Running Bear's January 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't have time to chat. My friend lost his cat & I just wanted to put up this poster on the bulletin board.

cat.jpg

Morning y'all <waves>

I'll sit at a table by myself. Wife and I both have colds. Hot lemon tea, Flo.

Doubt it's the nasty covid, since wife and I are within a day of each other on symptoms. She NEVER goes anywhere except for walks. Best guess is that I picked up a Rhinovirus from a cart or door handle on a shopping trip, and left a trace on a faucet handle or counter for her to pick up.

Fortunately, we've both had our flu shots, and everything is mild sinus stuffiness so far. But we're keeping an eye on everything.

Need to write some words on the latest mystery today. IF I'm still feeling chipper tonight, I plan on putting down plaster cloth on my track risers so I can finish the mainline track runs. After that, it will back to scenery.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 10.55.05 AM.png

And I have a bunch of plastic soviets in way tooooo big of scale for my N scale layout that need their arms and heads glued on.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 10.55.27 AM.png

too many hobbies, not enough time.

Hello everyone!

Today I plan on painting some of my DPM buildings. I also plan on cleaning some stuff up around the layout.

Guy- I actually don't mind going to school, but with everything going on right now it is crazy.

Curt- I originally bought one of those Cubes, but it came with a dead battery. Apparently, you have a 50/50 chance of getting one that works.

Ken- I did not know that website existed. I took a look at it, and your right tons of very nice photos from around my area. Thank you for mentioning his website!

Well, that's about all for now. I may have a surprise for everyone tomorrow.

Howdy, .... I'll have coffee and a donut please.

Tom Cambria ... That is an impressive coal loading operation.

Alan ..... That's an amazing line up of SP steam locos in the roundhouse.

Justin .... Your coal loads look great. Nice looking coal mine, too.

Boris .... Thanks for your thoughts. Son and DIL are getting well slowly. HE has his own company, and he actually was able to work briefly yesterday. The vaccine went well. The local hospital was well organized. During the week, they took care of only people who were over 70. Implants went well too. ..... Other medical appointments are scheduled over the next several days.

Willie ..... The implants, as you probably know, are a slow process. I had the bone graft done a couple of months ago. Now the posts are in. Next, I see the dentist for the crowns in a few weeks. I will be glad to be able to eat in the affected side of my mouth when all is done. .... Nice layout shots today. Do I see Sherrel and his magnifying glass looking at a female figure in front of the house? LOL

Guy ..... I missed what you said. You are going to court. Is that for something like trespassing on railroad property? I doubt you were causing any harm.

Tom in WI ..... I like the scene with tress and a culvert.

Troy .... I used to have too many hobbies, too, but now I focus most hobby time on model railroading.

Everybody ..... Have a good day.

. . .
Ken- I did not know that website existed. I took a look at it, and your right tons of very nice photos from around my area. Thank you for mentioning his website!
. . .
Luke, that has been my go-to reference ever since I resumed modeling the B&O in 2012. Any time I'm ready to decorate a model myself, I'll choose one that is pictured on Ellwood's site. Most of my factory-painted locos are pictured there as well.

Last edited:
I failed to mention earlier that I received a new laser-cut kit in the mail yesterday.
IMG_5466.JPG

It came from Sawtooth Scale Models, a product of fellow forum member Tim Foreman. For more details, see here.
It looks like it may be just what I need to fill the blank space between the electric company warehouse and engine servicing facility that I pictured earlier this week.
IMG_5463.JPG

That backdrop structure can easily be moved over one way or the other.

If she hadn't told me that, I would have cancelled my order with Home Depot and gone to one of the local stores that has this model in stock, and had my SIL pick it up in his truck.
Ken: I don't understand why you did not do this first? Was there a financial, sale, financing, or other reason involved?

Pardon the intrusion -- I am back searching for the interweb that you posted for the LUKE man!

Afternoon All,

Today was a productive in the train room. I finished hooking up the reverse loop on the peninsula and tested it with both the F3 and 2-8-8-2 without issue. I thought the steamer would not like the 18" radius of the loop around but it never complained and ran smoothly. So now I have a way to reverse a loco on each large leg on the layout.

If you remember several days ago I talked about a derailing issue on the right hand incline loop around. After working on it I ran the large steamer in both directions 22 times each way (1=a complete lap around the layout). I had 1 front truck derail on the incline out of 44 times. At this point I consider it fixed unless there is a change.

It's been a little bit like Christmas here. In the last 3 days I have received from Blair Line 6 company houses and a general store, from AMB a small church and gas station, and from Wild West Models 8 outhouses (3 styles). I've had the Walthers sub-station. I figure to start on the kits next week for something different for awhile. Tomorrow I want to hookup the programing track and paint the rails on the peninsula.

Willie- Nice layout scenes. That will be a very nice building. I saw it on the separate thread.

TomO- Great scene.

Luke- The cube I have has a USB connection (covered) that allows you to charge it from a computer.

Tom- I have ballasted track with both methods.

Alan- That RH will be awesome when complete.

Joe- I think it's hospitals and medicine in general anymore. More need than infrastructure or personnel available. I've also noticed lately that anytime there is bad service Covid is the scapegoat instead of cost cutting or reduced staff.

IB Ken- Sounds positive about the snow blower. Fingers crossed.

Justin- Nice layout shots.

20210109_140538.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Guy ..... I missed what you said. You are going to court. Is that for something like trespassing on railroad property? I doubt you were causing any harm.
That is correct, Garry; trespassing! The headlines would read 'Old man with a camera charged - Graffito artists and train derailing protesters get away!'
It was a $600.00 voluntary payment ticket that I chose to plead not guilty to. Tax collection court is on Tuesday. I intend to either beat it, or let the public pay it off. I'll sit in a cell and watch TV until it's paid. Then I'll throw it out on social media when I get out.

Ken: I don't understand why you did not do this first? Was there a financial, sale, financing, or other reason involved?

Pardon the intrusion -- I am back searching for the interweb that you posted for the LUKE man!
Sherrell - even though I knew that Christmas packages were arriving late, I wasn't aware that even non-USPS transportation was gridlocked. I figured that 10 days beyond Christmas the volume of traffic would diminish. And with my SIL being a new dad in addition to his fulltime job, I didn't want to impose on his time unless absolutely necessary.

Sorry haven’t posted I’m getting over Covid and double Pneumonia in both lungs. I’m still fighting post symptoms like short of breath and fatigue. I’m kinda done with HO I will be selling a lot of my HO stuff including my custom made rail cars. Thanks

Good Afternoon all. Well we made it to 52 degrees, but it was sunny.
So in the train room I went off on a different track. I start building Pinkham's Pallet & Keg Co. It is by far the most difficult model I believe I have ever undertook. I mean even the little (N scale) windows are in 4 pieces. Anyway I think it should add a nice touch to the new layout. I have Earl's Oil coming as a late Christmas gift.
Love the turntable photo with all the locomotives. I was giving some thought to on certain days remove the newer diesels and have nothing but steam on the track, maybe an RS-2 for switching. Steam Locomotives seem to captivate visitors to the layout.
Pinkham - 1.jpg

STAY SAFE

LATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back