Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That side of the store scares me!
Couple years ago, we decided to try and cut expenses by grocery shopping at Walmart, and the "New" state of the art Aldi. Walking through Walmart, I spotted an unattended store cart of frozen dairy products abandoned in the middle of the aisle. Was there long enough that the melted ice cream was dripping to the floor. I presume that later on when the worker bee returned to shelf stocking, the stuff was placed in the freezer cases for future sale...🤢 That ended that experiment. BTW: Aldi was cleaner but their quality wasn't what we are / were used to...

Enjoy the semi-annual cleanup...and don't fret the stock market...this too shall pass.

This is the Type of fence that was in place when I bought the house from the Veteran's Administration (although this picture is in better shape):

View attachment 139378

As they age they tend to turn gray in color. Posts are set in concrete which is where they generally rot off at that point.

Kids fence uses metal 2" poles that the fencing is attached to instead of 4"x4" posts.
Pretty similar to what we use, the cross members are bolted to the concrete posts, and we put a concrete strip at the bottom so ground water doesn't rot the timber plank uprights.
A.jpeg

Last edited:
4 Pages behind from 9:30pm Saturday? Did I miss a week in there?
My football season has ended! Sorry a$$ defense GB - I am reminded of the movie, 'The Replacements'!
Put some "stickum" on your hands -receivers!

It is a chilly 40F this morning, but looking for a sunny, clear, 70F late

The Spousal Unit did me good last evening! The local SIL, daughter and kids came over for dinner. He is over his Covid - the BIL still is testing positive, but feeling better!
SWMBO made a dinner that would have done any "head of State" well!

FLO - happy Monday - A Western Omelet with lots of salsa and link sausage please! Plain toast and a glass of OJ too!

Need to see what the market will bring me today- hope it is better than last week?
Defense played very well.....Offense was terrible with dropped balls and missed cues.

Special teams was atrocious! Absolutely terrible! ! We have been plagued with issues with special teams all season and I just do not understand it! We had all the other stuff taken care for the most part but man this pissed me off! I am also tired of Bakhtiari he needs to be cut he didn't play and he definitely dead weight with his prone to getting hurt all the time....time to go! I was also pissed that Rodgers kept going to Davante when Cobb was wide open so so many times. Ugh! I know he trust the guy so what gives. Yup my season is over!

On another note the Buffalo Bills played a hell of a game man that was impressive. I would have liked to see them pull that off....

I hope to see the Rams and Bengals in the Super Bowl....that's my pic for this coming weekend....and I kinda want the Rams to win it with Matt Stafford......

You want to gamble?

Look at the stock market. Down 1000 points already at almost noon CDT. The guess is when will it recover?

Are you a player in the market or just going to ride it out?

That’s Terry’s concern. She is talking like she wants to buy!

Mine right now is trying to find a decently priced Gp40-2 or Gp38-2. I am not waiting for the new Genesis models coming from Athearn.

TomO

You want to gamble?

Look at the stock market. Down 1000 points already at almost noon CDT. The guess is when will it recover?

Are you a player in the market or just going to ride it out?

That’s Terry’s concern. She is talking like she wants to buy!

Mine right now is trying to find a decently priced Gp40-2 or Gp38-2. I am not waiting for the new Genesis models coming from Athearn.

TomO

Tom O now is a good time to buy of course....

As for the GP40 or 38s.......look at Yankeedabbler they have great prices for sound by Atlas (Gold Series). BUT waiting for the Athearns are worth it. I tell ya the GP15-1 that I got is incredible! Also the GP39s that came out recently are fantastic!

TomO - Been about 50% on the short side of the market last week with short term option spreads. Busy covering some of the positions today - and reversing others to long option spreads. Losses are limited with the spreads, but the gains are limited as well.

I expect a "dead cat bounce" then more down. With a 12 year mostly up market - I would not be surprised to see as much as a 3 year decline with a recession in tow!

Pretty similar to what we use, the cross members are bolted to the concrete posts, and we put a concrete strip at the bottom so ground water doesn't rot the timber plank uprights.
View attachment 139379
Sorry my fault, This is the image I should have uploaded. :rolleyes:

These panels slide into the grooves in the concrete posts from the top, so it's a two man job to install, but easy to replace if needed.
about $20 a post and $35 for a 6'X6' panel in the UK.

1643052003753.png

I misplaced the picture of the modified painted figures I did last week.
Too many guys with wheel barrows being pushed means a few are cut apart for different poses.
Nine is too many drunks with a bottle and a pickax. Now, a couple guys are waving at the girls in cars.
Left and right tool workers means some lose their tools so they can loaf under a tree.
The guys with the shovels have only planted one tree all morning.
All of them must be municipal city workers.

Attachments

• 20220122 workmen 2.JPG
    20220122 workmen 2.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 61
I know I've asked before, but for the BB models, 33" or 36" wheels for most kits or it doesn't matter?

I making a list for the train show in 2 weeks and hoping for some bargains...relatively speaking. I'm also not rivet counting. Just need to finally start getting the plastic wheels off.

Afternoon All,

Started with a couple of small chores then spent the rest of the day in the train room. Started out by making up 9 lights and testing. After lunch I mounted the 6 platform lights (3 each side). I put a dab of caulk on the inside of the walls to hold the lights in place. After that I sprayed the roof cards gray.

After that I worked on an add-on that sits on the front office roof. It's long and narrow. The kit has "corrugated metal" sides which I managed to put on the wrong side (no more left) which if I pulled it off, I would destroy the piece (fiber board). After I did some thinking I decided to put 2x10's on the walls. After putting them on, I stained them with Hunterline brown and then some A&I. I'll see how it turns out. If I have to, I'll build something to replace that. I also got the red paint in the mail.

James- Those figures look like they belong in the 1960's.

Willie- WOW. That is a lot of motive power and rail cars. Unfortunately, MOH insists on going to Wally World.

Ken D&J- I had to look up what 1883 was. Since I don't watch Yellowstone, I guess that's not surprising.

George- Neat idea.

Troy- Beautiful job on the painted figures.

Steve- Sorry to hear of your electrical issues as they are very frustrating.

Patrick- I use 33" for freight cars and 36" for passenger cars.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back