Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started with a couple of chores this morning then painted the new fascia. It took several hours to dry since it was damp today. After getting it screwed down I decided to run a train for awhile. To make a long story short, everytime I turned on power to the TT/RH (wired so it can be turned off to kill all the noise) the layout shorted. Well c**p, this is new. Dad was upstairs watching being a "big help" by putting his hands all over the scenery and laying his arm across the TT bridge, Anyone that has a Walther's TT knows how fragile the plastic hand rails are.:( Well the issue was my Bachmann K4s (in the RH) was derailed...sigh. I'll be at the meeting with the rest of you.:rolleyes:

In new family news my SIL has tested positive for COVID. He has both shots but not the booster. Daughter and eligable grandson got boosters today. One grandson has the 2 shots but is too young for the booster. So our family get together is cancelled on New Years.

Does anyone know how to turn on spell check/grammar check. I've looked but don't know how to turn it on.

Thank you for all the likes yesterday, I really appreciate it.

Joe- Thank you. It's a Dell Inspiron 15 3511. I don't know if that's good or bad.

IB Ken- I hope you feel better soon.

Dennis- Nice steamer.

Steve- Congratulations to your daughter and future SIL.

James- You're a better man than I am. I tried to use a PR3 years ago and could never figure it out.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening Everybody!

I'm sorry to hear of those with health problems, covid or not it sucks to feel bad.

I have the upper hand on this respiratory infection, but the little bugger won't let go!

The day began like it was going to be very busy. A little two letter word, "no" solved that! I always answer the phone, but I don't always say yes.

I'm enjoying my take it easy week. Three days off since October 17th, I don't feel guilty.

My beagles are happy we are home most of the day!

I hope you are all enjoying these twelve days of Christmas!

Have a great night Everybody!

Good Evening all! Not a bad day here in H-Town. Just watching the weather guy and it looks like at one point on Saturday Willie will be at 32 degrees and I'll be 76.
Did a curbside pickup this morning, a little train time this afternoon and cooking supper this evening. The Conductress isn't feeling well, a little achy and a low grade fever so I was recruited for kitchen duty.

Guy - It's not that I'm fast at building but rather once I start a project I stay with it. As an example, that last build, Swanson's took 5 afternoons. The tank is today's pic is day 3. Jefferies Point was 8 days.

I did finish the second storage tank and started the firewall.
1640909791137.jpeg

1640909829708.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good evening, it’s cloudy and 65.
Several things happened or are in process today.
First, I ordered a new mobility scooter for my wife to use, since she says the three wheel version we have is unstable. It arrived today damaged, and I’ve sent a message to the company we got it from. Unfortunately, it means she won’t be able to use it Sunday, which is the next Bad Thing.
I had to make an appointment with the vet to have our 18 year old dog put to sleep. The appointment is for Sunday at 2.
Next, I was informed I am expected to participate in an RV show next weekend, no excuses.
Our son is supposed to be here Monday.
The purge at the house continues, I’ve taken several carloads of crap to the dumpster at work over the past week. I’m doing this as a priority, before somebody at work tells me it’s no longer allowed.
Other than that, tomorrow will be my last paid holiday for however long I continue to work at my current job.
And so it goes…

I don't know if that's good or bad.
Curt: Mine, is an Inspiron 15 5510. Works very well, and I like it. Good luck with yours.

Hughie: I like the pictures of your layout.

Terry: Not for nothing, I hope your luck changes for the better, in the New Year.

Mikey: Only if the old one is no longer functional...;)

Louis: Sometimes, you just have to say NO! and mean it. I should have said NO! more often. Hey, How about the explosion at Curtis Bay, today? They, (the Sun), are saying something ignited the coal dust, and that the whole city felt it.

It's rather damp and raw, with fog tonight. We are looking at a mild New Years, followed by a drastic cool down on Monday. I recall two other Christmas - New Years when it was so foggy and mild. One when I was in grade school, the other, in 1971. Quite a contrast to Christmas in North Country.

I am no longer following Facebook. I went on there with an alias, specifically to follow different model railroad oriented groups, Railfan groups, , and Fire Departments in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Chester,and Central jersey. Since FB began its changeover to "Meta", I get more unwanted crap, and significantly less of what I went there for in the first place.

The only thing we have to do tomorrow, is pickup a prescription. We intend to chill out until the new year. I will probably have to replace a tire on the car early next week. The LF is a nail magnet...:( Tire already has a patch and a plug. Not quite 10k miles on it. :(.

Christmas 2021.jpg

Christmas gifts from second son and grand daughter. Rapido X31, and Atlas Christmas Car.
Beer Cars 12-29-21.jpg

Brewed on the Shores of the Chesapeake Bay...or more accurately, Once upon a time in East Baltimore. The one on the left is an New Atlas (Christmas Gift this year), the one on the right, a Blue Box 40' refrigerator.
In the foreground you can see I'm redoing some of my track to better serve my model railroad customers.

Have a good evening, and a Happy New Year!

Good evening, it’s cloudy and 65.
Several things happened or are in process today.
First, I ordered a new mobility scooter for my wife to use, since she says the three wheel version we have is unstable. It arrived today damaged, and I’ve sent a message to the company we got it from. Unfortunately, it means she won’t be able to use it Sunday, which is the next Bad Thing.
I had to make an appointment with the vet to have our 18 year old dog put to sleep. The appointment is for Sunday at 2.
Next, I was informed I am expected to participate in an RV show next weekend, no excuses.
Our son is supposed to be here Monday.
The purge at the house continues, I’ve taken several carloads of crap to the dumpster at work over the past week. I’m doing this as a priority, before somebody at work tells me it’s no longer allowed.
Other than that, tomorrow will be my last paid holiday for however long I continue to work at my current job.
And so it goes…

Terry I hope things get better for ya.

