Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
1705857707569.jpeg

Troy, I had an idea for a live RPG game, but it would require the people involved to have something similar to Facetime or Zoom. Everybody has their own boards and die, and when it's their turn, roll their own in view of the camera.
It's probably already been tried, and failed miserably, but if you love a challenge...
BTW, our son and his friends play D&D every weekend. I would join in, but being 3+ hours away tends to put a damper on the enthusiasm.
Look up:
Foundry
Roll20
Ultimate Battles

Those are all "Virtual Tabletops" Usually you have to add a discord server for audio.

Could it be your accent? Alexa is American. Or maybe like Winston Churchill said, "Americans and British are one people separated by a common language" Although it is a form of AI, it could very well just be stupid! 😁

It was the best playoff game I have gotten to see, I loved it!
Sad to see GB lose, I am a 49er's fan, but have great respect for any team that can slaughter the Callous Doughboys in there own stadium.

It is snowing in Alleghenys today, in addition to a lot of snow laying on the ground already. I'm in around the big hill in Cresson and Altoona area. This westbound with probably at least 150 cars came in through Tunnel Hill:
IMG_20240121_113536408.jpg

Engineer giving a friendly blast of the horn:
IMG_20240121_113547432.jpg

IMG_20240121_113556646.jpg

Had plenty of time to get on that bridge and catch the DPU and eventually the pushing units:
IMG_20240121_113950206.jpg
IMG_20240121_114336499.jpg

My 1991 VW Jetta with over 400K miles is visible just above rear unit.
IMG_20240121_114340433.jpg

Morning folks

Last evening's forecast included a mention of the possibility of freezing rain. I took the canines for their usual midnight stroll and whooooooeeeeeee. The apron can still substitute for a skating rink but currently at 42F so I don't suspect that will last too long.

Back on the scanner today.

As Gomer Pyle might have said, "Surprise, surprise, surprise!". While at the Dallas area train show today, I heard someone call out "Hey Santafewillie". A fellow forum member named "Westtexjohn", recognized me from my avatar picture and came over to introduce himself. I guess that it's kinda like a mugshot! I can't believe that he drove 180 miles just to meet me!;)
Well..........meeting Santafewillie at the Plano train show was a pleasant surprise.
And yes, the best deals were from independent sellers and sellers from the local train clubs. I made a cash offer on a hard to find loco saying to myself, if he takes my low-ball cash offer I'll take it. The seller quickly replied......... I'm here to sell this stuff and he took my offer. So, I brought home a new Atlas Silver Series, HH600/660, undecorated at a bargain price. I picked up an Intermountain U. P. , CA3 early style caboose from Jack Harris at Harris Hobbies. He brought the caboose to the show for me to pick up so I saved a bit on shipping. I had a great time and saw some old friends from my train club days in Dallas.
My best to all on the Forum.........John

Good morning, all! A cold gray morning it is. A bone chilling wind is knocking down temps to feels like of mid 20's. With no sun, just makes it feel that much colder. Lots off rain forecasted for the upcoming week. Some street flooding is to be expected.

Texans - What till next year! They actually got a lot further than anyone expected with a rookie head coach and rookie QB. First half was good. Ravens made the adjustments needed, Texans did not. Far to many penalties, and no answer to Jackson's running for some good yardage. Ravens were definitely the better team.

Willie - The layout tour pics were OK, but to be honest your layout looks a lot better, in my opinion.

Must be the weather - First the hot water heater went, now the clothes dryer is acting up, and the ignition switch on the generator fell apart.

STAY SAFE
LATER

So, a couple of hours ago I listed a couple of laptops on Fecesbook marketplace. In thirty minutes I had 5 different people contacting me about them. All of them wanted to text me a code "to prove I'm real". THIS is why I'm so against the current crop of "text a code" security measures for online accounts.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 37F. Currently 56F. After several chores I headed to the train room and painted trim, did some more A&I application and braced and added trim to add-on room walls.

Alexa: A step in the progression on the way to a real AI skynet.

Willie- Thank you. I missed your post yesterday. Very neat animations. Sounds like fun at the train show and meeting John.

Sherrel- Thank you.

Bill- Nice photo.

Mac- Very cool (no pun intended) photos.

Chad- Happy Belated Birthday. 🎂

I hope everyone has a good night.

It is snowing in Alleghenys today, in addition to a lot of snow laying on the ground already. I'm in around the big hill in Cresson and Altoona area. This westbound with probably at least 150 cars came in through Tunnel Hill:View attachment 179924
Engineer giving a friendly blast of the horn:View attachment 179925
View attachment 179926
Had plenty of time to get on that bridge and catch the DPU and eventually the pushing units:View attachment 179927View attachment 179928
My 1991 VW Jetta with over 400K miles is visible just above rear unit.View attachment 179929
The biggest train I ever ran while working on RR was only 40 cars of stone The weight issue there was trouble just stopping the train. I can't image 150 cars to be worried about. I hope the engineer wasn't working this job on a daily basses. Sonner or later one of the 150 cars will have some kind of trouble.
Swal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back