Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. Clear and 42°, going up to 70° today. I'll be brief this morning as I am headed to the grocery store in a few minutes to get an early start on the hoarders. It's been eleven days and I need cheese and veggies, plus iced coffee for my wife.
Plumber came by yesterday evening and got half the job done, but ran out of material. Due to the number of leaks, we're replacing two 25' sections of 1/2" copper pipe. He only had enough on the truck to replace one of them. He'll be back today to finish the job. He has the material back at the shop.

Everybody have a great day.

Morning all,

Clear and 34° in Doo-Dah this morning with a predicted high of 68°. Back to 50° tomorrow and mid-50's the remainder of the next 7 days (or so they say now). 50's are about normal for this time of year.

Flooring guy really moved on the son's floors. He missed removing the sheet vinyl in front of the front entry, so I had the boy text him about it. Otherwise, so far it's looking a lot better. Cheaper to have the wood floors redone than to to even put carpet back over them. Besides everyone seems to like the wood floors anymore. I still hate them as we (siblings and I) used to get splinters on them when we were kids, and they were always cold.

Covid test was negative, knew it would be. I'll catch it next week instead! LOL

Willie: Hope your plumber get finished for you quickly.

Good morning y'all. No rain today! We got another good drenching yesterday, but it was cleared out by early afternoon. This morning it is clear, but chilly. Currently 36, but supposedly we'll see a high around 63 today. Shaping up to be a beautiful day.

Flo- I'll have my coffee and bacon in my corner please, I have some catching up to do. I'd like to get that done before breakfast.

Greetings all...

Glad to see the Texans are getting their homes back together.

We're finally above freezing for both the highs and lows this week. So our 11+ inches of snow is melting.

I finally got smart, and called my realtor, who helped us purchase this place a year ago. I asked him for a roofing handyman referral.

Seems when I called the Chimney/Dryer vent sweeps back in Nov, they refuse to work on metal roof over a certain pitch until it's nice and dry weather. November in NE Indiana is anything but. So after a two week wait, they refuse the call and drive away...

What's the problem you ask? Cousins of this little fella...

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.24.06 AM.png

Seems a family of munks has moved into our dryer vent. Up on the roof.

I ran a clean out rod and brush up through the vent from the clothes dryer, until I started to get sticks and twigs. Hmmmm... that's when I called the pros. Because they're going to have to replace the critter screen on the vent. I don't have a ladder (at all) so I won't be getting on the roof.

But, since end of Nov, every time we do laundry, we spend an hour or more per load blowing hot air up chipmunk rears. They're loving it, I'm sure.

So, Friday, between noon and two, the roof guy is coming out. Fingers crossed that the chipmunks get relocated, and we get a critter screen installed.

Alright, time for the morning feast. Flo, two scrambled eggs, hash browns, better make it a double, two sausage links, one of Mel's secret stash Ribeyes, and a second pile of bacon please.

Willie- Glad to hear that you will have water again today.

Patrick- Congrats on being Covid free!

Jaz avalley- Welcome. Beautiful layout shots. Pop in any time, just remember that it is customary to occasional buy a round of coffee, donuts, or bacon for the patrons. Looking forward to seeing more from your layout.

2Tracks- Nice car mover. Never seen anything quite like that. Looks like it would be a neat modeling opportunity.

Started sketching out some ideas for the Phase 2 and Phase 3 annexations in Nathan's Crossroads. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have them to share. Working on a few different configurations, so it may take some time to settle on one and then acquire the needed materials. I know one addition will contain downtown, but the other is still up in the air. It will either contain more industry or just tracks and a river with other scenery.

Y'all have a blessed day. Going to have to head out soon to unload the insulation we picked up yesterday and try to haul off some trash.

