Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The storage unit should have insurance to replace that and all damage?

Usually the insurance coverage for the renter's belongings and personal property is the responsibility of the renter. This is true for most businesses, rental property and storage units.

Just like if a rented store in a shopping center catches on fire and damages the units on either side of where the fire started, each renter of the units carries their own fire insurance and the insurance carrier for each unit pays for the fire to each individual unit.

Check your rental agreement for the specifics on your unit.

Sorry to hear about the theft.

Good Morning Everyone....partly sunny right now in this part of Wisconsin. Every day without any snow is a day closer to Spring, but I've seen snow in May that required plowing.

Puppy sitting for Riley today at least until 3:00 PM after which Riley has Puppy Classes for a hour. She'll sleep for several hours and then playtime.

Planning on watching some train videos and weathering U-Tube projects.

That's all short and sweet.

Greg

#################

Good evening. Been busy plowing snow again. Didn't get much new snow but the wind did cause a lot of drifting, right at the end of my driveway. What should have been a half hour job took three because the temperatures were up into the high 40's. When you thought something was cleared, a half hour later it had melted some and had to be done again. Whooped my but yesterday. Still have some lingering virus issues.

Sherrel - Sure hoping for the best for your family. Comes in 3's?

Willie -Glad that you got the plumbing issues taken care of. What a mess down there.

Jaz Avalley - Excellent photos. Very nice looking layout. Feel free to post more photos.

Today was lunch in town Tuesday. Starting to get taste back. I understand that some of the symptoms may hang around for a while.

Tuesday our little Molly wanted outside and as I opened the door, our resident rabbit say Molly and took off clearing the snow piled along the driveway in a single bound. Molly took off but had a problem trying to climb up the snow which was piled three to four feet high. She didn't get the rabbit.
View attachment 125236View attachment 125237

Guess it's back to the archives for photos.

View attachment 125238View attachment 125239View attachment 125243View attachment 125244View attachment 125245View attachment 125246View attachment 125247View attachment 125248

Later
From the photo it looks like an undocked Doberman but you say little so I am guessing not,what breed is she please,gotta love a dog

Good morning y'all. It is 34 and dark. However is is not raining and there is widely scattering light on the horizon.

Flo- Coffee and my plate of bacon please. I didn't run into Sherrel yesterday, so I ate the bacon I was saving for him. No since in letting it go to waste after all, When you see him this morning, slide him a plate on me.

Ok. down to other matters.

Troy- Good luck on your chipmunk relocation.

TomO- I have always found a good drive to be a way of clearing out the cobwebs and shaking off the cooped up funk. Sorry to hear that you son is getting taken through the ringer by his electric company. Also in my experience, rarely does anything good ever follow the phrase "as you know".

Sherrel- Congrats and prayers. It may be time to sit the girls down and explain how babies are made. 🤣

Greg- Don't they know the dangers of having an unprotected coil? 😱

Jaz a- Metaphorical donuts and coffee are fine, unless you have somehow brought Wonkavision to reality and can send real ones. 😄 That one is acceptable for now. Is that a mural on the side of a building? Sad to hear about your neighbors goats. People can be so awful.

Willie- Sounds like Texas weather is a lot like South Carolina weather: made up and WTF inducing. 😂

Garry- Sorry to hear about your boat. As I mentioned above, people can be so awful.

Terry- And they wonder why we hate them.

Chet- Glad to hear you are recovering nicely. Your picture makes me cold. Perhaps she will have better luck next time. More fantastic shots of the layout. I hope you are able to continue modeling on some scale after the move.

IBKen- Snow is bad enough, but ice just plain sucks. Have you considered investing in a flamethower? Or are there local ordinances against that?

Managed to have a productive day yesterday. Productive, but not as profitable as I would like. I did get some cash in, and am ready now to install the insulation in my MILs shed on Friday, when the rains return. 😑 Got a trailer load of trash out of the way so we can get to the walls. After the insulation will come shelves. She sees storage, I see wasted layout space, but sadly it is not my shed so 🤷‍♂️. I'd much rather have the loft in the barn anyway. So much space, so many possibilities. Waiting for the temperature to be more comfortable outside before heading to the dump and off to work. I think I'll use my time wisely and sketch out a variant for my future Crossroads additions.

