Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Chilly but nice clear and sunny, hopefully it will warm up as the day goes along. Weekend was bussy working on the L&NE decapod, that's on saturday as it was raining all day.
IMG_20240324_084645394.jpg
IMG_20240324_084732440_HDR.jpg

Pictures from sunday evening.
Started on a brake job on 2019 VW Golf Alltrack. Of course nothing like that goes according to the plan. This thing was holding the rear caliper carrier to the hub:
IMG_20240320_183659721_HDR.jpg

14mm 12 point, and of course dealer doesn't carry anymore special tools to purchase. Had to run over to my friends house to borrow special socket. Sunday sunny although chilly in the morning. Did all four disks and pads, so now i have to make appointment for inspection. Still at almost 80K miles on original pads and disks, not bad.

Swal - As a kid, my family lived just four houses away from the DAC Country Club in Dallas. Back in the 60's, it was not fenced in on two of the sides and on Mondays when they were closed, me and a buddy would walk around the back and search for golf balls in the woods and creek back there. We would then return another day and sell them to golfers while they were playing on the holes near where there was no fence. After two summers, the grounds crew supervisor chased us away because they were actually getting paid by another group who recovered balls on the courses, who paid for the rights to do so. We sold them for $2/dozen back then.
Titleist golf balls are now $50,00 a dozen you should go back there and see what you can find Willie. Trump's course near where I live is one of 3 golf courses he owns in NY. I'm wondering what the members are thinking? Will the state own the course now? What about the $25,000.00 I paid for my membership this year. Will I be getting that back if I don't like the new owners? Will all the American flags Trump has everywhere on the course be taking down. Will the state have migrate's working at the course now?
Swal

We unhooked our Amazon Echo. Too many strange solicitation calls, emails and targeted adds were starting to happen. These were things we only talked about in the house and none of us did web searches on any of this stuff. Homeowner insurance, vacations, specific home projects, things like that. We deemed it was silently listening and someone was collecting and more than likely selling that information to interested parties.

Its buried somewhere in a drawer now!
I think your totally right it is handy getting in bed and turn of the light or a colour or a percentage but necessary no
it is handy double checking math when cooking but a pen and old envelope and I’m good and often it miss hears you and gets it wrong
we have had Siri enter the conversation too many times to mention and swear at her and she is I won’t respond to that FOOD

we have solar
we have batteries
we have an ev car so noted
but if it all goes a bust we have woodburners homegrownfood and homegrown wood
and there are times frankly that Siri has been lucky not to be thrown against a wall and trampled on she might wish for a drawer

Titleist golf balls are now $50,00 a dozen you should go back there and see what you can find Willie. Trump's course near where I live is one of 3 golf courses he owns in NY. I'm wondering what the members are thinking? Will the state own the course now? What about the $25,000.00 I paid for my membership this year. Will I be getting that back if I don't like the new owners? Will all the American flags Trump has everywhere on the course be taking down. Will the state have migrate's working at the course now?
Swal
Did you say 25,000.0 for one years membership yowsers feel faint

Good morning all. The rain is back. Icy cold rain. Is Winter returning?

After a nightmare here trying to post, etc, being timed out and whatever, today seems much better.

Flo seems to have calmed down now the coffee machine is working. A large coffee and a Belgian Bun, Flo. Thanks. I'll sit in the corner and watch the world go by.

Dawn is having a physio session. It means I will have to be around to help a little.

Mondays means taking granddaughter to Brownies this evening.

I managed a train running session over the weekend.

Empty fish vans heading south to Dewsbury Market Place Station and beyond.

View attachment 184823
My past reply ground to a halt had to go elsewhere come back limp to a finisg

Swal
You paid 25 grand for a golf membership🤔🙊🙉🙈?

You paid 25 grand for a golf membership🤔🙊🙉🙈?
I'm not a member there. I play there once in a while with a golf friend who knows people that run the course for Trump. The course I belong to in the same town membership is $750.00 a year for walkers and $1,500 for riders. I pay the $1,500.00 If I'm paying $25,000.00 a year for a membership, I wouldn't want the state running the place. They can't run anything right.
Swal

Did they get the forum straightened out? Early this morning it was the worst it had been!

I just came on to browse and its lightning fast again and working as normal. Hopefully its permanently fixed and not just temporary!
Hard to say. It was horrible this morning earlier. It's been back and forth to me ever since. It took a full 28 seconds just for me to log off. A few minutes ago, it was lightning fast like it used to be.

Back again for a refill on the Joe, black please.

Just sitting around here with "slack jaw" - not much to say.

Now here's a tune that hits the spot for me today!