In regards to your pup.....I feel for ya all my pets over the years are nothing but family members to me. Fur babies if you will. I hope you will be in the room with your pup as he/she is sent to peace, Remember you are the dog's whole world so you should be the last person he/she see to go in peace. My 2 cents. Vets have told me over the years the sadest thing they expirience is their owners do not go with them on their last sleep. It's frightening for the animal to be in a room of unfamiliar faces and territory before they go to their maker.

Hopefully work will continue for a bit longer than you anticipate. As for the purge ugh I understand that......

Good Morning Everybody!

12F with a touch of new white.

Has been a pretty good year all-in-all. Say that as we made it through 2021 still vertical. Wife and I both have had the 3 versions ( or is it 4 ) of the crap without abiding by the governments 'trust me - wink, wink' stuff. Boy, now 2 shots + a booster is recommended. Give it another month or two and there will be a 3rd shot or another booster. The untested crap they want to put in your body at a whim - No thanks.

Terry - Sorry to hear about your dog. It is a tough row to hoe when you can see end of life happening. At 18 years, your dog probably has had a great life so you can take comfort in knowing that. We have a 17YO Blue Healer that has been going downhill for the last 8 months or so. So far she is doing ok, abet some respiratory trouble. Can't hear at all but can see fine; and still knows how to bark. We had a scare with her when we were near Dallas in the spring - went to take her to pee and she basically fell out of the truck with no control of her rear. We did not know how much time she had and did not want her to die off in some foreign unknown place so we got our trucking company to send us home from there. She recovered as far as we could tell, although It is coming, and when that time comes we all will be really sad. She is and has been a wonderful dog.17 years is a LONG time for a dog. We have her daughter whom is ..um.. 4 I think, which will help. Ya, she had pups at 13 - supposedly fixed but the fix didn't fix. Kinda a funny story - hope it doesn't bore ya. The top recruiter at the company would find out when we were to be in the terminal and would tell everybody. They all would start saving some little tid-bit of their lunch to give to her when we got there. She loved it. Supposedly no dogs were allowed in the terminal - ya right. She got along with everyone, EXCEPT the safety guy, bit him twice.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning friends! 46 degrees with fog/mist here heading for a day of mostly cloudy and 62. Hard to believe this weather on the final day of the year. I'll take it though. Colder temps are expected to return Sunday.

Didn't get a chance to work on my proposed layout idea yesterday, but did get some of my honey do chores done. Got both bathroom faucets replaced and one of the drains. The drains are normally pretty easy to do, but I had quite a time getting this one put together without any leaks. Partially my fault and partially because the existing plumbing below the drain had a small issue I had to work with. After getting that much done, I decided to save the second drain for today because my body was hurting from all that time on the floor and getting inside the vanities, etc. I think the second drain will go much easier, but I was out of steam by the time I was ready to do it. I always tell people at work that I like working with electricity better than plumbing because at least the electricity doesn't leak all over the floor :)

So no actual model railroading stuff got done, but I did spend time watching some quality MR stuff on trainmasters.tv and also on YouTube. I also recently subscribed to the MRH Running Extra and there's some great stuff there too.

Joe, I have a filtering program I run on Fecesbook called FB Purity. Using it, I'm able to see only what I want to.
I used FB Purity when I was on FB too and it is a great add-on. I finally got to the point though where I still was just seeing far more garbage on FB than I was stuff I wanted to see so I got off there. That's why I'm so happy there are still great MR forums like this one around so I can just read the stuff I want to read without all the fighting, political propaganda, scams and whatever else you get on FB. Don't miss that place a bit. Give me a forum any day. Besides, it's a lot easier finding old content on a forum than it is on FB.

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning y'all. Last Day of 2021...On the whole, 2021 was scary, but not as bad as 2020. Hope 2022 is a lot better, for all of us.

46° and Foggy. Not much to add to what I posted last night.

Terry: Thanks for the tip, and Sorry about your little buddy. Hope you get the mobility scooter issue resolved ASAP, your wife needs to get around.

PC 9779 and PC 21753 11-13-2021.jpeg

A fitting end to 2021.

Good morning gang!

50° with light mist, nice to walk out to the truck without a heavy coat at the end of December. Nice easy day planned for work today , then a nap after dinner until 9:30 or 10. Then I will wake up to ring in the new year with SWMBO.

Christian. Clowns creep me out

The outside lights are down and next will be the inside decorations.
That's my weekend plan!

Boris, Love the Natty Boh cars! If only they came full! 🍺

BBL

Good morning y'all. Last Day of 2021...On the whole, 2021 was scary, but not as bad as 2020. Hope 2022 is a lot better, for all of us.

46° and Foggy. Not much to add to what I posted last night.

Terry: Thanks for the tip, and Sorry about your little buddy. Hope you get the mobility scooter issue resolved ASAP, your wife needs to get around.

View attachment 137881
A fitting end to 2021.
Love that PC caboose. Despite my family having a bit of history with the Illinois Central, I have still always had an interest in the Penn Central for some reason. The NYC/PC/Conrail tracks here were torn up about 35 or so years ago but in many areas you can still see where they once were. The grade is still very obvious even after all these years and a few bridges from the early 1900's still exist. Hate that they tore up the tracks, but that seems to be the thing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back