Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is everyone this morning ?
IDK, sleeping? :D
Good morning Smudge.......
Good morning every one!
Hi Flo....... a cup of deer camp please, French toast with a couple of over easy eggs on the side with sausage patties, thanx!
I'm remembering summer this morning, not too railroad related, (although BNSF tracks are in the distant background.) When morning temps were still moderate, there were four of these guys on the end of the shop building, this was the biggest one. I'll find their egg cases on the underside of the burn barrel cover....they are rock hard....
IMG_20220909_114809925_HDR.jpg

EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Willie: Not much with that drying. Never would know it was coming through, not even a wind shift.
Dry line is kind of a misnomer as moisture from the Gulf precedes it. The dry air from the High Plains collides with the Gulf moisture and causes rain, or thunderstorms if the dry air mass is moving fast enough. While it usually just occurs in Texas and Oklahoma, it can extend up into southern Kansas. It hasn't quite gotten here yet, but I can hear the thunder already. It will start raining by 6:00 CDT

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those still aslumber.

it's Troy again.

Not much to report. Been wording the words. the perp has finally come into view in my mind. It wasn't who I thought it was.

Wife says we're heading to Pizza King this evening.

I'll check back in later. Gotta go see what this suspect's alibi is shaping up to be.

Those praying Mantis bugs are some tough guys. You can find some videos on YouTube of them fighting and eating various other bugs.
Wonder what religion they are.
Still working on the grade crossing system. I would like to get that project wrapped up today. Just have three more emitter/sensor sets to install.
Next project will be the 340 ton flat car kit.

Morning all,

Little rain overnight, although not nearly enough. 48° and clear this morning with a high of 65° later.

Had the out of town daughter and youngest granddaughter stay the night. The older one was at her dad's house. They needed to sanitize the well, so without water they came to us for a couple of days. The older granddaughter is supposed to show up sometime later as they have no school today. SIL stayed at the house monitoring the well. Grandson asked why the needed to sanitize the well. I told him so that it wouldn't become a sick...I know bad dad joke.

Short day. Next week will be normal and the following week, 4 8-hour days with a 3 day weekend (Veteran's day). Then a full week and then another short week for Thanksgiving.

BBL as I can.

Good morning all,

Passed a deer obedient to the law this morning, the smart doe was walking on the shoulder facing traffic on the proper side of a busy road. I guess natural selection works!

Troy - Pizza King? I guess the name is about as silly as Pizza Ranch. I guess there are only so many names to use

Got a bunch of people out of storage, put this guy on the layout. A lot of the others need a paint touch-up

IMG_2779.JPG

more later, Dave LASM

They can be handled but on occasion, they can be nasty. Those barbs on their arms are used as weapons and they can strike at ya with them and draw blood.
They seem to realize pretty quickly if you're a threat, but yeah, I've ben impaled by my share of these intriguing creatures. When I was a kid, I would go out into the fiekds and bring back as many as I could to our garden.

Good morning.

I expect to be tied up for a few days, helping move the current family out of the house we bought, and moving my son's family in. It all starts right after I pick up the U-Haul van in about an hour.
You can bet that I'd rather be working on my layout this weekend. My back is going to take a beating lifting all that furniture.

Possibly won't be back in until next week, but I'll leave a few archived tank car photos on the table. Some might be interested in seeing them while having coffee.
Tank_UTLX 630459_08-29-2022 (1).JPG
Tank_UTLX 630459_08-29-2022 (2).JPG
Tank_UTLX 630459_08-29-2022 (3).JPG

Have a wonderful weekend. See ya soon.

Think I may need some retail therapy, looks like a place to go this weekend.

Hey Smudge - - - - how about lobbying BBC for something truly watchable: "The Great British Training Show."

You know, get a bunch of old farts (and fartesses) with pot/beer bellies and excellent modeling skills. Each week could be a new technical challenge:

"Good Morning Trainers. Today the judges have asked you to scratch build Fenchurch Street station using only toothpicks, scrap styrene, rusty old razor blades and a bit of fondant icing. You have three hours. Get set - - - TRAIN!"

[hushed golf announcer voice] Smudge has chosen a whimsical approach to the challenge and has named his creation: 'Camilla snubs Diana on the 5:10 express.' Jaz we see has already grabbed paints, cotton balls and Dr. Who figurines. Kathy, to be quite honest, looks rather bored. Kathy?

Kathy M.:
And what, pray tell, shall I do with the other 2-1/2 hours?

Now that I could watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon!!

Good morning from chilly again So. Central Wisconsin. 34f degrees with no wind chill heading into the high 40’s. Not a great night of sleep, up at 4 tossing and turning still at 5:30. I decided, screw this I’m getting up. Grabbed the IPadPro sat in the main room and promptly wake up at 7:58.

I have horse riding chores this morning. The final 3 get ridden today and neither the daughter or SIL can join me. So, next Thursday and Friday I will again ride 3 each unless I can get someone to join me.

I had planned to complete a bunch of little things in the train room yesterday, it didn’t happen. With a busier schedule today, it won’t happen again. Finally though I broke the online retail therapy drought. Purchased unnecessary but wanted WC covered hoppers from BobtheTrainguy plus some micro brushes at super prices and a few other things I can’t remember. Then over to HomeshopsLLC to buy another private name freelance covered hopper.

enjoy the day

Hughie:
Of course no one, except Eastern Europeans had ever heard of Lithuania or any other of the countries annexed into the Soviet Union in 1940. They were never mentioned. That's how I became a Polak by default . :):rolleyes:

Why any elementary student of Swedish history, such as myself, can name the Baltic States, you are too modest. ANd certainly are more in the world's eyes since the invasion of Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back