Running Bear's January 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
With budget and definitely space a concern maybe one of the self contained units.
View attachment 159070I do see the prices are up at least 15% since 2/2021 when I saw one demonstrated at a Train show. A couple guys I know use them in the retirement communities they live, they are quiet.
Thanks, I did look at the self contained ones, but either I have to get them refilled or buy new canisters, (which no one I know of does here), or I need some kind of compressor to refill them myself, which kinda defeats the object really.

I also looked at the 12v ones you get for inflating tyres, but really didn't fancy my luck with something like that, knowing me I'd probably blow the machine or the canister or me, probably all three. 😁

I get what your saying, but I simply can't justify that kind of cash, (basically I'm around the maximum of £100), and I can't see me spending hours with an airbrush as Tom, yourself and a few others do either, so for me, it doesn't justify the extra cost involved, I just want a decent system to do the odd re-paint, and some decent weathering.

I've found this one, it seems suitable for not only my price range of £100 but for what I want to do as well.
3Ltr Tank, max 57psi, power rating of 150w, auto shut off/start, water trap, pressure regulator and air filter

View attachment 159069
Me like! :D 👍

With budget and definitely space a concern maybe one of the self contained units.
View attachment 159070I do see the prices are up at least 15% since 2/2021 when I saw one demonstrated at a Train show. A couple guys I know use them in the retirement communities they live, they are quiet.

Cool, I'll have to look into these eventually. I have an (unopened) hobbyist (Testors?) airbrush I bought 20+ years ago for making some 1/35 Panther models (not yet started project) and also have some sort of hobbyist compressor but I'd like to do some real work. I have, finally, a 10 gallon oil-less compressor I got for testing our in-floor heating system so I can refill the containers.

Thanks for posting this as I had not seen these.

Good evening. 48° with random rain showers and fog. It was a moderately active day, with some time walking around Lowes, New Years day leftovers for lunch, and New Years Eve leftovers for dinner. Hard to watch the salt over holidays. :rolleyes:
Again today I didn't watch a lot of sports. about 10" of the Buffalo - Cincinnati game.

Have to return to Lowes or HD tomorrow for a porcelain light fixture with a pull chain, since I managed to break one today. :rolleyes: Other alternative, is to just rewire the junction box, eliminate the light and place a cover over it...assuming I have a cover. See what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow.

Tomorrow, (1-3), my youngest son turns 40...wow! Time flies.

Curt: Hope the wife and your dad recover quickly from the Covid, and that you don't get it.

FWIW, I'm still coughing from my Flu and Pneumonia that began over a month ago...this crap doesn't let up...

This is a blast from the past:
PC 4312 - Train 31 - Terre Haute IN -12-14-1970 - Roger Puta photo.jpg

PC # 31 - "The Spirit of St. Louis" pauses in Terre Haute, IN 0n 12-14-1970, enroute to St. Louis. Roger Puta Photo. Note that the Red P, white C and Central are fading from the 4312, the 4071's NYC cigar band scheme remains intact. Just 4½ Months until Amtrak takes over at this point in time.

We're pretty much packed. Trying to figure out if we’re going to lunch or just staying home and eating left - overs and just hanging out this afternoon before we go to the airport and check in at the airport hotel. I may have some room to add some more snacks to the carry on. I use the as small gifts for friends. Tuesday January 3rd at about 2pm and 47f

Thanks, I did look at the self contained ones, but either I have to get them refilled or buy new canisters, (which no one I know of does here), or I need some kind of compressor to refill them myself, which kinda defeats the object really.

I also looked at the 12v ones you get for inflating tyres, but really didn't fancy my luck with something like that, knowing me I'd probably blow the machine or the canister or me, probably all three. 😁
The MicroMart ones will be Continous blow when the trigger is depressed. No refilling and USB for re-charging after 4-6 hours of use.

We're pretty much packed. Trying to figure out if we’re going to lunch or just staying home and eating left - overs and just hanging out this afternoon before we go to the airport and check in at the airport hotel. I may have some room to add some more snacks to the carry on. I use the as small gifts for friends. Tuesday January 3rd at about 2pm and 47f
Will miss the travelogue. Thank you for sharing the family travels

Last edited:
Morning all you early risers, its 02:15 local time

just woke for the middle of the night potty run. Realized as I rolled out of bed that I had been dreaming of having a sore back.

Because my back hurts. Must have slept wrong and pulled a muscle

Got some ibuprofen, grabbed the heating pad and the cat and I headed to the LayZBoy recliner.

Turned on the music channel and Phil Collins was first up with "In the Air Tonight"

I was going to flip to the jazz station, but Phil can play first.

Some good news... While I was waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in, I got some plotting and character profiles begun for the next book.

However, the 2% grade and 2" risers I purchased yesterday are going to have to wait to get installed on the layout,. Especially since I have some demolition of grade I've already installed. Ah, well... the best-laid plans (and tracks) of mice and men...

Ah, well... the best-laid plans (and tracks) of mice and men...
You are not alone.

I have been unable to execute my plans for a permanent layout. My original goal was to have three permanent layouts by mid-2018.
All I have managed so far were a few Christmas layouts and an incomplete Halloween layout.

I built permanent bench work on my front porch for holiday layouts. Thanks again Terry for your guidance on that. The original plans for the other three permanent layouts are still on hold.

Circumstances often dictate what we do.

Troy, be careful with ibuprofen on an empty stomach. I hope you feel better

Thanks. I went and made a bowl of oatmeal after that reminder.

I'm now wondering if this could be sciatic nerve? lower back into hip on the right side. Feels more like a nerve than a muscle.

Probably time to get the cruise and the holiday cookie pounds off. The Catch-22 is that it hurts to walk, and walking is what I need to do to start the weight loss...

Afternoon All,

Well not a good start to the New Year. Both Dad and MOH have tested positive for Covid. They have minor to moderate symptoms. Of course, we're keeping an eye on Dad because of his age. I tested negative but feel like crap so I'm not sure what's going on with me. Son was sick last week but's feeling better. Anyway, I'll be off for a few days until I start feeling better.

Louis- Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your sister.
Be good and stay in before you know the result.

The total budget is £150, the airbrush I want is £47, so £103 for the compressor is all I can afford.
I find it hard to choose the right equipment. What is right for 1 is not always best for the other. It depends on the use (frequency and what exactly do you want to achieve). I do like these discussions so much. That's why this forum is so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back