Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
FLO - Goodmorning! Found out that there is no one around here six hours ago. If you would, how about a slab of the meat loaf from yesterday with a couple eggs up and a biscuit with gravy?
I think I can still afford a few eggs?

Blub-Blub! It started raining pretty good right after I made the post around 3am - and has not stopped except for slacking in and out of intensity.

Smudge - Kudos to your boss! Kind of story I like to hear about.

I liked Harry when he was off in the military and campaigning for veterans and all that. He was respectful and diligent, despite some partying tendencies. Then he fell for Ms Markle. Totally changed him from what I can tell, though I've not been more than a peripheral, if that, observer. (His military and philanthropic / veteran work was occasionally in the news).

He was certainly more charismatic than William and some thought William should step aside for Harry to become King. Then he got stupid.
He has ALWAYS played to the media, William didn’t, he was never OO ooo look ant me. and yes he was more likeable when he was in service and doing charity work.

Willie, I love this photo! I enjoy all, well almost all of your layout photos. I still have a thing against graffiti, I can't help it.
1679418422188.png

I'd enjoy sitting on that porch with a radio listening to a ball game.

Was, she now will be Queen. Charles was never going to step aside, he's waited a long time to be King, one reason obviously being Queen E, who held onto the throne long past when she could have passed it on for reasons we can only speculate on.
How long he will be King is anyone's guess, but doubtful he will reach his mother's age.
One of the reasons the Queen held on was because the media was always bashing Charles over his beliefs, he was always an eco warrior, and was laughed at repeatedly, people not laughing quite so much now,
I have not always agreed with him, I admit I always thought Diana. A Poser, he clearly loves Camilla, and I agree he never planned to step aside, and neither will William. plus they know their duty,
The media have hounded them over the years,especially when there has been no one else to pick on.
Neither have ever disrespected their heritage either, unlike Harry whom I have lost all respect for.

It's nice to know even your bosses can on occasion surprise the hell out of you, but in a nice way.

Last night my car overheated on the way home, managed to limp the remaining mile or so, luckily I always keep some oil, coolant and fuel in my car "just in case" so I made it.

Checked under the bonnet, couldn't see much as there was quite a bit of steam, so everytime I looked, my glasses just steamed up. 🙃
Phoned my boss, said, sorry, won't be into work, got a coolant leak on the car and I (obviously) need it fixed.

Thing is, we're very shorthanded, both our Directors plus our workshop manager and our two mechanics are out driving every morning and afternoon to cover our school runs.

Boss says if I can make it in, he'll take a look, if it's something minor they'll sort it out for me, if not they'll arrange a garage for me, and I can take the company car (Toyota Hilux 4X4) till it's fixed.

So that was earlier, just phoned one of the mechanics, just to find out what was wrong, and seems that the water pump has failed, major league time.o_O

Ok, so it'll obviously have to be lifted to a garage to be fixed.

Seems not, they've called in our part-time car/minibus mechanic, my car is presently up on one of our ramps, removing the old water pump, a new one has been ordered and will arrive by lunchtime(ish) and all things being equal, I'll drive it home tonight.

Ok, I'll have to pay for it, but I really don't care, when I phoned around this morning, most were in the 5-7 days range to get it fixed.

Happy Days 😊
Good people earn a little special treatment.

Afternoon All,

Started out with a walk at 49F and currently 62F. Spent several hours grocery shopping so I'm at 10,000 steps in already. My 2 signals came in today so I'll be experimenting with them tomorrow. One is a Pennsy dwarf and the other is a Pennsy pedestal signal. Years ago (last layout) I tried my hand at making my own pedestals from styrene. Honestly, they were clunky and a major PIA to build.

Joe- Darn it, I knew I forgot something! :D

This is Roxie (a rescue) our eldest skunk. She wanted up to lay on me. I got up to do stuff and 4 hours later she's still hogging my chair. Tough life.

View attachment 164817

I hope everyone has a good night.
Have you ever accidentally scared her into doing the skunk thing….lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back