Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie.....

I don't understand. That loco would look the best in the classic red and silver warbonnet scheme. IMHO. The Kodachome seems as silly as a "Hello Kitty" paint scheme.
Seems like something Lionel would do.

Afternoon All,

Started out today at 51F and currently 75F. Today in the train room I wired up the dwarf and pedestal signals. The dwarf signal although the correct HO scale it is small compared to the others already on the layout so after testing I placed it in a drawer as a spare if needed. The pedestal signal I really like and it's something a little bit different. I'm wiring them as PROCEED SLOW. I have the 1 mounted on the layout now and just ordered 4 more. I'm not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow.

Roxy thanks you for the photo likes yesterday.

Tony- If you buy a skunk from a breeder or pet store, they are de-scented (glands removed) before you purchase them. They have no smell after that, and their fur is hypo allergenic. All of ours (3) were bred in captivity. After they are de-scented, they can't be released in the wild since their defense mechanism is gone. As pets they typically live 8-10 years (1-2 wild).

Mike- Yes, all of ours have been de-scented. Surprisingly, they have both cat and dog traits and use a litter box. Like dogs and cats they all have their unique personalities.

Joe- I normally do between 6000-7000 steps a day. When I walk in the morning (2 miles every other day) it comes out to a little over 4000. When grocery shopping at multiple stores is when it really adds up.

Smudge- Sounds like you have a great boss.

Willie- Nice structures and details. At that age I'm surprised the mother wasn't right there.

Louis- Thank you.

20230321_103820 (2).jpg

20230321_115849 (1).jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Happy World Down Syndrome day to our sweet (most of the time) 11 year old granddaughter.
View attachment 164847
Just for you’al info!

Eating Rainbow Sherbet ice cream is serious business for Harper. No smiling for the camera while eating…
Tom O- Speaking of which, Hub City Ice Cream opens for the season next Saturday(April 1). After raising 13 kids(20 years apart, to the month, between my oldest & youngest aunts), my Grammy went back to school to get her teaching degree from Glassboro State(site of the 1967 summit between LBJ & Soviet Premier Alexei Kosygin, under Brezhnev). She taught Special Ed for 20+ years, at the school next to the farm to which my grandparents would move, after his mother(who had lifetime rights) moved to the local nursing facility. The farm was in my family from 1934 until the early 2000's, when my Grammy moved in with my youngest aunt. My uncle had an insurance agency that he ran from home, and thus was always home. It wasn't safe for her to live at the farm by herself, since she was in her 80's and both her vision and hearing were failing.

Tom O- Speaking of which, Hub City Ice Cream opens for the season next Saturday(April 1). After raising 13 kids(20 years apart, to the month, between my oldest & youngest aunts), my Grammy went back to school to get her teaching degree from Glassboro State(site of the 1967 summit between LBJ & Soviet Premier Alexei Kosygin, under Brezhnev). She taught Special Ed for 20+ years, at the school next to the farm to which my grandparents would move, after his mother(who had lifetime rights) moved to the local nursing facility. The farm was in my family from 1934 until the early 2000's, when my Grammy moved in with my youngest aunt. My uncle had an insurance agency that he ran from home, and thus was always home. It wasn't safe for her to live at the farm by herself, since she was in her 80's and both her vision and hearing were failing.
We would drive back from Knowlton to get ice cream there. Only 35 miles one way but much better than the place 8 miles away in Mosinee (Briq’s).

But, Beltz in Steven Point’s was the best. While only 19 miles away, and near the WC yards in Point. But the lines were crazy long and it was just easier to go to Marshfield.

I don't understand. That loco would look the best in the classic red and silver warbonnet scheme. IMHO. The Kodachome seems as silly as a "Hello Kitty" paint scheme.
Seems like something Lionel would do.
20 of the 40 F45's got the Kodachrome scheme and 7 of 8 FP45's got it. Numerous others got it as well, mostly GP30's, SD45's, SD45u's, C30-7's and SF30C's. All were marked as SF, with none receiving the actual SPSF. Over 300 in all. I don't know how many SP locos got it. There were even a few older GP7's and GP20's.

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with extra dinos on their layouts

It's Troy again.

I'm in the two-week window while the editor has my book. So I'm letting the little grey cells begin percolating ideas for the next one. That will be set in southern Ontario in Eerie Falls series. I feel that Bigfoot should be a suspect in this one, but not sure what the mystery is yet. Perhaps who killed the local band's vocalist? Bigfoot is the bass player? hmmmm.... not sure...

In other news, I get to try to unstick the bathtub drain block (one of the lever action ones. It's drifted down inside the drain, and has an obstruction keeping it from coming up and out.
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 7.33.07 AM.png

Based on a couple of youtube vids, seem like the best strategy is to pull the faceplate off, and squirt either hot vinegar, or CLR down the overflow stack. Let that break up the crud keeping the bras plug from coming up and out the overflow pipe. After that it's clean it up, add some plumbers lube and see if I can get it moving freely.

Hmmmm... Any better suggestions?

If I can get the stopper out of the overflow pipe, I'm debating on getting one of these:
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 7.30.41 AM.png

And just putting a blank face plate back on the overflow pipe. It's rare that we use the tub instead of the shower.

Morning all,

Clearing and 60° in Doo-Dah this morning, where it's expected to have a high of 80° after Saturday's low of 12°. Had a little rain overnight, but not enough to make puddles, just make the roads damp.

Been a busy weekend and week so far, but this is the first morning I've had nothing going on first thing. I now have 11 pages to catch up on. So I'll be back in a bit!

Good morning Crew from the land of Cheese. 39 now heading to high 50’s later. The 2 miles will be walked outside today instead of on the inferno machine that goes nowhere.

The plan was no train room activity per the better 1/2 of this marriage. But this morning as we celebrated a Wednesday morning I was told I could venture in there if I wish. The plans in place for today have changed. She and the Veterinarian are heading out today to see a few rescue horses a couple counties to the south of us. Thankfully it was a calm Winter for horse rescues so far this year. Actually last night is the 1st call they have gotten.

I really was on a roll in the train room at the weathering bench Monday and Tuesday. Check out the CONTINUOUS WEATHERING threads over in the weathering forum. I have a couple more non-graffiti projects to work on and then it’s onto the graffiti projects.

enjoy the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back