Running Bear's June 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mine had the flip up lights. First mid/engine car I ever had. But boy did I have to do a lot of body work on her. When Fiats were shipped to the States from Italy, apparently they were on the top deck. The salt air made rust issues very prevalent on Fiats.
Cars that come into the uk come back ports and can be stored for years by the coast, and yeah rust issues occur,so I feel your pain, my dad always said never buy a car from a coastal town

Willie- Have a gaze or two for me! Eye candy is the only non-fattening candy I can enjoy these days.

Gotta go get some gas in the car to go to a family reunion with my daughter. Heat index is supposed to be about 105 degrees F today. Temp is 81 degrees now at 7:30 AM.
Enjoy your day!
I hope you do not get caught by The other half drooling, I married a great bod, but am never obvious checking out the competition. He knows I like Thor, and even though we are older, duh, I like him and the shape of his head despite head loss.
I remember an ex had a beard and he shaved it off…that’s why he became an ex!
He also never ever gets when I dress up it is not about other blokes, it is for me feeling good about myself or so another woman does not feel better than me.
Hmmmmm maybe it would be better if I just drooled at the competition, lol.
On a good note, I found I could walk in a pair of half decent heels, yeah, my leg and knee maybe going slowly but are improving,
I bet you eye candy is barely out of college lol.

Hello fellow Coffee Shop denizens! I've been quiet this past year, with little to no modeling activity. That's because I've been dealing with cancer. I found out I had it last August. Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy in tandem, which will kick your butt very nicely at times, and a week ago. surgery. I'm down one kidney, a very large tumor, and two lymph nodes. Good news is they got it all. I'm recovering nicely. I didn't share this here, or any other places because, well, you know, I just get tired of telling so many people the story and what's up. I have a year of post-surgery treatment with Immunotherapy and periodic checkups, but with a little luck, lots of prayers, and positive energy I should be good. I'm feeling like doing some modeling again, and when I get all my energy back, you should start seeing some more activity soon.
Am glad to here the news is positive, cut down on sugar, it’s a major cancer issue.
Take it gently.

Speaking of I don't cares
20190503_060935.jpg

For some strange reason, he likes coming into the bathroom when people shower, he sits like this on the toilet and just stares. I think he likes the steam.

Counter point on the monitors (to the point of 32" being an upper limit):

I use a 40" 4K TV as my main monitor and the iMac as as second (27"). I happen to have an old Apple 30" Cinema display (2560x1600) as a th8ird monitor, but that one basically has a mail window on it that I check occasionally. The 40" and the imac are the two most used screens.

40" 4K is nice since you can put a LOT of stuff up -- multiple full page documents or whatever and still see it with failing eyes :). Smaller 4K screens the dots get small... 4K are nice as it is what allows you to put up multiple full page documents at a time.

Good morning all! 59 degrees on the way to sunny and 79. Nice to get a break from the oppressive heat.

Nothing much to report here. Spent the weekend relaxing for the most part. A friend gave me an old Cisco switch that I know nothing about so I spent time trying to figure it out. Didn't really get anywhere with it. Probably should actually take some time to actually learn about it instead of thinking I can just plug it in and go. What little I have learned so far is interesting but I need a lot more info to get it up and running.

Tried to watch the NASCAR race last night but it kept getting interrupted by rain and/or lightning. When it finally resumed they moved it over to the USA network which I don't have. Also watched the SRX race Saturday night and it was pretty good.

Back to work today. Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning All, from the comfort of home. Clear and a very cool 68°. An unusual cool front arrived late yesterday, high today is only expected to reach 87°. It might even rain a little, but I don't expect that. Cool weather will last until Saturday.

Our trip to San Antonio was a combination of OK and GREAT. Dinner Friday night with my son and his wife, Saturday lunch with my BIL and his wife, and the christening ceremony and the dinner following with my son's in-laws were all in the great category. The view out the third floor hotel window was OK if freeways are your thing. The breakfast bar at the hotel was only OK, I've had much better at other Hilton's. Wasn't there for either of the free Happy Hours in the evenings.
IMG_1163.JPG

Eye candy wasn't really eye candy at the hotel pool as all participants were kids, at least during the day. I didn't check it out at night. San Antonio roads were horrible. Any lane striping was so faded or worn that it was impossible to see, one had to guess how many lanes there were and where they were! This applied to local state highways and Interstates 10 & 35. The trip home was much better than the trip down there.

I picked another 20# of tomatoes yesterday afternoon, so the processing will start today. My wife wants to make salsa first so the Marinara sauce will wait until tomorrow. I ran out of containers yesterday, so there are more to pick this morning after she chooses which ones she will use.
The dishwasher didn't magically fix itself while we were gone, so I still have to deal with that this week.

I sure was glad to return to the train shed yesterday. First time since Wednesday. I just ran trains and didn't work on any projects.
Here is a train that I ran as it waited on the siding waiting to get into the staging yard.
IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

See the rest in the next post.

I'm still catching up with the forum, although I did read quite a bit while gone.
Alan - I am glad to read that things turned out OK. I offer prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery.
Karl - Congratulations to your son for the scholarship. My #2 daughter got a $4000 one, donated by the local grain mill owner, for being the Valedictorian of her class. Her graduating class had 13 students. It's a small school. Daughter #1's class was much bigger at 31 students, son's class had 21. Graduations didn't take a lot of time.
Good luck with the dog.
Guy - Get well soon. I know that you don't imbibe, but my grandmother gave us a shot of whiskey for toothaches; and other ills as well.
Jaz - The other half knows that I look, but I don't touch, unless asked!;) She's known for 50 years.

Everybody have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back