Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Japan prototypes.

Most of these are various Shinkansen though the Panda train is a non Shinkansen "express" that runs in Osaka out to Wakayama IIRC. The next pic is a cab car form one of these non-Shinkansen express and the green one is a commuter rail (I think a JR 205 series) and I think it was in Kyoto or in Osaka headed to Kyoto. Again, from memory. The teal Shinkansen is JR East and runs north and east of Tokyo and is also used by JR Hokkaido. The last two are the Disney monorail. IMG_1671.jpegIMG_1576.jpegIMG_1650.jpegIMG_1457.jpegIMG_1459.jpegIMG_1714.jpegIMG_1708.jpegIMG_1253.jpegIMG_2413.jpegIMG_2420.jpeg

Yet more from Japan.

The NEX is the Tokyo Narita Express. The blue one with my son standing by it is an E7 or W& Shinkansen (a class used by both JR West and JR East for the Hokuriku Shinkansen Line). The next two are Shinkansen (I think E2 and E3) from JR East. And then some Hokkaido trains from our 2019 visit.IMG_2485.jpegIMG_2453.jpegIMG_1793.jpegIMG_2177.jpegIMG_1803.jpegIMG_1802.jpegIMG_1987.jpegIMG_1870.jpegIMG_1866.jpegIMG_1857.jpeg

Boris - like the fire engine you posted Saturday morning
Thanks Dave. I know they are somewhat off topic for a railroad forum, but some backgrounds provide numerous details about period architecture, much still around today. Additionally it's neat to realize those machines pumped quite a lot of water in their day, and they are cool.

I enjoy seeing your layout photos.

Mixed nuts, sounds like our forum!

I'm betting I'm the biggest, I call Brazil nut!
Really, and there's me thinking more of coco nut, Oh!, sorry that's me. 🤣
Yet more from Japan.

The NEX is the Tokyo Narita Express. The blue one with my son standing by it is an E7 or W& Shinkansen (a class used by both JR West and JR East for the Hokuriku Shinkansen Line). The next two are Shinkansen (I think E2 and E3) from JR East. And then some Hokkaido trains from our 2019 visit.View attachment 141748View attachment 141749View attachment 141750View attachment 141751View attachment 141752View attachment 141753View attachment 141754View attachment 141755View attachment 141756View attachment 141757
One country I would love to visit, lucky you. I think I'm quite jealous of you. :)

Good afternoon gang!

44° and breezy, OMG it feels like spring! Looks like our warming trend has begun! Woo Hoo!

I'll have the table saw out soon ripping up splines for subroadbed soon enough! I have settled (I think) on the new LED lighting for the basement/train room. (https://www.homedepot.com/p/InfiBri...it-Wet-Rated-24-Pack-001-5-9W-HL-24/318420162)

Checking light spacing it looks like I will be using all 24 lights.

Maybe I can catch a sun tan!;)

One country I would love to visit, lucky you. I think I'm quite jealous of you. :)

It helps that my wife is from Japan and so we go regularly to visit her family (was every 2 years more or less, sometimes adjusted a little shorter or longer to change the season of the year). At least through summer 2019. With Covid restrictions we have not yet gotten there since our summer 2019 trip.

I used to visit Europe somewhat regularly (a few times in the 90s) but since I got married in 2000, we only went once (in 2000 a few months after getting married and in 2016 to pick up our Volvo). So most all my travels have been to Japan or inside the US the last 20 years. I was scheduled to take my daighter to France/Germany/Cech Republic for 2 weeks in 2020 (for a reunion of mine) but Covid killed that :(

It helps that my wife is from Japan and so we go regularly to visit her family (was every 2 years more or less, sometimes adjusted a little shorter or longer to change the season of the year). At least through summer 2019. With Covid restrictions we have not yet gotten there since our summer 2019 trip.

I used to visit Europe somewhat regularly (a few times in the 90s) but since I got married in 2000, we only went once (in 2000 a few months after getting married and in 2016 to pick up our Volvo). So most all my travels have been to Japan or inside the US the last 20 years. I was scheduled to take my daighter to France/Germany/Cech Republic for 2 weeks in 2020 (for a reunion of mine) but Covid killed that :(
Shame, but most people are rescheduling reunions and suchlike, so you may still get the opportunity later in the year.

I have a dental appointment around noon. Spousal Unit is insisting on a "new" set of dentures. I hate to spend the money, but if it makes her happy? I think she is tired of watching me "Super Glue" them back together.
Sherrel: I hear ya on the dentures...I have to go also, keep putting it off because dental work is a budget buster right now.

Wow Karl, that's going to make a real bright room. Once my tubes go, I'm going to replace them with LED tubes. Did that in the kitchen, and only had to replace one fixture. Difference is noticeable.

Good afternoon gang!

44° and breezy, OMG it feels like spring! Looks like our warming trend has begun! Woo Hoo!

I'll have the table saw out soon ripping up splines for subroadbed soon enough! I have settled (I think) on the new LED lighting for the basement/train room. (https://www.homedepot.com/p/InfiBri...it-Wet-Rated-24-Pack-001-5-9W-HL-24/318420162)

Maybe I can catch a sun tan!;)
Unfortunately I get access denied when I try, I'll have to look it up later.

Afternoon All,

Started out in the train room today fixing the messed-up parts of ballasting I did yesterday and realized I also needed to do another stub track and 2 T/O's. After that I started working on the framing of the road rail crossing that will go to the parking lot for the icehouse area. More of the same tomorrow. Thursday, I have an eye appointment and probably new glasses and a haircut on Friday.

Jaz- That's quite the change from the mess. Very nice homemade storage boxes.

Rene- Welcome. Great layout scene and load.

Patrick- Nice looking GP9.

Steve- When I started this layout I got a similar pair, but after about a week they wouldn't work so now I use an Exacto knife to cut the insulation. I wish you better luck. Congrats on finishing the loop. Running trains yet?

Chad- The Kato boxes look like books in a library. Interesting loco/car photos.

Dave- Those were nice scenes.

Willie- Great looking videos. I always thought a U-Boat was a German Submarine! :D

Not as messy as some, but very messy for me.
layout1.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back