Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Here we are again learning our Geography Lesson for the day!
Mine's bigger - No it isn't, Mine is! ... LOL :eek: :D
Anyhoo, 40 degrees looking to be 59 with Partly Sunny!

Didn't use the "little balls" for my paints - I grabbed a handfull of small NUTS to drop in my bottles - same principal (I think).?
Cold looking photos there TODD - not my cup anymore, blood thinners have destroyed my getting warm nowdays. Even that 40 degrees above is now freezing to me!

E45E6145-FC67-4DD8-9B14-7BE69E146C8C.jpeg
4C5F137E-D393-4ADF-83D8-8DE24E0A5A3F.jpeg
6B294595-D178-4E3F-9AA6-3CB9B8101871.jpeg

Good morning from my house to yours! To the Geographers out there I always understood Russia to be a transcontinental country, meaning it resides in both Europe and Asia.

We fly today around 1. The son says the g/f will handle the flight to Scottsdale today and he will just be the co-pilot. He says she has many more hours then him on this type of plane. While his legal fight is not over with the airplane manufacturer it’s getting closer.

I will spend the morning finishing (maybe 1 hour) the sorting of stuff in the train room. Any client car is already marked “in case of“ happens as well as suggested pricing on my own finished cars. The daughter already has access to my Facebook and PayPal accounts. The non-weathered stuff and layout the LHS will handle. I have stuff for sale and if payment comes in the daughter will ship it.

enjoy the day
Take care and enjoy your sojourn to warmer climates.

Good morning. It's foggy and 68.
A little over a month ago, I traded in my car.
Monday, I got a letter from North Carolina demanding I pay a fine for not keeping insurance on the car I traded in, unless I could prove I sold or traded it, and then, I may still have to pay a fine. So, I went out to the car to get the envelope with my buyer's order and other paperwork, so I could mail a copy to them and prove I no longer owned the car.
Imagine my surprise when I opened said envelope, and the only thing in it was receipts for my down payment, and temporary registration. So I called the dealership, and they emailed me a copy of my paperwork so I could hopefully keep from having to pay for a dead horse.
Imagine my further surprise when I found out I'd subscribed to Lojack for 3 years, and had taken out a 3 year road hazard insurance policy on tires and wheels that I don't have. I guess I know now why the F&I guy didn't give me a copy in person. Other than the fact I now have a tracking device I don't want on my car, I paid $1300 for stuff I will not use. I sent an email to the dealer, and will be calling them when they open.

The "happy" feeling of having a newer, reliable vehicle is quickly morphing into something much darker.
I'm sure they glossed over it in the whirlwind of the finance office, but you should have left with a copy of everything. Nowadays they hand new customers a thumb drive with all the documents on it.

Tech tip. LoJack is easily removed since it is usually in the middle of the ALDL port harness. The factory harness plugs into it and it replaces the diagnostic port. I've removed several.

Caveat Emptor!

Russia territory located between its western borders with Norway, Finland, the Baltic countries, Belarus and Ukraine to the Ural Mountains is part of Europe, the rest is part of Asia
NOW YOU've doon it! Going to go downstairs and get the 1945/46 world globe that my mom bought.
I bet there is a bunch of those countries missing from it? I spent many hours with that globe - not knowing that someday I would be looking at many of those places - abit most from 30,000 feet!
What a ride!

I'm sure they glossed over it in the whirlwind of the finance office, but you should have left with a copy of everything. Nowadays they hand new customers a thumb drive with all the documents on it.

Tech tip. LoJack is easily removed since it is usually in the middle of the ALDL port harness. The factory harness plugs into it and it replaces the diagnostic port. I've removed several.

Caveat Emptor!
I've already located it, and disconnected it from the diagnostic plug. I'm going to wait until I talk to the stealership before completely removing it (we'd give you a refund, but you tampered with it)...

NOW YOU've doon it! Going to go downstairs and get the 1945/46 world globe that my mom bought.
I bet there is a bunch of those countries missing from it? I spent many hours with that globe - not knowing that someday I would be looking at many of those places - abit most from 30,000 feet!
What a ride!
Probably more now as the former USSR "states" are now independent countries.

Well, Here we are again learning our Geography Lesson for the day!
Mine's bigger - No it isn't, Mine is! ... LOL :eek: :D
Anyhoo, 40 degrees looking to be 59 with Partly Sunny!

Didn't use the "little balls" for my paints - I grabbed a handfull of small NUTS to drop in my bottles - same principal (I think).?
Cold looking photos there TODD - not my cup anymore, blood thinners have destroyed my getting warm nowdays. Even that 40 degrees above is now freezing to me!
Problem with using nuts is they absorb moisture, so your paint will dry out quicker.

Since Wife and I are retired I suppose this is nohumpday. Made bread yesterday At least I think its good but to make it its messy. Looks like a nice day today. One thing I miss about not having a tv is the Geico commercials they were special made me happier than a bodybuilder directing traffic.
Mike

Good Morning All. Raining lightly and 50° right now. Thunder in the distance. It won't get much warmer today, 57°, but the rain for now appears to be almost over and I doubt that I could measure the amount in my rain gauge.
Yesterday was another beautiful day at 76°, partly sunny and no wind. Knowing that it was probably going to be wet today, I mostly did stuff in the yard. I consolidated several piles of brush for eventual shredding and cut & stacked another week's worth of firewood. Wanted to do a little hoeing in the garden to break the surface crust and pre-eliminate stray weeds, but it was still just a little wet from the 3" of rain last Thursday.

Yesterday out in the train shed, I mainly continued on with the ground cover/concrete painting that I have been doing for a while. Lots of progress although it also doesn't seem like it. I did pause long enough to snap a few progress shots.
IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3200.JPG
IMG_3202.JPG

I also have done some painting on the four loading platforms, including safety yellow paint on the stairs and concrete color on the bases.
IMG_3201.JPG

I also made more than a few laps with the covered hopper that had been derailing, now that I added more weight. Many laps at varyiing speeds with no derailments. Today I will reverse the travel direction to ensure that I truly fixed the issue. It was already up to the NMRA recommendation, now it is about 1/3oz over.

Mike -
Interesting! I’ve heard the name, but never knew what it was. Doesn’t sound like it’s for me.
Like you, if scrapple is the only thing served, I could eat it, but I certainly don't go to the grocery store looking for it!
Tom O -
I think our media should promote of full day of reporting only the good news and no politics.
Are you saying that there is no good political news???
Hmmmh! I would be apprehensive about that tax firm too. If they want you to file an extension this early, they're either too inexperienced to do the return, or too busy to give you the attention that is required. Maybe both!
Have a very safe trip.

I headed out to the rain gauge a few minutes ago, and surprisingly it had 0.5" in it. So I checked the Weather Underground and found out that I had slept through an earlier rain event that provided most of the total.
Every one have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back