Good morning from warming Wisconsin. 37f degrees heading into the 40’s. we will have snow melting today. Frustration is still casting its ugly shadow around my modeling. My attempt today to kill off this funk is a scenic drive that just may end 70 miles away at a hobby shop. Or 126 miles away at a Illinois hobby shop. I have to get out of the house for sure.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Morning from the SW! Supposed to be 76 later - the high yesterday was 79. What can Isay = not a cloud anywhere!
Behind in reading 4 pages here, and doubtful that I will catch up today.
Leaving in about 15 for the hospital to drop off the Spousal Unit for her knee workover.
The local daughter, who was let out of the hospital for a few days, had to be rushed back yesterday morning due to her complications and as of 6 pm almost on the nose I am the proud GPAW of an 8th GSON - that's 2 from each daughter - enough already.
Baby and Daughter both are not fully out of the woods but doing pretty well!

Later -- Spousal Unit says time to roll!

Hold on to some of that bacon, Jesse!

Sherrel- Hope your daughter and her baby recover quickly.

Well I think the weather guessers got thing mixed up as usual. Yesterday was supposed to be an inch or less we got 4" and today was supposed to be 2" and we got rain for 5 minutes and that's it. I could tell by the radar that it was going to miss us.

Good Morning Everyone.....sunny and mild in this part of Wisconsin. Great snow melting and ice from the roofs. The piles of snow of dropping by five inches a day right now.

I forgot to mention that when we were at DuPlainville rail fanning I could believe the number of cord cars on one train. Plus, I couldn't believe the number of coil cars that had their hoods removed and the steel coils exposed to the weather. It must be a short trip for the unprotected coils.

I'm enjoying my subscription to TrainMastersTV and the instruction videos that they produce. And, yesterday I found video cab rides for the North Metro Model Railroad club in Minnesota. Here's the link to the first video:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...B5CE46475951DCD87C7BB5C&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Not much to report in the model railroading area. My back has improved over the past weeks, but my legs get tired in a short time.

That's about it for now.............

Greg

#####################

Alright, time for the morning feast. Flo, two scrambled eggs, hash browns, better make it a double, two sausage links, one of Mel's secret stash Ribeyes, and a second pile of bacon please.

Willie- Glad to hear that you will have water again today.

Patrick- Congrats on being Covid free!

Jaz avalley- Welcome. Beautiful layout shots. Pop in any time, just remember that it is customary to occasional buy a round of coffee, donuts, or bacon for the patrons. Looking forward to seeing more from your layout.

2Tracks- Nice car mover. Never seen anything quite like that. Looks like it would be a neat modeling opportunity.

Started sketching out some ideas for the Phase 2 and Phase 3 annexations in Nathan's Crossroads. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have them to share. Working on a few different configurations, so it may take some time to settle on one and then acquire the needed materials. I know one addition will contain downtown, but the other is still up in the air. It will either contain more industry or just tracks and a river with other scenery.

Y'all have a blessed day. Going to have to head out soon to unload the insulation we picked up yesterday and try to haul off some trash.
Is this metaphorical coffee and donuts or real.....and does this get me a pass? Modelled on my layout
89E45B52-47C3-436F-812C-883E5FC734BC.jpeg

Morning from the SW! Supposed to be 76 later - the high yesterday was 79. What can Isay = not a cloud anywhere!
Behind in reading 4 pages here, and doubtful that I will catch up today.
Leaving in about 15 for the hospital to drop off the Spousal Unit for her knee workover.
The local daughter, who was let out of the hospital for a few days, had to be rushed back yesterday morning due to her complications and as of 6 pm almost on the nose I am the proud GPAW of an 8th GSON - that's 2 from each daughter - enough already.
Baby and Daughter both are not fully out of the woods but doing pretty well!

Later -- Spousal Unit says time to roll!

Hold on to some of that bacon, Jesse!
I hope the family come out ok,as a grandparent who never gets to see the eldest sons kids I would say count your blessings,I would love 8 grandkids to bounce on my knees....as long as I can give ‘em back!

Howdy.

Today, I received a phone call from the owner of the storage facility where we have our boat in winter storage. A thief cut off locks of several units including ours.

Items stolen from our boat include the battery, a charger, and battery cable switch. Cables were cut and need replacing.

Makes me angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back