Running Bear's January 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
DARN, LOUIS, Very sorry to hear!

I was just about ready to give you some cheer then I read of your sister......

Spot on Karl about the tank ...

Smudge, You really should have a regulator and water separator too!
Both you and Karl are spot on, a tank would avoid the pulsing/water issue, but I do very little painting overall, and I have very limited space, even for a small 2.5Ltr tank which is what I wanted. The compressor I showed has both a Separator and Regulator.

I was watching the news (NOT MSN) earlier, and they were having pretty bad flooding in Northern California.
And there was just a magnitude 5.4 earthquake in the same area.
I am constantly amazed at how 2"-3" of rain floods anywhere in Kalifornia. I am sure that it's the topography there. I regularly get 4"-6"+ without anything more than temporary localized flooding. That is unless it all falls within an hour or so, then it takes 2-3 hours to run off. Prayers for anyone out there that is negatively affected. I hope though that it fills their reservoirs.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 66F with heavy fog and humidity. MOH made waffles for breakfast. :D I did several chores before heading to the train room. I leveled the track (that took a while) and tested the track for electrical issues and metered the different sections. I had good power and the DCC system didn't short. 👍 Tomorrow depending on illness I'll test the diesels and solder the old feeders to the track. After that I have a bit of scenery work. We didn't do a family get together today because Dad and MOH are feeling poorly. Everyone is completely vaccinated including flu. MOH said we would try to do it tomorrow so my schnitzel making is on hold.🤚

Swal- Very sorry to hear about your house problems.

Willie- Nice scenes. Is that guy trying to "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" that goose?

Dave- Nice bear scene. They seem heftier than the WS ones I have.

Joe- Nice looking lounge car and background scene.

Christian- Nice looking diesel.

Smudge- I don't airbrush but have attended seminars that have talked about the necessity of a storage tank.

Louis- I am very sorry for you and your family. Prayers for your sister.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I am constantly amazed at how 2"-3" of rain floods anywhere in Kalifornia. I am sure that it's the topography there. I regularly get 4"-6"+ without anything more than temporary localized flooding. That is unless it all falls within an hour or so, then it takes 2-3 hours to run off. Prayers for anyone out there that is negatively affected. I hope though that it fills their reservoirs.
In 25 words, Willie, the hills are mostly compacted decomposed granite and don't absorb very well so the water tends to flash flood. Then there are the ID10T's who build anywhere they can find a square meter .. ex: narrow canyon!

PRR is there any chance of you sending me a PM on all your solder gear, wire size etc…..I dont find that my solder gun does a good job at getting wires soldered to my track joiners? I would greatly appreciate any tips you could help with.
Best thing I ever bought for all soldering needs. Soldering life changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back