Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Happy Fellow Modelers and Merry Christmas !
I know it's not RR modeling but it's very important for France, Canada and USA:
The James Webb Space Telescope will be launched today from the French Guyana by Ariane 5.

View attachment 137600
Well done !

BRAVO.gif
BRAVO.gif
BRAVO.gif

Last edited:
Merry Christmas all,

Been up for over 3 hours and the ham is in the oven, should be ready about 45 minutes before serving to have time to slice it.

First time in church last night since they shut down last year. We went to a later less crowded mass. I guess it was ok as the church didn't fall in on us. Still may be out for a while as the Mrs. can't get covid. Yes we're vax'ed and boosted, but...

Terry: Soylent Green is people!

Merry Christmas Morning!

Second service completed last night. Smaller attendance than the first but some unfamiliar and new faces; and some not seen since, maybe last CHristmas or with the world as it is, the Christmas before that?! Matters not, Heart is warmed that people come to praise the Christ Child WOnderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Mighty God, Prince of Peace!

WIfeykins sang "The Holly and the Ivy" as a solo, and we sang a duet of "The Angel Gabriel From Heaven Came." If you know the carol, I sang Gabriel's lines, she sang Mary's lines, and we sang in harmony for the fourth, wrap-up verse.

Home to change out of dress kilt (full Prince Charlie, if you know what that means) and enjoy a warming, soothing Cognac before turning in. Light finally out at 0200!

"Reveille, Reveille ..." at 0720 and back to it. A bit tired, so left the house sans ears and mouth (i.e. hearing aids and mobile phone!) Had to go back and of course coming in the front door set off the dogs. Hopefully the non church-professionals got back to sleep. Here at church prepping for the 10:00 Christmas Day worship.

Christmas Day dinner menu is Roast whole duck (2 of the blighters!) with port wine and cherry reduction; mashed potatoes; roast brussel sprouts; and a salad with bleu-cheese vinaigrette. But the gang went shopping yesterday on the way back home and apparently picked up enough apps such that we could probably do without the potatoes - - - - maybe the sprouts - - - and probably the duck!

Shall be a fun day. Oldest dau and fiance came for dinner and then late church and stayed the night. Youngest dau and BF will join approx 1pm. Me? I get a nap betwixt 11 and 12:00!! !! !! Sore needed, to be sure.

Yesterday's freakish warm-up is gone, as is the snow :( But not to fear, this is Minne-snow-ta, donchaknow, So 4 - 6 inches Sunday into Monday. This morning, after a high of 54 yesterday was a chill 14F.

Again, Merry Christmas and here's hoping you have something nice and train-ish under the tree! Me you ask? I don't think so. Wifeykins forgets that I get Amazon notices, too; so even if she had the gift sent to her work to be covert - - - well, intel is intel!

Steve J

So this is a picture of your home and you have a tree to share with the delivery men and the farm yard animals and you sell the trees as well,well i’, speechless…….winks…..ps I think someone just snuck off with a tree looking at the snow drag marks….there’s always one.
Merry Christmas Jaz and fellow modelers. Up in Central Wisconsin we lived on an old Christmas tree farm. The last tree sold at least 20 years before we purchased the property though. The son during summers in high school learned to yield a machete used to trim the trees into shape as they grew on a neighboring tree farm.

TomO

Interesting as I do not see either the US or Canada emblem in view……interesting

More infos:

4585785.jpg

Last edited:
We don't even need a superior race for that. Have you heard of Soylent Green?
I have now! Wikipedia has a resume…..scary thing is, I could see it happen9ng, an argument for no being resurrected! Worse archiologists, historians and recent history all show examples, and apparently the smell is better than hog roast……ouch I love hog roast.
At least when Paris was under siege they went for the zoo animals, and people found snails were edible, they eat a much wider seafood diet which is pretty healthy.As opposed to some who eat carnivores like dogs, We should eat grass ruminants which gives you decent supply of Vitamin D.

Merry Christmas Morning!

Second service completed last night. Smaller attendance than the first but some unfamiliar and new faces; and some not seen since, maybe last CHristmas or with the world as it is, the Christmas before that?! Matters not, Heart is warmed that people come to praise the Christ Child WOnderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Mighty God, Prince of Peace!

WIfeykins sang "The Holly and the Ivy" as a solo, and we sang a duet of "The Angel Gabriel From Heaven Came." If you know the carol, I sang Gabriel's lines, she sang Mary's lines, and we sang in harmony for the fourth, wrap-up verse.

Home to change out of dress kilt (full Prince Charlie, if you know what that means) and enjoy a warming, soothing Cognac before turning in. Light finally out at 0200!

"Reveille, Reveille ..." at 0720 and back to it. A bit tired, so left the house sans ears and mouth (i.e. hearing aids and mobile phone!) Had to go back and of course coming in the front door set off the dogs. Hopefully the non church-professionals got back to sleep. Here at church prepping for the 10:00 Christmas Day worship.

Christmas Day dinner menu is Roast whole duck (2 of the blighters!) with port wine and cherry reduction; mashed potatoes; roast brussel sprouts; and a salad with bleu-cheese vinaigrette. But the gang went shopping yesterday on the way back home and apparently picked up enough apps such that we could probably do without the potatoes - - - - maybe the sprouts - - - and probably the duck!

Shall be a fun day. Oldest dau and fiance came for dinner and then late church and stayed the night. Youngest dau and BF will join approx 1pm. Me? I get a nap betwixt 11 and 12:00!! !! !! Sore needed, to be sure.

Yesterday's freakish warm-up is gone, as is the snow :( But not to fear, this is Minne-snow-ta, donchaknow, So 4 - 6 inches Sunday into Monday. This morning, after a high of 54 yesterday was a chill 14F.

Again, Merry Christmas and here's hoping you have something nice and train-ish under the tree! Me you ask? I don't think so. Wifeykins forgets that I get Amazon notices, too; so even if she had the gift sent to her work to be covert - - - well, intel is intel!

Steve J
So do you go commando in the kilt……best not see down outside if it frosts over…….

Without us the universe amounts to nothing. The first particle of matter that came into existence appeared from nothing. How can that possibly be?
At what time did this all happen? Not the big bang, the first particle of matter appearing? Some scientists believe time does not exist? If they ever find all this out then the price of bacon will come down to earth.
George

Without us the universe amounts to nothing. The first particle of matter that came into existence appeared from nothing. How can that possibly be?
At what time did this all happen? Not the big bang, the first particle of matter appearing? Some scientists believe time does not exist? If they ever find all this out then the price of bacon will come down to earth.
George
What worries me is the earth revolves around the sun hence the earth moves in space and travels a massive distance so if you travelled in time and came back the earth will have pxxxxed off to somewhere else!

And what if you travelled to mars and you had enough fuel to get back to the point of origin but misjudged where the earth had moved to ! Me I plan staying on Earth, I don’t plan on looking to see if it is a sphere or a flat on the back of an animal,and I may have a panic attack if I had to jump out of an airplane, god forbid, in case the earth buggers off without me…..yeah yeah tongue in cheek, but I believe the more we think we know and the more we tell others this is how it is the more stupid we sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back