride on a ferry. Being more or less stuck at home, I have been watching a lot of train videos. Like the Pennsy, British rail and some of the narrow gauge in India,

Terry - Good lick with the 3D printer. I came very close to getting one but then life had many changes for me and I didn't NEED it.

Dave in Penn Valley - That looks like the mother of all excavators. Wouldn't mind taking a spin in that baby.

McLeod - Really like the photo of the yard. Sweet.

Texted a few times back and forth with the ex yesterday. She lost power around 8 AM and it wad downhill from there. The place she is staying in does have hurricane shutters. Sent her the radar photo a little after 4 yesterday afternoon. She was right in the area where the storm came ashore. Got a text this morning saying that the place looked like a war zone. Asked her if she missed Montana. Haven't hard a word from her.

2015z.gif

Here are a few more archive photos. Will try to post a few where the hard shell scenery works into the backdrop.

thumbnail_20190113_122258.jpg
thumbnail_20190113_124037.jpg
thumbnail_20190113_124127.jpg
thumbnail_20181227_143016.jpg
thumbnail_20200412_103441.jpg
thumbnail_20201010_130544.jpg
thumbnail_20200919_121247.jpg
thumbnail_20201107_121636.jpg
thumbnail_20210313_133032.jpg

Later

Trump: Many of those who hate him, do so because they are afraid of losing their friends who also hate him. These folks can't understand why he has such a strong following either, and dismiss his supporters as deplorable, uneducated, unsophisticated souls. To me, the whole thing revolves around American's failure to communicate with one another, or understand one another.

Hatred of Hilary or Brandon, comes under the same category. Except substitute "Elitist" for "Deplorable".

All of these people we hear of on a daily basis, share the same character defects, they just manifest them in their own way...The followers tend to identify with one or another and vilify the opposition, depending on numerous circumstance, including the environment in which they live their lives...

Remember those who live in liberal land got big tax increases no matter where their support was directed. Those in Conservative land received nice tax breaks, regardless of their affiliation. So I'm pissed off, when like minded people are happy. Those of the alternative persuasion are not donating their tax breaks back to the government, but are intimidated from admitting they benefited.

Nothing political about this at all...just a manifestation of human nature in reaction to cause and effect.

Terry I know the feeling I am still an admin/mod on a site with over 700,000 members We finally just deleted the forum part got real tired of deleting 20 to 50 posts a day gave them warnings to no avail even deleted members sometimes 10 at a time was a circus

Just a question is Sherrel coming back ? I saw most of the posts that got deleted and really not seeing a reason for him to be awol

Just my 2 cents Mike
I miss spoke on the members number that was from 2012 I just logged on to the site and holy mollie it's up to 1,985,000 members I'm really kinda glad no more forum on there to deal with
and just in case this number seems kinda far fetched

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Good morning, all! A nice northerly breeze and temp of 70. It really felt nice walking the dog. Humidity around 40%.
I've been monitoring the news for Ian, as we have friends and family in Florida. Fortunately, none in the Fort Meyers area. Those folks are going to help. I guess our living on the Gulf Coast, gives us a vested interest.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Well gang I took a long 2 hour lunch. When I was at the office I decided that I needed to go see my local LHS near where I work. Just 2 miles down the road. I have not been there since early summer/late spring. I am glad I did go! JP has decided to retire and is going out of business. He has a buyer for his building/property. They were not interested in the hobby shop sooooo. JP is running a huge burn sale at 50% off on everything. Holy man did I lose my mind! Mind you JP has predominantly D&H stuff and northeast railroads but I did find a bunch of cars/rolling stock I wanted. No locomotives though that interested me. I also bought 8 building structures by Cornerstone at half off.... unreal! I bought a ton of details, parts, some track, figures, ballast, loads by Chooch and other stuff!

My tally with 3 big boxes full......$993.76 -50% plus tax 39.75 equaling $536.63.

Yup that was a big haul! I will share on the RPO on my loot! Unbelievable amount of stuff! I got lucky with out a doubt!

20220929_140244.jpg

Last edited:
Well gang I took a long 2 hour lunch. When I was at the office I decided that I needed to go see my local LHS near where I work. Just 2 mile down the road. I have not been there since early summer/late spring. I am glad I did go! JP has decided to retire and is going out of business. He has a buyer for his building/property. They were not interested in the hobby shop sooooo. JP is running a huge burn sale at 50% off on everything. Holy man did I lose my mind! Mind you JP has predominantly D&H stuff and northeast railroads but I did find a bunch of cars/rolling stock I wanted. No locomotives though that interested me. I also bought 8 building structures by Cornerstone at half off.... unreal! I bought a ton of details, parts, some track, figures, ballast, loads by Chooch and other stuff!

My tally with 3 big boxes full......$993.76 -50% plus tax 39.75 equaling $536.63.

Yup that was a big haul! I will share on the RPO on my loot! Unbelievable amount of stuff! I got lucky with out a doubt!

View attachment 152536

View attachment 152536
All I can say is wow, goes to prove timing is everything!!!!!!!

All I can say is wow, goes to prove timing is everything!!!!!!!
Dave you are not kidding! Rarely do I stumble into fortunate case scenarios like this but I am happy. Good therapy which was much needed with all that has happened in my life of recent events. I will be going back tomorrow as I want to get what is left of the Evergreen Construction and styrene stuff (especially I beams and the likes) and other scratch build parts etc. Even some paints as well. I just didn't have the time to stay longer. I had to get back to work. They close at 5 pm so I will have to wait until tomorrow. I am so glad I was able to get those expensive building structures for a great price. I may get a few more too. I will drop another large coin again I am sure......cha-ching!

Funny I have a bunch of my orders coming in today from the snail mail too.

Have a good afternoon.

Well gang I took a long 2 hour lunch. When I was at the office I decided that I needed to go see my local LHS near where I work. Just 2 miles down the road. I have not been there since early summer/late spring. I am glad I did go! JP has decided to retire and is going out of business. He has a buyer for his building/property. They were not interested in the hobby shop sooooo. JP is running a huge burn sale at 50% off on everything. Holy man did I lose my mind! Mind you JP has predominantly D&H stuff and northeast railroads but I did find a bunch of cars/rolling stock I wanted. No locomotives though that interested me. I also bought 8 building structures by Cornerstone at half off.... unreal! I bought a ton of details, parts, some track, figures, ballast, loads by Chooch and other stuff!

View attachment 152536
I see NY made $40.00 on the deal.
George

When I was at the office I decided that I needed to go see my local LHS near where I work. Just 2 miles down the road. JP is running a huge burn sale at 50% off on everything.
I always get carried away at those sorts of events. One year at the Caboose Hobbies annual clearance sale, I left with four shopping carts full and a bill of over $2000. Have to admit one of the carts was G-gauge stainless steel track so not as much stuff as one would normally think in a shopping cart.

Last edited:
Is that like being a pessimist? Ready for anything Murphys law sends your way?
Not at all, lol

I am just naturally skeptical, and like to draw my own conclusions. If someone tells me something to be true, i feel the need to independently validate it.

I had a guy in marketing tell me once that you should never let facts get in the way of good story. So now I just assume everything I see on the tv or hear on the radio is "slanted" to embellish the story.

Long gone are the days of the media reporting facts and letting people draw their own conclusion.

The world needs critical thinkers to keep the snake oil salesmen in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back