Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's sunset in Cambria. The sun is slowly moving into place where some pics can be taken as the days get longer.
IMG_3969.jpg

Morning all,

On late due to a change of scenery here at city hall. I had a change in offices, so my computer, etc. all had to be moved to a new office, so I've been busy getting my computer and new desk setup. PITA.

Oh well. the hard part is done. I still need to restage my work desk for when I actually need to stage a server\computer.

Good morning y'all.

Flo- Coffee, please. Also my usual plate of bacon, but today I would like to add a buttered English muffin as well. Better bring a little strawberry jam as well. Thank you.

It is not raining...yet. It looms on the western horizon however and will be rearing its head soon. It has already affected the temperature. At 6 am it was 50 and felt as such. 3 hours later we are at 48 with a feel of 45.

No news from the Crossroads, everything is still at a standstill. Perhaps with the incoming rain I will find time over the next week to get back to it.

I'll probably be lurking around for a bit, then headed out to insulate my MILs shed. Waste of a perfectly good train room in my opinion, but having it available for storage will be helpful. I'm still salivating over the barn loft anyway. Much more space for my railroad empire.

Y'all have a blessed day.

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 44°, headed up to 60° today after a night of thunderstorms that left .70" of rain in the gauge. Perfect timing for the lettuce, arugula and broccoli that I planted in the garden earlier this week. Spent all day yesterday catching up with the laundry and dishwashing after the water fiasco. My wife is in high demand at work and went in on her day off to partially catch up with dropped off tax returns. She is the only preparer in her office who can do farms, foreign income, rental property and other complicated returns. At $31/hr, why not! Plus additional commissions on certain forms as well. Due to the domestic duties, I never got to that cord of firewood on the side of the driveway. Rain kept the plumber away, so we're still living with the reversed hot/cold water in the bathrooms! I got on the scales this morning after about two weeks of not using them and was surprised that even with the lack of my usual outdoor activity, I had lost another 8#. No wonder my pants are slipping downward!

A couple of breakfast burritos for me this morning Flo, sausage, cheese and egg; with a bowl of spicy salsa on the side.

Thanks as always to everyone who liked or commented on my modeling progress yesterday; Rick, Justin, Karl, Patrick, Hughie, Troy, Jaz, Tom O, James, Gary, Tom, Guy.

Yesterday was a bust in the train shed. I started by running a couple of trains, the second one was really dragging and making funny noises. I removed the Kato SD45 lead loco after determining that it was the problem and disassembled it over on the workbench. Kato diesel engines have a "press-fit" drive shaft end that goes into the flywheel, which had come out. After a couple of futile attempts to get it seated back in place, I nailed it and reassembled the engine, but could not get either coupler box in place. Something was keeping the shell from seating properly on the chassis. Spent 45 minutes looking and trying to see what the problem was. In the process I popped the worm gear cover/retainer off and one of the trucks and it is now dangling loose. I set it down and left it for this morning rather than continue with frustrating attempts. Those always lead to bad things for me. Now I will have to disconnect wiring, remove the circuit board, remove the weight, and reassemble the truck. Hopefully I didn't break the cover/retainer.Thankfully for the crew, the remaining SD45 was able to pull the train to the next available passing siding and clear the main line.

That brings us to the invariable visit to the archives for some photos.
Whoops! I found a picture of me in a hotel room after getting dressed for my daughter's wedding in 2012.
04-28-12 003.JPG

OK, enough of this senseless self-promotion.
I came across a few that I took during the construction phase of my twelve track staging yard. This was the first part of my layout that I built in January 2013.
01-13-13 001.JPG

01-13-13 002.JPG

These are all built on a 2' x 16' section. I have since extended the five tracks on the right in the second picture by another 45" that fit behind the open train shed door.
01-18-20 004.JPG

The yard in use.
01-19-20 001.001.JPG

JazzDad - Hope the CT scan went well for you.
Tom O - I like to take short scenic trips for mental refreshment as well; especially if they end up at hobby shops. I like your idea of gluing the Lego blocks together. I always just reassembled the jigs each time. I have now lost my Lego supply to grandkids.
Jaz - Most excellent work on the dragons. I see that you couldn't resist getting a self portrait into one of the pictures! ;)
That abandoned switch tower (is that is what it is) looks really realistic.

So it's Friday already! I am looking forward to the weekend although life will be almost the same.
Everybody have a great day and an awesome weekend.

Good morning from Wisconsin. High today should get to the low 40’s. It is very bright and 25 at this time.

11am I have to go get my wife’s new car. I test drove it to Hiawatha Hobbies and back yesterday. Terry drove the same model car on Monday as she and my sister went to a different island in the 50th state to do it. Once I was desk based at work after being on the road daily for 25+ years we now rarely hang on to a car over 60,000 miles. By then the included maintenance has expired. Prior to that I drove Taurus from Ford and when they got to 100,000 handed them down to the next kid. It was a great road warrior car.

Touch up paint, add the last landing when I figure out where the grain bins will be situated aPITA section of the grain complex will be done. The next 8 I have will wait till there are train shows and I can sell them. I won’t build them until the grain complex is done. I have learned many new things for building these kits and #1 is don’t try to build 4 at once, there is no time savings.

TomO

front end Friday
B2CDC3D7-827A-4A9C-8915-27981DD8D0C1.jpeg

Good morning, everybody ....

Willie .... You look great all dressed up like that! That is quite a fleet of Santa Fe locos.

Jaz .... The old control tower looks very good.

My medical appointments went well. The doctor says the cancer tumor surgical removed several months ago is 100% gone. Now I can deal with all the other health issues.

Everybody: ..... Happy model railroading

36369787610_b93039834e_b.jpg

Many years ago, I came back from vacation to find my office had been moved across town. I went there, and my desk and all my stuff had been taken there and was waiting for me.
You were lucky , I knew some people that had their job moved overseas to Europe to train people for manufacturing , when it was complete , they were fired . Not only did they not have job anymore , but no home in the US to come back to, and they were stuck in Europe with not even a plane ticket.

Ok breakfast, raw oatmeal,creamtop milk,desiccated coconut plain or berry Greek yogurt,half a dozen almonds and some strawberry coulis, If I’m being good ...or....strawberry cream scone(s) the other half will have bacon sarnies with brown sauce if the bacon is not upto snuff, I’ll take a water because I only drink coffee with alcohol and cream....and English I maybe but I hate black tea and rarely drink green tea unless eating Chinese,if I remember I’ll take a photo tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back