Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
420535688_339496175715323_1173751802831581487_n.jpg

Happy Saturday! 22°,Sunny, and Windy. No real warm up until Monday. Went out about 0930, to shovel. Perhaps 4" on the ground, nothing compared to Watertown, NY where cumulatively there is over 24" and still lake effecting, but a Crisis here in the land of helplessness and do for me. My ski slope driveway, apron and sidewalk took us maybe 30" shoveling and another 10" spreading 20° snow melter. Now, we are in for the weekend. Next week, I should really start the snow thrower and see if it still runs. Our worst snows seem to come in early February.

I'm gathering up data, photos and material for the Reading SW1500 build. Finding Paint is the hardest. Anyone know who sells "True Color Paint" or "Model Flex Paint"?
From your writing, you're seem to be familiar with the Northeast Corridor area. This is one of the best hobby shops in Philadelphia area: https://maps.app.goo.gl/FDrcvtF3Gpizq1mV8
These guys used to work in Mitchels hobby shop before it closed. One of the guys names is Mike, good guy and friendly. They most likely have the supplies you need.

From your writing, you're seem to be familiar with the Northeast Corridor area. This is one of the best hobby shops in Philadelphia area:
He's on Philadelphia Pike in Claymont. I grew up in Chester, and lived in Boothwyn. Problem is I haven't been down that way in years. Good to know, though. I left the area in 1978, and never looked back. From the map program, the whole area's changed. Thanks.

Why do I bother shoveling for these idiots?🙄View attachment 179894
The "idiot" could be smarter than you realize. She may have as many as 200+ stops in that van. It looks like she could have saved 20-30 steps by taking the short cut. Times that by 200 = 4000-6000 steps. The average person takes 2000-2500 steps per mile. The average person walks a mile in 15-20 minutes in good conditions. She could have saved herself more than an hour, even two.

Combine that with the pressure Amazon puts on them to deliver everything on time. That could be the difference in having late packages or not. Amazon will charge her with an infraction for each late package. Too many infractions and she will be terminated.

She looks like a good worker to me.

The "idiot" could be smarter than you realize. She may have as many as 200+ stops in that van. It looks like she could have saved 20-30 steps by taking the short cut. Times that by 200 = 4000-6000 steps. The average person takes 2000-2500 steps per mile. The average person walks a mile in 15-20 minutes in good conditions. She could have saved herself more than an hour, even two.

Combine that with the pressure Amazon puts on them to deliver everything on time. That could be the difference in having late packages or not. Amazon will charge her with an infraction for each late package. Too many infractions and she will be terminated.

Louis: I agree. I always take the shortest path as long as climbing is not involved. One time I picked up the wife at the local hospital and walked across the supposed flower bed ( rocks and bushes ) with the maint guy standing there. He asked me why I did not use the sidewalk. My usual 'had 2P' did not even phase him, so I went on to say 'Why should I walk an additional 80' to 100' just to get in the place'. Went back the other day and they now have a narrow brick path shortcut. Geesh.

Later

She could have parked near the cleared path. Easier walking and quicker. Drier boots that did not have to have snow cleared from them before getting back in the van. (Just my 2 centsworth).

Good Morning All!

28F @ 81% Supposed to get to 39F later today with above 40F tomorra until Saturday. We currently have about 16" of white on the ground. Boy, what a mess this is gonna be. Will hit the store and stock up on little stuff ( beer, milk, cheese ...etc ) as I do not want to motor boat around.

Besides all the puttering around I have been doing, the helix design is pretty much nailed down. Thanks to all the suggestions/links! Had the big arc's for the base cut out, and need to get the base tangents done then up on stilts it goes and I can start the grade/loops. Sometimes I over think stuff ... I guess.

Later

We must have the dumbest Alexa. The number of times she replies "I do not understand."
Could it be your accent? Alexa is American. Or maybe like Winston Churchill said, "Americans and British are one people separated by a common language" Although it is a form of AI, it could very well just be stupid! 😁
SF 49s 24 GB Packers 21

Never watched a game and no idea what is going on, The 49s own the soccer club I support - Leeds United.
It was the best playoff game I have gotten to see, I loved it!

She could have parked near the cleared path. Easier walking and quicker. Drier boots that did not have to have snow cleared from them before getting back in the van. (Just my 2 centsworth).
Her most important consideration is time, Amazon is unforgiving of late packages and overtime! Most are young and won't be slowed much by the snow and very few if any will bother to clear the snow before getting into the van.

I do Amazon deliveries, but I am an independent contractor using my own vehicle. I would pull in the driveway. Amazon frowns on their employees using driveways. Most accidents happen backing up. With most Amazon drivers being young they lack the experience to avoid accidents. Having an accident backing up will almost certainly result in termination.

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those with an Alexa

It's Troy again...

Speaking as someone who raised a flesh and blood Alexa, I'm sure your Amazon home device is just in it's TEEN phase. That's exactly what I heard from ours for those 6-8 years... along with eye rolls and head shakes.

Had a fun time rolling dice and role playing yesterday. It was enough to want to build my own group and start GMing again. But, I know I'm fighting burn out, so that part will have to wait.

Here's the first two rolls I made with brand new (green) and Never RPG'd (purple) dice.

dice.jpg

And things went downhill after that, but the party survived

Here's my little goblin dude I'm playing. I'll put some paint on him in the next few weeks.
Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 7.20.28 AM.png

Her most important consideration is time, Amazon is unforgiving of late packages and overtime! Most are young and won't be slowed much by the snow and very few if any will bother to clear the snow before getting into the van.

I do Amazon deliveries, but I am an independent contractor using my own vehicle. I would pull in the driveway. Amazon frowns on their employees using driveways. Most accidents happen backing up. With most Amazon drivers being young they lack the experience to avoid accidents. Having an accident backing up will almost certainly result in termination.
I put a laminated note on my fence right where they'd put the package (in prime location for porch pirates) to bring all packages inside. It's even in my delivery instructions with Amazon to do so.

Then, when I get the delivery complete email I make sure to click the "It was Great!👍" followed by the "with care" and "above and beyond" options.

I'm not sure if those figure into any employee statistics, but I want them to keep making the 20 extra steps from gate to porch. So I'll do what I can to help the drivers and not lose package to the porch pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back