Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Well yesterday was a day I would like to forget. The previous evening (Sunday), I slept poorly so I was dragging all day. Dad was scheduled to fly back in Monday night at 11:22 pm but was delayed until 2:07 am today. By the time we retrieved luggage and drove the 50 minutes home it was 3:30 am😮. After that I tossed and turned until 8 am. After sitting for a couple of hours I got up off my but and worked on the pool and blew off the driveway. Tomorrow, Son and I are raking leaves. Fun times.

No scrapple for me and I'll only eat Spam after it's cooked (preferably fried).

Guy- Nice start to the reno.

Joe- Nice RS3 photo.

Karl- Very nice job on the construction.

Terry- I swear you are the king of bad luck.

TomO- Congrats to your grandson.

Willie- Nice looking sunrise and scenes.

TomO- Great looking cars.

Jeff- Cool video. Winston sure gets his exercise.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ok, I will try Scrapple if the opportunity arises.
Nope, not me. I get enough harassment eating corned beef hash.
HA! I once worked with a guy who would say "Do nothing, and you can can do nothing wrong."
I go by looking busy doing nothing, works well when things are slow at work and at home when the wife comes up with those "I seen it on Face book '' projects.

Well, howdy there internet people, and those with medical degrees. :p

It's Troy again.

Stretches twice. Two walks. May take a third now that my 2k words are done for the day. Only have about 10 days to finish the book. That means 1.5 chapters per day. But, I did already top 8K steps for today.

YES, I just emailed the doc. Not sure what he's going to do besides send me for an MRI, tell me to lose weight, exercise more, and stretch more often.

Today has been good, but I had to move my TV sitting position over to the futon. It's just too painful dealing with getting out of the recliner. Which reminds me, I need a good nappin' couch for the basement/train room.

On the hobby front, I'm still painting little toy soldiers. Knights from the Crusades. Going to paint these as Knights of the Order of St. Lazarus. Already have Hospitallers.
335064949_746055726919741_1513329830277710716_n.jpg

Good afternoon to each and everyone. A low that was supposed to bring cold weather to TX seems to have moved more north resulting in great weather here. Not a lot going on. I found out you can't just upgrade an existing gravity flow toilet to pressure assisted. Something about the bowl. Anyway, we ordered 2 pressure assisted commodes. When delivered one of the bowls was broken. So now we wait on a replacement before scheduling a plumber.
Ran some switching operations this afternoon. It takes about an hour and a half to switch 12 cars. I use a random roll of a die to determine where the cars are to be moved.
1678229393634.png

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good afternoon to each and everyone. A low that was supposed to bring cold weather to TX seems to have moved more north resulting in great weather here. Not a lot going on. I found out you can't just upgrade an existing gravity flow toilet to pressure assisted. Something about the bowl. Anyway, we ordered 2 pressure assisted commodes. When delivered one of the bowls was broken. So now we wait on a replacement before scheduling a plumber.
Ran some switching operations this afternoon. It takes about an hour and a half to switch 12 cars. I use a random roll of a die to determine where the cars are to be moved.
View attachment 163700

STAY SAFE
LATER
Nice scene Willie, are these the buildings you were asking about LED's for ?

HOORAY!
I finally found my digital camera that I put in a safe place a few weeks ago.
I put together a WHITE CASTLE burger building after Christmas and took a picture of the newly named structure.
My nephew likes my wife's cooking and suggested Aunt Bonnie's Cafe for the name.

Attachments

• 20230306_131232.jpg
    20230306_131232.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 29
Hey everyone. I hope you're all having a good evening! I'm currently building a D&RGW Narrow Gauge diorama, and I was wondering if there were people who know about D&RGW Narrow Gauge lines. I have two questions. So the diorama I am building is a part of track somewhere north of Rico, CO, and my 2 questions were did the D&RGW have Telegraph wires along their mainlines? And did the D&RGW have wires along the mountain side to alert railroaders of rockfalls like you see in the mountains nowadays? I was inspired to do this diorama because of an article in some Model Railroader magazine from sometime in 2021, and the song "The Galloping Goose", by Cw. Mcall (I highly recommend, it's pretty catchy).

Hey everyone. I hope you're all having a good evening! I'm currently building a D&RGW Narrow Gauge diorama, and I was wondering if there were people who know about D&RGW Narrow Gauge lines. I have two questions. So the diorama I am building is a part of track somewhere north of Rico, CO, and my 2 questions were did the D&RGW have Telegraph wires along their mainlines? And did the D&RGW have wires along the mountain side to alert railroaders of rockfalls like you see in the mountains nowadays? I was inspired to do this diorama because of an article in some Model Railroader magazine from sometime in 2021, and the song "The Galloping Goose", by Cw. Mcall (I highly recommend, it's pretty catchy).
A friend of mine may be worth your time he is on Facebook look for Rich Cee He has a group D&rgw 3rd div.
Mike

Good Evening. 36° and Partially Cloudy. Tonight is also the Full Moon, which some say is called the Worm Moon.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Not for nothing, I don't get the need to name each lunar cycle, or storm, or cosmic event.

I spent the evening working on a Walthers Modular building. Looks like I'm developing patience. It's a 3 in one kit, that actually resembles a read structure adjacent to the rail line(s) I'm modeling. It also fits an empty spot on the layout.

Scott R&D Building - 03_07_23.jpg

Partially completed, I still have part of the second floor and cornices to do, plus roof and roof details. Once in place, will need landscaping. More photos when finished and in place.

Love the idea. This one does a decent job, but is finicky on where you have to place the bottles. But get the better one.

Also, stainless mixing balls in the paint pots help.
I purchased this 14 months ago and I cannot believe the difference well mixed paint makes.I purchased it because it has the Continous run feature instead of just pressing the bottle down to activate. I need to try the stainless mixing balls. Army Painter recommends 2 in each of their bottles.
C1C2AC50-B640-4901-A1F0-C2DEC4DECA08.jpeg

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back