Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to this dumb brit, how your postal system works.
I bought some K4 HO Northern Pacific decals, a few weeks back, from a company in Dayton Ohio cost was $8.22 inc.p+p (or about £6.00), paid the $8.22 received decals, no problem.
Looking for a different set, found the ones I want, Microscale freight cab decal, from a company in Pasco, Washington, cost is $9.00 or £6.58
PLUS $22.62 (£16.52) postage, how do companies manage to get such substantial differences in their postal rates?

Can someone explain to this dumb brit, how your postal system works.
I bought some K4 HO Northern Pacific decals, a few weeks back, from a company in Dayton Ohio cost was $8.22 inc.p+p (or about £6.00), paid the $8.22 received decals, no problem.
Looking for a different set, found the ones I want, Microscale freight cab decal, from a company in Pasco, Washington, cost is $9.00 or £6.58
PLUS $22.62 (£16.52) postage, how do companies manage to get such substantial differences in their postal rates?
That's why I shop for not only price but postage, that said they sometimes send regular post or some type of "priority post" which ups the cost.

Saw this recently at a favorite pub here in the cities:

20211231_120530.jpg

Just some eye candy.

Good Morning All. Clear and 32° here on the homestead. The usual mixed weather coming up, three more days in the upper 60's, two in the mid-40's, three more in the mid-60's, a couple in the low 50's; no rain in sight, no snow either.

Dermatologist visit yesterday was good, no repeat of the cancerous spots removed a couple of years ago. I go back in July. The rest of the full body scan was good.

As always, thanks for the likes and comments regarding my picture posts; Joe, Smudge, Tom, Justin, James, Louis, Karl, Louis, OB Ken, Tom O, Chad, Patrick, Dave, Gary, Hughie, George, Curt, Rick, IB Ken, Jaz.

I'm skipping breakfast this morning Flo, just a glass of apple cider.

I was out in the train shed for only a short time yesterday. Doctor visit set me back and it was too nice outside to ignore outdoor chores. While I completed painting the eight figures, the pictures were too blurred to use. I did start on the metal castings, but did not take any pictures of them yet.
So how about some random flat car and gondola load pictures today.

View attachment 138671
View attachment 138672View attachment 138673
View attachment 138674View attachment 138675
View attachment 138676
View attachment 138677

OB Ken - Textbooks - outrageous prices even back when I was in college in the late 60's/early 70's. I quickly learned how to avoid it when a teacher mentioned that they were all available in the reserve section of the library. Couldn't check them out of the building, but you could check them out for two hour intervals and read assignments there. Only ones that I had to purchase were those that we actually used in the classroom. Some of those I shared with my roommate since we took the same classes at different times.
Tom O - Good luck with that glucose level. Over the last two weeks, I have been running 107-110. That should allow me to have an additional beer every night.

Everybody have a great day. Stay safe and warm.
I missed the dermatologist report, glad you got an all clear.

I guess it makes sense then that a large part of today's MRs are Thomas enthusiasts. They also want to see the trains run faster, i.e. slot car speeds.
Too true, scaletrix,talking of which we have not had ours out for ages,I believe one or two of these go for silly money nowadays

Attachments

• 3A7AA128-2A6C-4EFB-B1D0-8EE756149FE1.jpeg
    3A7AA128-2A6C-4EFB-B1D0-8EE756149FE1.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 4B8B87A3-B0FF-41E0-A768-8159290A4051.jpeg
    4B8B87A3-B0FF-41E0-A768-8159290A4051.jpeg
    499.3 KB · Views: 65
  • D53C3F86-F3E1-45AB-80E3-7B3E8FC9D499.jpeg
    D53C3F86-F3E1-45AB-80E3-7B3E8FC9D499.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 83D22858-D936-4BA6-A1F0-C7BEC53A130D.jpeg
    83D22858-D936-4BA6-A1F0-C7BEC53A130D.jpeg
    566.3 KB · Views: 56
That's why I shop for not only price but postage, that said they sometimes send regular post or some type of "priority post" which ups the cost.
We once bought some seed from the US they gave a postage charge we were ok with,but when it came through customs the declaration on it got us hit with a huge export import tax bill, next time we bought French seed. still we have sone nice tree from the seed.

Evening all,

Heart ruled out as expected. While I was "off", I got called to fix an issue with an office temp they decided to tell me about at 7:30 this morning, person coming in at 8:00 and I need to be out the door to take the wife to her appointment. Glad to know they can't do things without me. Still mentioned they knew yesterday that they had a temp coming in, why are you waiting until the last minute to let me know????

Oh well, less time off charged to my accounts.

Had to play auto mechanic as the boy needs to have his "old" car taken in for an oil change. Battery bought last summer completely dead. I did get it working, may yet need to replace the battery. It was his first car, an '04 Chevrolet Cavalier he bought new as a senior in HS. It costs him about $200 a year in maintenance and tags, which then drops his car insurance $500 a year by having "multiple" cars on his policy. City won't ticket it in your driveway as long as the license plate is current, so it's a win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back