Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grill seems wrong is the model just poor or s there a better match and I haven’t found it this is a 1950s I believe
View attachment 139327View attachment 139328View attachment 139329
I had one of those real ones, many moons ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and gas was $.40/gal. Mine was a 1950 F1.
I removed the flathead V8 it came with, and dropped a 351 with an FMX automatic transmission in it. I re-used the three-on-the-tree shift lever, connected it to the shift lever on the transmission, and put a heavier return spring on the clutch pedal, so it would stay in the raised position.

I can’t help myself, got in a bidding war on eBay and lost, or some say I won.
CC374ED6-AA66-427E-97E9-28B322AEFD79.jpeg

Now I have another one to renumber and weather.
Yes I paid too much . I am reminded of a line from a movie. “The hardest part about playing chicken, is knowing when to flinch.”

I hate to be the one that has to spell it out in graphic detail, but...
The reason for a paper bag was to put over the girl's head, so you didn't have to look at her while doing the horizontal mambo.
The second bag was for you, in case hers broke, or fell off in the act.
The way I heard it, "my girlfriend so ugly we both wear a paper bag over our heads in case her's falls off." May very well be something Rodney Dangerfield came up with.

Hi all,

Busy day yesterday. Daughter #2 burned her hand badly on bacon grease. Even had the stove on fire in the new house...House is fine as will be the daughter, but she spent 4 hours in immediate care where 95% were there for covid systems. We ended up going there last night to help. She was doing better this morning. Dr said she wasn't far off of a 3rd degree burns over most of her hand left hand. She is right handed, so maybe she'll get better quick.

Going to try to get downstairs in a bit. Probably won't make it.

Had a dream the servers all went to heck last night, so I had to dial in before church this morning. They were fine...

Easy, Custom Holden Panel Van. Won't give you it's colloquial name.
View attachment 139314

We always called them a shaggin' wagon......Never owned one myself....;)

Karl: I've lost a lot of ones I really wanted because I blinked. Mostly they got higher than I think they were worth by the time I had to pay shipping.

Last time a guy tried grabbing my daughter rear, she warned him off, second time he did it she told him if he did it again he would regret it, third time, my daughter broke his nose. My daughter is 5'2" and weighs 110 pounds. 🤣
Very good dad, you taught your daughter her well!
I taught my daughters the same. "Don't stop at the nose, the idea is to try to drive the nose into the back of the head"
An old friend once told me, "its not the size of the weapon, it's the fury of the attack"

Afternoon All,

Started with chores this morning as usual. After that I spent a lot of hours in the train room putting in doors, windows and trim on the add on walls. That part is complete except for 2 things that I need paint for (should be here in the next couple of days, it's in Atlanta now). I did receive the lights I've been waiting on around 2 pm so that will be my focus tomorrow.

Joe- Nice photo.

Justin- Nice books. Although I don't model the C&O, I'm sure I could have used those books for planning.

Willie- Nice scenes. I used stained paper bag strips for rolled roofing one time. It turned out so-so.

Smudge- Nice job so far. I believe Tichy has the parts you need.

Jaz- I love the way you modify your "little people".

Karl- Great layout scene. The heart what the heart wants. Nice looking hopper.

Hughie- If that's your layout it looks amazing.

Patrick- I truly hope your daughter gets better quicky without any disfigurement or loss of function.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I taught my daughter, knee to the groin, elbow to the nose and a foot deep into the balls. She told a guy no and he wouldn’t stop. He ended up in the hospital. He filed charges. She was 17 and it was his 18th b-day. When the cop showed up at the house to interview her after 5 minutes, he said enough, self defense. DA didn’t agree and interviewed her. Self defense it was they decided too. That cost an attorney though.

TomO

Tom Brady has gotten his first unsportsmanlike penalty of his career! Just now Tampa missed a field goal. It looks like Tampa is having one of those days. Rams 17 Tampa Bay 3
2nd quarter 8 minutes remaining.
Game is on but no real interest. Warming up from watching the grandson play hockey at 1 this afternoon. Saw why he got the penalty, good to see passion. Passion, totally missing by the Packers last night after the 1st quarter

TomO

I hate to be the one that has to spell it out in graphic detail, but...
The reason for a paper bag was to put over the girl's head, so you didn't have to look at her while doing the horizontal mambo.
The second bag was for you, in case hers broke, or fell off in the act.
Oh no I got it right from the start I was teasing …
talking of which I thought a mambo was a snake….where did the snake come from….sniggers

I also sprayed the most recently painted figures with dull coat to protect the paint and reduce the fading of the colors.
Willie- This manufacturer must have gotten a heck of a good deal on purple and lavender paint. About 50% of the figures I have had are one or both of those colors. Your figures seem to have a different mix of colors.
I have some of the same figures that I recently changed the hair color and covered up the lavender/purple color. One of the ladies in the lower right corner has red hair the same shade as the orange dress of the other figure.

I have to do some major touchups on clothes, shoes and faces before I want to spray with a clear coat.

Attachments

• 20220122 a.JPG
    20220122 a.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220122 b.JPG
    20220122 b.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hello modelers. I watched or rather I had the Chiefs/Bills game on. Until I heard Tony Romo getting super excited I hadn’t really paid attention. 25 points scored in under 2 minutes to get a tied game, unreal offensive play and where did the defenses go? The overtime, blah!

Back to model trains and things
TomO

Good morning all! 25 degrees and overcast here in SE Illinois heading for 42 with a chance of rain later. Once again not a lot to report this morning. Had a pretty good day at work yesterday. A former co-worker from the police department opened his own Jersey Mike's restaurant in town recently so my wife and I ate there last evening. I'm really happy for my friend. He's wanted to open a restaurant like that pretty much as long as I've known him and he finally got the chance. That's about it from here. Gonna finish my coffee, eat a little oatmeal and head back to work. Hope you all have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back