Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVIII

Good Morning... 30°, overcast, and still snowing...this winter refuses to go away. Going to 46° today...the seasonal average temperature is 50°.

At least I know what I'm doing after breakfast.

Good morning everybody!

35 with sunny skies in southeast Baltimore.

You and me day, as my grandson and I call it has begun with a Harry Potter movie the same way we ended Friday, until it warms up for us to go outside.

Nice book 113, congratulations, I know you are happy with that because you and I share a love for railroad books.

Good job Terry handling your responsibilities, stay strong my friend.

Hang on Boris, this is winters last gasp, I hope.

Have a great day everybody!

Good morning all. 42 and sunny this morning. Got up to 72 yesterday. Probably going to head out top the airport and get a couple of hours of flight time in this morning. Too nice a day to pass up time in the air.

I was wrong about pills yesterday. I do take a couple of vitamins.

The good news this morning is, my truck has been returned from the body shop.
The bad news is, the first thing I am going to have to use it for is hauling my brother's stuff that my nephew abandoned to the landfill.
Terry , h ed just took the valuable stuff & left the rest??? (Smh )

Ken .... I like the B&O passenger train photo. As I have said before, I did ride the Capital Limited between Chicago and DC. It was very nice as I recall.
Terry .... Sorry you have to deal with the situation regarding the nephew.

I completed my steel mill cars. These are heavy duty flat cars used within the mill to haul new steel slabs to the rolling mill.

FB_IMG_1426932906411_zpspna5qlau.jpg

Words are just.....

Source and photographer unknown...

Here is a book I came across.
About 350 pages with lots of pics and history about the evolvement of certain lines.
Like the U-boat series, GPs and the SDs.

P3210003.JPG

At this moment, I wait on five, five books from the Milwaukee Road Historical Society, their three caboose books, the beer line book and the second volume on the Hiawatha...I've got this Milwaukee Road bug bad! ;):D

Hey 113, that beer line book should be very interesting. Did you know at one time the city of Milwaukee was considered the beer capital of the USA.? It was so famous for beer that their Major League Baseball team is named the "Brewers"

Terry , h ed just took the valuable stuff & left the rest??? (Smh )
Yup.
And of course, when I got to the landfill this morning, the rate went from "residential" to "commercial", because I showed up in my F250, instead of a half ton pickup. It cost more $$$ to dump the exact same stuff.

Hey 113, that beer line book should be very interesting. Did you know at one time the city of Milwaukee was considered the beer capital of the USA.? It was so famous for beer that their Major League Baseball team is named the "Brewers"

I imagine that many of the breweries are gone now...or?

WHAT AN AWESOME VISIT BY CJCRESENT TODAY.
What a true pleasure it was to have him here.
What a real treat!!!!
I expect this to be a long friendship and we have already made plans for more visits.
He is A #1 on my notch.

Carey is the ultimate in helping a fellow model railroader. I can sure vouch for that!
I look forward to our next visit - beit back in here in my house or over at his house. I'll take a bus if I have to.
He showed me all kinds of little things to watch for - most of which he fixed today without a thought.

There is a new true friend in my book. When he was departing we hugged. Maybe that's a Southern thing but it is well taken to heart.
E

Good evening everybody.

I have been working on some ore cars. These are the old AHM Rivarossi cars which I have had for several years and intermix them with other ore cars. Quite a while ago, I installed Kadee couplers on the car bodies, and removed the old couplers which were mounted on the trucks. Later I replaced the wheel sets with good metal ones. The new wheels sets fit too snuggly in the old AHM trucks. The current Walthers flyer advertised trucks for ore cars without wheels sets, and I bought them. I am discarding the old AHM trucks and using the good wheel sets in the Walthers trucks. So far, I have made this change to four of my old ore cars. The 4 cars are working well. I have about 18 more of this type of car to change.

WHAT AN AWESOME VISIT BY CJCRESENT TODAY.
What a true pleasure it was to have him here.
What a real treat!!!!
I expect this to be a long friendship and we have already made plans for more visits.
He is A #1 on my notch.

Carey is the ultimate in helping a fellow model railroader. I can sure vouch for that!
I look forward to our next visit - beit back in here in my house or over at his house. I'll take a bus if I have to.
He showed me all kinds of little things to watch for - most of which he fixed today without a thought.

There is a new true friend in my book. When he was departing we hugged. Maybe that's a Southern thing but it is well taken to heart.
E

Big E ..... I met Carey in person when I was in Alabama last August. I can attest he definitely is a good person. It is sad he has health issues which limit his activities at times.

Back