Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise here. I have never been let down by them. One shipment was three weeks late because of the West Coast backlog in early 2021, but they kept me informed. I especially like that there is no deposit and no money is due until they are ready to ship. They are the only company that I have pre-ordered from. Four times for 13 engines. I just can't fit any more freight cars on the layout.
They were the 1st model railroad company I pre-ordered from. I met Shane Wilson and the team at Trainfest in Milwaukee when they introduced the 1st line up. I was impressed. So, I pre-ordered the Museum quality Big Blow UP turbines, 1 Rivet Counter and 1 of every kit Classic. The way they did it then and still do, works!

It worked so well that when Rapido was taking pre-orders for a now forgotten car I wanted I did it with them. That was a dreadful experience.

So while I would like to pre-order Genesis models I don‘t. The predictability as to when their product will arrive on shore is pathetic and the pricing is scary to me
I had pre ordered an Intermountain ES44AC, 3 years later no engine and ST was coming out with theirs. All my engines will pretty much be Scale Trains. I sold off all Athearn and Intermountain, next will be a few Kato. I have 14 ST engines and 1 on order.

Willie, you can never have enough engines, one train with helpers could have 4-5 engines.😇

A flamethrower mounted on one's front bumper would likely clear the streets, at least short-term.
A few cans of bear spray would be a lot easier logistically..

I don't see the planet weaning itself from fossil fuel anytime in the foreseeable future. And even then, it may not make any significant difference in the direction we are headed. The "tipping point" has been in the rear view mirror for a couple of decades. Best advice? Don't invest heavily in beach front real estate-------

Afternoon All,

Started out at 47F this morning. Today Dad and I drove down to visit my buddy Tom and the MRR friends that meet at his house. We left when Dad kept falling asleep. :( He wants to go but on his schedule. That's why I go without him at times. After getting home I did a couple of small chores upstairs then watched a bad Egyptian pyramid horror movie. I watched Meg 2 the other day- what a crappy movie. They are trying too hard.

Joe- Are you scratch building the crane or using a kit?

Bill- It must have been scary for your family members.

David- Nice scenes.

TomO- There was a small beach area by the end of the main Honolulu airport on Hickam AFB that you could watch the military and commercial flights take off and land. The military is always more impressive to watch.

Mac- Very nice job on the Prairie.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Many people don't realize the visit of the three wise men did not happen instantly. By the time news reached them, and they traveled to meet Jesus, he was a young toddler.
Neither archaeology nor history can give us an accurate account. Your version could be correct. It may even be Jesus was born in the spring when Shepards would be in the fields. For me it is simply a matter of faith, no evidence needed.

In our traditions the appearance of the star of Bethlehem was the inspiration and guide for the Three Kings to travel to see our lord. One from Europe, King Melchior, one from Africa, King Balthazar and one from Arabia, King Caspar. Their journeys took twelve days as it has been passed down to me. Hence the Twelve Days of Christmas and the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6th.

If Sherrel had been there to give the Three Kings a lift on a 747 there would be no Twelve Days of Christmas! 🤪

Hmmm, seems odd that as long as I've been around I had not heard of that.
The word Epiphany comes from the Greek word "epiphaneia" which means “manifestation, striking appearance, or revelation”. It originally referred to the appearance of a god or a divine reality to humans. Later, it was used to describe the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles, as represented by the Magi, and his baptism and first miracle.

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those trying to finish your 2023 honey-do lists.

It's Troy again

The family gathering was a success. Though one of my wife's nephews just doesn't understand why his great grandmother (who used to host these gatherings at her house in a very small rural town in a sparsely populated rural Indiana county) had to move to the retirement apartment. Why did she have to break the family tradition like that?

He's not wanting to accept that great-grandmas get old, and can't do the upkeep on their daily tasks. Cooking and cleaning were getting to be too much, be he wasn't around to see it. His own mother, and his sister both gave him polite talkings-to about his desires vs the reality of great grandmas getting up in years....

that said, daughter and her boyfriend made it up to the gathering. They brought presents! Wife got a couple of boxes of nice chocolates and some handmade crafts.

I got an awesome tree ornament that I repurposed to my "Major Award" village atop the DVD cabinet. It seems to grow every holiday season thanks to the daughter. This year's is in the front. Pink-bunny-suit was last year's addition.

Dude.jpg

And I got a nice bottle of sipping whiskey:

sippin.jpg

Since we were the last to leave, we had to take the remaining left behinds others had brought. I shoved this in the pile and carted it home...
Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 6.10.54 PM.png

Boy! Was I surprised to find cookies in it, instead of sewing supplies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back