Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digitrax soured me on DCC when I 1st started, don't give up yet. I went from there to NCE, and never looked back. My one son started using at at 5 years old. So simple a 5 year old could use it.
Nce is a hour away from me. Called them when I was looking for dcc. I explained to them that I would be at the most running 2 trains with 6-8 locomotives at one time. They said I needed their 8 amp system that was $850. I got a Digitrax Evolution 5/ 8 amp system for $395 with the DT 500 throttle. Very happy, and half the cost.

A' Bootcamping we will go....
The other half has a suitcase full of IT qualifications from IBM servers to Microsoft and ITIL. he did hardware originally then software and now does risk and security, his global company use pc s as a baseline but a number of the top executives use the apple suite so he keeps up to date on either ‘ both, they buy him new kit every two or three years max, I stay well clear when he is in play mode. often one system does not want to play nicely with another and he tweaks until he gets it all sorted. There has been threats to some equipment but usually it eventually yields and works. I have considered recording him in case I ever want him to put in the nut house :D

Nce is a hour away from me. Called them when I was looking for dcc. I explained to them that I would be at the most running 2 trains with 6-8 locomotives at one time. They said I needed their 8 amp system that was $850. I got a Digitrax Evolution 5/ 8 amp system for $395 with the DT 500 throttle. Very happy, and half the cost.
They told you an 8 amp system was needed for 6-8 locomotives? Really taking advantage of what you don't know about.

The mail just arrived, and I got three collection notices from Novant Health. They turned me over for collection for a $7 bill and a $50 bill, both of which I've been paying toward every month since my insurance refused to pay for my physical on September 1. The third one totals $120.
I'm pretty sure the work ethic would go right out the door about now, and all my sh*t would be in my truck as I pulled out of the lot tomorrow, all while giving them the one finger salute.

I'm pretty sure the work ethic would go right out the door about now, and all my sh*t would be in my truck as I pulled out of the lot tomorrow, all while giving them the one finger salute.
I would have done so, except it would leave some of my coworkers I consider to be friends in a rough spot.
I can assure you, I won't be staying past 5 PM tomorrow.

Good evening, all! The is blowing with gusts to 35 mph and the temps are falling. It was 80 today and it is predicted to be 33 in the morning with a feels like 27.

DCC - I use a Digitrax Zephyr. You can put 8 addresses in. I also have a throttle on :LocoNet". The most engines I have run at one time is 5. My layout just isn't big enough to run more. In normal train running I run 3, 1 passenger, one freight and one switcher picking up and setting out.
I am curious as to what I might need to use a computer.

I added the 3 light poles to Bar Mill Row as well as a goose neck to Sonny's station.
1645145009867.jpeg

1645145045246.jpeg

STAY SAFE

LATER

The mail just arrived, and I got three collection notices from Novant Health. They turned me over for collection for a $7 bill and a $50 bill, both of which I've been paying toward every month since my insurance refused to pay for my physical on September 1. The third one totals $120.
As a former debt collection employee, this doesn’t surprise me. While I always thought this type of turnover was wrong there is nothing in any law that prevents it. Actually except in contract situations any debt incurred by a consumer can be immediately turned over.

TomO

I just returned from a stay in my basement as there was a tornado warning for my area. The TV weatherman said there is damage in the town about 3 miles from me. Rain and wind have slacked off, but we have one trailer with a tree on it and people trapped inside. The rain is still coming down hard and flooding in the area. The tornado jumped over our location.
The tornado warning is now over and we are under a thunderstorm watch for another hour. Think I will see about some supper and read the last page here.

Willie- Looking good! Seems like this kit went together pretty quickly?
Was the interior part of the kit?
This kit did go together very easily, as does all of the Walther's kits that are made by Kibri. Kibri is giant leaps ahead of your standard Walther's kits.
The interior came from this sheet included with the kit that actually has all of the verbiage in German.
Image.jpg

O.K. Folks -- I managed to spend most of the day between my Primary Doctor, the pharmacy, and then a sonogram of the heart at a different facility 45 miles away.
I just hung up the phone talking to my Primary with Kaiser a few min ago.
He informed me that I have HEART FAILURE!
We have changed a bunch of meds (again) - and added a few new ones.
That is all the information I have at this time. He is trying to get set up appointments with various folks in those departments.
That is all the info I have to pass on at this time.

Good evening Shop Dwellers. Figured I should probably post tonight while I've got the chance, since the NWS is predicting some wicked winds from the same storm system that spawned the tornado in Mikey's region and we'll probably lose power. That has been happening a lot more frequently over the past year. In the mid-2000's the electric company trimmed a large number of trees away from the power lines leading into my neighborhood and we hardly ever had any outages. But now I'm afraid new growth has re-infested what they cleared away, because nowadays we typically get at least 1 brief (~2 hrs) outage whenever the sustained winds go above 20mph. At least the outside temp will be well above the freezing mark, so frozen pipes won't be a concern.

Sherrell - hopefully the docs will find a medicine combo that can bring your heart issue back under control; I'm doubling up my prayers for you!

OB Ken - I'll also be praying for you as well regarding that job interview.

Justin - sorry to hear all the issues your having with DCC. Hope you won't let these bad experiences kill it for you. I started out with Digitrax but switched over to NCE which, as Karl indicated, seems to be a lot more user-friendly.

On the model rr front, I've been s-l-o-w-l-y getting underway with my work on the motorizing mechanism for my rotary coal dumper. Every time I think I'm ready to start the actual construction, I discover yet another tool or material that I need but can't find. So far I've made 5 separate trips to the local HD to fill in these gaps. Also adding to the delay is the fact that I'm finding clearance issues under the layout surface where I'll be installing the machine. I got rid of one on Tuesday after much sweat and cussing, then today when I crawled under the layout to figure out placement, I encountered yet another obstacle that was hidden from any topside viewing angle. Looks like I'm gonna have to temporarily remove some structures and tear up some track to correct this problem. *sigh* I just have to grit my teeth and keep my "eyes on the prize."

Good Night - and have a Pleasant Tomorrow!

The storms have blown away and the rain is only misty now.
Last week, i talked about how to paint people, The 6 children in the picture had to be removed from the sprue and their heads sanded smooth before painting their hair.
While putting my Chevy model cars back on the shelf, I found several other figures bare or partially painted. Now, all the figures are painted and ready to join my cache of painted figures.

Attachments

• 20220217_101143.jpg
    20220217_101143.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 62
O.K. Folks -- I managed to spend most of the day between my Primary Doctor, the pharmacy, and then a sonogram of the heart at a different facility 45 miles away.
I just hung up the phone talking to my Primary with Kaiser a few min ago.
He informed me that I have HEART FAILURE!
We have changed a bunch of meds (again) - and added a few new ones.
That is all the information I have at this time. He is trying to get set up appointments with various folks in those departments.
That is all the info I have to pass on at this time.
Damn, sorry to hear that. I'm praying for ya, Sherrel, and pulling for ya. Hope the new med combination stabilizes things for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back