Y'all have a blessed day.
I am friends with a number of modellers even some American ...grins...and I had a wall on the layout that could not be seen from the centre walkway so I added some Easter eggs, I used the modellers online names and something they specifically liked and painted the wall there is examples of murals in train stations so there was an element of railway modelling, plus if you walk down you will never see it you have to lean over...some I am guessing you would like to see more...twitches eye brows lol
28079BC4-688F-48CD-98F1-4A79BD8D7F65.jpeg

part of 3 for a dads army tv theme but using pictures of the modellers,wolf is easynewbryford liked the graffiti leachate cat which is well known wagon graffiti artist anyone knows him can advice the railway authorities they would like a word
6112634A-F251-4B4C-AF36-B594B824C797.jpeg

rslr is a star trek fan,mini driver is the daughter or an ex pilot so his badge and her face,al went with a photograph,jukebox is an Aussie need I say more,a martial arts and a steampunk cosplay fan
271BA224-26F1-47C4-9643-25029E66616F.jpeg

a welsh rugby fan..technical welsh dragons are red but this one is green so the scarlets shows up
Good morning y'all. It is 34 and dark. However is is not raining and there is widely scattering light on the horizon.

Flo- Coffee and my plate of bacon please. I didn't run into Sherrel yesterday, so I ate the bacon I was saving for him. No since in letting it go to waste after all, When you see him this morning, slide him a plate on me.

TomO- I have always found a good drive to be a way of clearing out the cobwebs and shaking off the cooped up funk. Sorry to hear that you son is getting taken through the ringer by his electric company. Also in my experience, rarely does anything good ever follow the phrase "as you know".

Sherrel- Congrats and prayers. It may be time to sit the girls down and explain how babies are made. 🤣

Jaz a- Metaphorical donuts and coffee are fine, unless you have somehow brought Wonkavision to reality and can send real ones. 😄 That one is acceptable for now. Is that a mural on the side of a building? Sad to hear about your neighbors goats. People can be so awful.

Willie- Sounds like Texas weather is a lot like South Carolina weather: made up and WTF inducing. 😂

Garry- Sorry to hear about your boat. As I mentioned above, people can be so awful.

Chet- Glad to hear you are recovering nicely. Your picture makes me cold. Perhaps she will have better luck next time. More fantastic shots of the layout. I hope you are able to continue modeling on some scale after the move.

IBKen- Snow is bad enough, but ice just plain sucks. Have you considered investing in a flamethower? Or are there local ordinances against that?

Managed to have a productive day yesterday. Productive, but not as profitable as I would like. I did get some cash in, and am ready now to install the insulation in my MILs shed on Friday, when the rains return. 😑 Got a trailer load of trash out of the way so we can get to the walls. After the insulation will come shelves. She sees storage, I see wasted layout space, but sadly it is not my shed so 🤷‍♂️. I'd much rather have the loft in the barn anyway. So much space, so many possibilities. Waiting for the temperature to be more comfortable outside before heading to the dump and off to work. I think I'll use my time wisely and sketch out a variant for my future Crossroads additions.

Attachments

• 117E0381-DAD1-4238-A5DC-BB971450D55D.jpeg
    117E0381-DAD1-4238-A5DC-BB971450D55D.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 118

I am friends with a number of modellers even some American ...grins...and I had a wall on the layout that could not be seen from the centre walkway so I added some Easter eggs, I used the modellers online names and something they specifically liked and painted the wall there is examples of murals in train stations so there was an element of railway modelling, plus if you walk down you will never see it you have to lean over...some I am guessing you would like to see more...twitches eye brows lol
View attachment 125271
part of 3 for a dads army tv theme but using pictures of the modellers,wolf is easynewbryford liked the graffiti leachate cat which is well known wagon graffiti artist anyone knows him can advice the railway authorities they would like a word
View attachment 125272
rslr is a star trek fan,mini driver is the daughter or an ex pilot so his badge and her face,al went with a photograph,jukebox is an Aussie need I say more,a martial arts and a steampunk cosplay fan
View attachment 125273
a welsh rugby fan..technical welsh dragons are red but this one is green so the scarlets shows up, I have loads more here’s a taster..apologies it uploaded twice in 2 different ways I thin I just confused the server lol.

jaz, thanks for explaining the mural. I love it. In the short time you have been with us you have most likely noticed, this group loves pictures. Model, real and not always trains are appreciated.

My trip to Illinois was a refresh for me. I started out to head for Hiawatha Hobby 70 miles away and when I got to the turn on I94 instead of left I went right, 138 miles. This morning at 8 I had my eye exam, she was impressed I dropped 35#’s. Nothing of real concern has changed but again another doctor warning me about my diabetes!

I have not posted any pictures for a few days, but here you go:

4 additional box cars have arrived for hauling goods out of the paper mill, the safety stripes will be added maybe this weekend. I ordered more from Smokebox Graphics as I couldn’t find my batch.