Hank Williams, Jr. and Attitude Adjustment:

Now I met an old friend
In the bar the other night
And he got a little drunk
And he wanted to fight
And he jumped up and challenged every man in the room
And just about the time he got the words out
An ol' boy jumped up and closed his mouth
And used his head for a mop
And his butt for a broom

It was an attitude adjustment
I guess it was his first time
An attitude adjustment
Now he understands just fine

He got bent out of shape
And he opened his mouth
And just one appointment
Straightened him right out

It was an adttitude adjustment
Oh, it'll work every time

Well, I've got this big ol' brother-in-law
And me and him just never did get along
Because he wants to make sure
I'm treating his sister right
He got drunk one night
And started beating me up
And I went and got a tire tool out of my truck
And laid him out as cold as a block of ice

And it will work every time
An attitude adjustment
I made him see the light
And he says, "I'm his kind of man"
And he comes around with his hat in his hand

I cured all his family pride

Now my girlfriend slapped me in the face
I said, "Darlin', that was you're first mistake"
Then she went wild and her eyes turned red
She started breaking everything and sceaming loud
And kickin' me and cussin' me out
And I gave her a little adjustment on the top of the head

Now she loves on me all the time

Just an attitude adjustment
She got a whole new frame of mind
She don't nag, and I don't beg
And we get along and like I said
"Just an attitude adjustment

Oh, everythings just fine, well, almost
She called the cops to take me in
And I said, "You're never gonna do it friend"
And they just smiled and said, "Oh, yes we will"
Now a stick to the head

Think I'll drop another coin in the juke . . .

Tom in Missouri

(P.S. Forum Gremlins are at work - this post took several attempts to get it right . . . patience prevailed!)

Last edited:
Good morning, all! A cloudy morning with an 80% chance of rain. Not a lot happening, so nothing to report. Did run some trains, just to sit and watch them.

Louis - Sorry to hear about Tucker. I amazes me how attached we become to them and they to us.
Phred - Welcome to the forum.

Another view of 4807 crossing the Deerfield River
1711383110949.jpeg

At the present time forum seems to be working normal

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good morning. Chilly but nice clear and sunny, hopefully it will warm up as the day goes along. Weekend was bussy working on the L&NE decapod, that's on saturday as it was raining all day.View attachment 184828View attachment 184829
Pictures from sunday evening.
Started on a brake job on 2019 VW Golf Alltrack. Of course nothing like that goes according to the plan. This thing was holding the rear caliper carrier to the hub:View attachment 184831
14mm 12 point, and of course dealer doesn't carry anymore special tools to purchase. Had to run over to my friends house to borrow special socket. Sunday sunny although chilly in the morning. Did all four disks and pads, so now i have to make appointment for inspection. Still at almost 80K miles on original pads and disks, not bad.
Now that you fixed the issue...
Get a bolt with a 14mm head. Get two nuts to fit the threads of the bolt. Jam the two nuts together as hard as you can tighten them. Put the head of the bolt into the bolt you're trying to remove. Use a 14mm wrench on the nuts to remove the bolt you are trying to remove.
IMG_6067.jpeg

Good morning, all! A cloudy morning with an 80% chance of rain. Not a lot happening, so nothing to report. Did run some trains, just to sit and watch them.

Louis - Sorry to hear about Tucker. I amazes me how attached we become to them and they to us.
Phred - Welcome to the forum.

Another view of 4807 crossing the Deerfield River
View attachment 184842

At the present time forum seems to be working normal

STAY SAFE
LATER
Reminds me of crossing the Colorado River in Texas, heading into Austin. Took that trip a bunch of times aboard Amtrak's Texas Eagle and always took advantage of foto-ops from my bedroom window looking down at the river.

Nice scene!

Tom in Missouri

Afternoon All,

Started out the day at 60F and currently 78F. Started out with inside chores including laundry this morning. After that in the train room I weathered the black top and put in the surrounding ground cover, then I washed the white metal detail parts (for tower) and dried them. After lunch I rattle can sprayed them with a base coat. Then I did several small outside chores. Now I'm done for the day.

Tomorrow, I have a major dental appointment at 1100 😭 so I doubt I will do anything in the train room.

Louis- I know you are heartbroken. You and your family have my sincere condolences on the loss of your family member Tucker.

Troy- I would think there's some kind of discount mail service for that.

Bill- Great photo.

David- Nice looking train.

Phred- Welcome.

TomO- Great photo of granddaughter.

Sherrel- That's a weird looking cloud.

Mike- That photo is awesome.

Mac- Nice steamer. What scale is it?

Jaz- Nice job on the trees.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back