Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 61F followed by inside chores all morning leaving me with no desire to do anything. Based on this, I watched "The Train" for the first time. It was OK, but I'm not a big Burt Lancaster fan. I hope to work on the joiner plates (build) tomorrow. I'm making them out of sheet styrene.

Tom- Actually, I think they look pretty darn good to my eye.

Karl- I'm glad that Layla did well with the surgery.

Bill- Neat photo.

Sherrel- I wish you the best with the spot.

TomO- Good luck with the layout testing and enjoy building your layout.

David- I've seen pictures like that before and it's definitely not for me.

I hope everyone has a good night.

David, James, and Curt thanks. My next project is finding a place that sells Plastruct to build some holders for coils.
IMG_6275.jpg
IMG_6175.jpg
IMG_6176.jpg

Well, here we go again.
This time, a person or persons unknown met the UPS driver, told them they were me, and took a package addressed to me. Weā€™ll see what UPS says.
Well--After an email, followed up by a phone call, I was told UPS would "look into it".
When I got home this evening, my package was sitting on the steps, and there was an email letting me know it was there.

That information was not disclosed to me. I wonder if it was as stated to me, or something shady by a UPS employee.

Had the package been opened or tampered with? It could be that the UPS guy was at the wrong door and the guy who received it wasn't paying attention to what the UPS guy said or what was on the label and it wasn't until later saw it wasn't for him. Happened to me once. UPS said it was delivered and handed to recipient. I called UPS about it being misdelivered and by the end of the day it was back to me. UPS went back and retrieved it and got it to me.

That information was not disclosed to me. I wonder if it was as stated to me, or something shady by a UPS employee.
Is it possible the driver simply delivered it to the wrong address and had to go back to get it ? or scanned it and then forgot it and it was left in the van, and the employee simply thought of the first excuse they could.

But it's their, in you hands so......

I lost out on the CN hopper that Royal Mail "delivered" and ended up losing what I paid for it, and had to pay out for a second one.

The package had not been opened, and it is very likely it was delivered to the wrong person. Whether that person put it on my doorstep, or UPS came back and fixed the problem, the end result is I have the package. I probably shouldn't try to stir up any more trouble.

I wish you the best with the spot.
Thanks, CURT ... I wasn't thinking much about it until I read the writeup / referral on the website this afternoon; it said MASS even though the vascular surgeon called it a spot?
Now, I'm just a tad more concerned!

TOM .. thought that those were bundles of rail? I thought, MAN, that guy is going to handlay a bundle of track! Sometimes my elevator does not go all the wahy to the top!

As long as the elevator is working!

Evening to all. Testing day has been completed and I definitely have a working layout.

It was an early dinner at 5 for the 8 guys that showed up plus the Chef on the Grill SIL. He did a good job with hamburgers, chicken breasts and steak fries. 12 hamburgers and 6 breasts were consumed. Well worth it to me for all the efforts they have put in the layout. Ran over 30 trains today with 6 going at a time across the layout was fun. There were a few issues but when we tried to repeat them we couldnā€™t. We had a rail cleaning after the first hour of running and dirty rails might have been the cause of those mysterious disappearing issues.

It is raining like a Son of a gun and the SIL had just finished grilling the food when the first downpour occurred. Terry had made 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies and there were only 8 left when I took everything upstairs. The testing of the wireless NCE pro system has concluded and it was taken home today. Overall I liked it and itā€™s 6 years old and is available to me at a great price including the 10 amp power supply. Tomorrow the TCS-CS105 command station will be installed but only until Tuesday evening next week. Itā€™s an Intergrated DCC-LCC system that intrigues me especially now that I am going to signal the layout. The owner of the TCS unit will be here at 8 tomorrow with a couple of the guys to troubleshoot the install and test run the system. Basically itā€™s just add the wires to the control station.

The next available crew after tomorrow is in November. The build crews are working on a couple other layouts and 1 is ready for testing. Everyone agrees we have tested the layout enough to know there are no issues at this time with the track work. Itā€™s a matter of choosing a DCC system and just hooking it up at the control station. Everything else is set. We did get 1 additional power buss installed (for signals) but the holes are drilled for the second one. I will add the additional power buss by myself. I can sit in the rolling chair under the layout and just go.

Itā€™s been an interesting 8 weeks of going from a lone wolf layout builder to being part of 2 different build crews. I am thrilled beyond thrilled to have a 340ā€™ mainline operational and extensively tested. I have tested 2 DCC systems and will be testing a third tomorrow. Canā€™t really do that as a lone wolf! I know I donā€™t have enough locomotives at only 5. 83 pieces of rolling stock are also not enough. But to build up the fleet can be done at leisure. I can run trains and that is the main thing. After Tuesday my 2 layout dedicated days of Tuesday and Thursday will be for working on the second staging yard. A duplicate of the main staging it also will be 5 tracks and a go around.

I have the plans on graph paper for the ā€bigā€ paper mill. It will be awhile before I get working on that though. The island where the staging yard will be installed needs to be built. Between hockey and volleyball for Terry and me and the daughterā€™s youth hockey and soccer schedules I am not sure when I will tackle that project. The budget of course is already in massive disarray and I need to include 6 switch machines and a bunch of signaling equipment. Itā€™s now one step at a time and at a slower pace than the last 2 months have been

Thanks, CURT ... I wasn't thinking much about it until I read the writeup / referral on the website this afternoon; it said MASS even though the vascular surgeon called it a spot?
Now, I'm just a tad more concerned!

TOM .. thought that those were bundles of rail? I thought, MAN, that guy is going to handlay a bundle of track! Sometimes my elevator does not go all the wahy to the top!
Sherrel: Sorry to learn of your spot. Life isn't getting any easier buddy. Hope the MRI is more favorable and conclusive.

And on that note, I went for my annual eye exam a month ago (still waiting for my new glasses?), and the eye doctor nonchalantly told me my cataracts werenā€™t that much worse than last year.
My what?
When was somebody planning to tell me about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back