6755EF69-FC89-423E-8E6B-EC2428083835.jpeg

a gondola with cover. The cover is used by CN to cover raw material commodities like copper aggregate, stone and dirty dirty from soil reclamation projects. I may just use them for coil covers. But Greg’s report yesterday about uncovered coils in transport is IMO unusual. The steel coils are way too expensive to be left uncovered. 2 more covers ordered and then all 3 will be weathered together

D0621E92-B224-4347-AFC0-0D237C4D9CFA.jpeg

3 of 4 grain bins awaiting the landing platforms
CD4EE73D-9C03-47CE-8E4E-FFD5F2B8FDB7.jpeg

The landings and railings for the grain bins

C9130F12-A243-4F8D-B287-976EEDCA4AC9.jpeg

TomO

Mornin' folks!

After getting 6 inches of snow Monday nite.......today we are having a heat wave of 37 degrees or higher hopefully higher. I am so done with o'l man winter. Still burning wood to keep from burning oil when I am home. Prices as you all know are going up and up. Gas here is now 2.78 It will make it 3 bucks before end of the month which is in 4 days. It's like a race who gets there first. :mad:

Well I am hoping to work on the LEDs this weekend for the layout. Then follow-up with the valance.

I have not heard back from Jerome after reaching out to him a few times. I am sure he is doing fine just busy. I did see he posted last week or so ago on one of the Buy/sell/trade FB account looking for 40' High Cubes cars in good condition. He probably just laying low. I do that time after time too.

I did order a few cars on FB got 4 cars for $25 including shipping so I did good there. Still looking for the elusive transfer caboose by Bluford. I will find it.

24 more days until Spring......and 36 days until I launch my boat to kick off my fishing season rain or shine.

Flo & Mel I will take a chicken biscuit with bacon and a tall OJ to go!

Later gang!

James, do you know what FB sales site you saw Jerome? I have quite a few baby Hicubes of Athearn BB variety.

TomO

Good afternoon. Going to make it quick today. Have a few projects going that I have to get back to.

Greg - You have to post some more photos of Riley.

TomO - Like the grain bins. A lot of work went into them I bet.

Jaz Avalley - Again, like the photos. Nice work.

Jesse
- When the trains are gone from the basement, that will most likely be the end of me when it comes to modeling unfortunately. The old eyeballs aren't as good as they used to be when it comes to close up work.

Willie
- Nice ro see someone scratch building. Nice work.

Guess I'll bore you with a few more photos from the archives.

IMAG0503.jpg
IMAG0504.jpg
IMAG0103.jpg
IMAG0113.jpg
IMAG0171.jpg
IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

Later

Been a busy day so far. I planted lettuce and broccoli in the garden while catching up on the laundry and went for the second Covid vaccination. Vaccination site is at Texas Motor Speedway about 40 miles away. It went a lot quicker than the first shot. They had 16 vaccination stations versus 4 at the high school athletic complex and there was no waiting until the mandatory 15 minute wait after the inoculation for possible side effects. 80 mile round trip, and 15 minute wait took just under 2 hours. Oh, and we stopped by the post office on the way home to pick up a package. Might still get some time in the train shed today. I am also expecting a cord of firewood to be delivered yet this afternoon. The last two weeks was more than my stockpile could stand. Then my wife and I are going out to eat to celebrate life with water.

Flo- sorry i missed breakfast call this morning, but had to settle for pig in a blanket and donut from local donut shop at 6:00 am.

Willie - your second shot experience was better than ours. We went to Dallas Fair Park for the operation set up by Dallas County and FEMA. They really need to get their act together. Got in long snaking line at 7:00 am and wound our way through all kinds of lines. Got our shots and left Fair Park at 11:00 am. They could learn a few things from the guys at the Speedway or Chick-fil-A. But then what do you expect from the geniuses from Dallas County. Just very thankful that we were able to complete the process!

Good evening, everybody .

Thanks for all the comments about about my post describing a theft incident.I think there was more than one their and they were "shopping" in various storage units they broke into. Other units had much larger losses than ours.

Greg is correct. Insurance is the responsibility of the renter. We're stuck.

Tomorrow is another busy day for me. i have appointments in Nashville.

Have a good night.

Been a busy day so far. I planted lettuce and broccoli in the garden while catching up on the laundry and went for the second Covid vaccination. Vaccination site is at Texas Motor Speedway about 40 miles away. It went a lot quicker than the first shot. They had 16 vaccination stations versus 4 at the high school athletic complex and there was no waiting until the mandatory 15 minute wait after the inoculation for possible side effects. 80 mile round trip, and 15 minute wait took just under 2 hours. Oh, and we stopped by the post office on the way home to pick up a package. Might still get some time in the train shed today. I am also expecting a cord of firewood to be delivered yet this afternoon. The last two weeks was more than my stockpile could stand. Then my wife and I are going out to eat to celebrate life with water.
I keep goats which is not usual in the Uk so once again I am in an American group for goats,they were bemoaning the weather,one said she moved to Texas to get away from the cold weather and it followed her! Another said the cold has stopped her water,there was no pump locally and it was Presidents’ Day so no shops to buy water,so she was literally reduced to melting icicles on her wood stove,she clearly was lucky to have enough wood last,amazingly a friend here in the uk lost her water for 3vdays they attached a tap to their inlet but had to bucket water to over 30 goats as well as horses ducks and chickens,2020/2021is certainly setting firsts. Thankfully our hobbies keep us sane,and a place where you can get a laugh with people is a godsend very happy to have found you. Thank you for all the comments and likes

and a picture or two, from toy to model
554604BB-F99E-48C9-807D-4236EF6F25E2.jpeg

D4D19D26-C901-4B05-ABB9-F97EF99C8B4C.jpeg

0190FFF2-47F8-45FA-947D-77CA996DBD50.jpeg
F836B744-6840-4C31-9B5B-3F8A648F4038.jpeg
E872AB66-B2BD-44B6-A969-16E9791BF0CD.jpeg
2F2C0CFD-1EA7-4980-8ED6-F92C54BFE13A.jpeg
2E485D5A-B295-4243-A344-71AEBF7776D4.jpeg
5C3DF8B9-5E20-4DE6-B3D7-DA63558B20CF.jpeg
C85440F5-DFAF-47B7-8CB1-71B74B9C6AF0.jpeg

Well got to a whopping 56 degrees today still at 41. Put a good dent in the snow pack. Went to the train club tonight, not much going on with the guys other than home projects that they been doing. Hopefully in another month we can get back to some club projects as about 1/2 the guys are vaccinated.

Good evening. Nice in Wisconsin today. I drove to Lombard Hobbies in Illinois today. Stupid trip but I feel better.

The son got an email today from his electric company. It started with, “as you know” then went on to explain that in a billing change last year that the billing system is based on a variable rate. My kid says no way would he have agreed to a variable rate on anything. He saw 2 friends lose their houses in the Wall Street fiasco on variable mortgages. But, the whole system it says has been billed that way since summer of 2020. Basically the email informed the people that the billing this month will be substantially higher but didn’t say how much. His said his HOA neighborhood email/chat/text group is going bonkers. Seems nobody remembers being notified of this change. It was easy for me to say relax as I am not living it but he isn’t thrilled with anything today. He did say just on his street he had 3 neighbors say they callEd real estate folks to put the houses up for sale per neighborhood email/chat/text lists. All 3 have been there less then a year.

TomO
Banks are cashing in no mistake,if a customer defaults they just scoop the house up, we had a mortgage payment insrance 30 years ago when I got pregnant and had no maternity cover we handed the house back so it could go up for sale they held it the full 12 months of insurance the market had dive bombed but the instant the insurance ended miraculously they sold it, that debt escalated 6 times luckily we both got good jobs managed to get the 25 percent deposit to get back in the market and people used to say redecorate your house buy a new car, go on holiday, nope we just overpaid that mortgage until we were debt free,and we never ever took a debt or a loan for nothing after,couldn’t pay cash didn’t buy it,we are on easy street now but they make loans look so attractive learning To do without turned us around,now of course your savings devalue in front of your eyes,and banks want to charge massive loan percentage but expect to get away with looking after your savings,and the government makes no attempt to stop the robbery,we have to hope these vaccines work,that our government don’t break over the costs although they can just tax us to save themselves every twist and turn is like a straight jacket,and WHO is telling us help help the poor countries,I am sorry get us safe first make havens we’re we can cope then help the other countries I know it seems harsh but if we are all only a little bit vaccines and it mutates to some super bug...we’ll all be falling off the cliff, sorry rant over

Well got to a whopping 56 degrees today still at 41. Put a good dent in the snow pack. Went to the train club tonight, not much going on with the guys other than home projects that they been doing. Hopefully in another month we can get back to some club projects as about 1/2 the guys are vaccinated.
Am I correct in assuming 41 is latitude as America is so big,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back