Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVIII

Howdy y'all. Already 81 going up to 90. Louis you would love it here.
Phil

Phil I have had 3 heat strokes, if I have to choose between being hot or cold I will always choose the cold. It makes my bones hurt but so far it has not tried to kill me.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one which you can re-use the aircraft.

We sort of sound like the Geratol For Lunch Bunch. ;)

Chet ... You reminded me of a conversation with Jeff Running Bear..... He posted a photo of a Gramps tank car on his layout. I replied he was hauling bulk Geratol. I recall he thought that was funny. (Missing Jeff)

It's Friday, 68 degrees this afternoon, bowling league again tonight. Time to get out of here.

1893_Train.jpg

Bogity, bogity, bogity

Evening All,

Trying to decide what is for supper...any ideas? Tomorrow we take off around 5:30 AM on our trip. Hopefully the grand kids make it there alive..just kidding. I will talk to you all either late next Saturday or Sunday.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt it's Friday so fish would be good, tuna salad is easy, but Maryland crab cakes would be better!

Montanan- Speak for yourself.

Terry- Right answer .

Curt- Red snapper,blackened. Lobsters/Shrimp.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Phil

Cool!!! Tomorrow I have some MRR help coming over to help me straighten out my track issues.
Finally, some "real", and experienced help!!
And, he's one of the regulars here.
Since he hasn't mentioned it, I thought he might want to keep it quiet so I won't mention names.
We've been planning this visit for a couple weeks.
He just called and wants to come tomorrow instead of Sunday on account of weather coming in.
Fine by me!!
He's looking forward to it.
To be honest, I'm a little nervous. I've never had a pro look over my work - as far as trains go.

Breakfast of champions...........View attachment 49088 :rolleyes:

That's about 1/2 the number that I have to take. They are my breakfast of champions. Let's see, blood thinner, diabetic meds, 2 types of pain meds, cholesterol, muscle relaxant and anti depressants. Add to that once a month, 4-5 hours in a recliner, taking IgG via an IV, for non-functioning immune system. Take a similar number at night.

Edit; Left out Synthroid. Lost my Thyroid to medullary cancer almost 10 years ago. Boy am I tired of bring cut on. Counting my cataracts done last year, I've been under the knife almost 30 times. Most of which weren't really elective surgeries, but urgent surgeries. Except for the cataracts, and an incisional hernia, caused by another surgery, all of them dealt with something that got infected.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news this morning is, my truck has been returned from the body shop.
The bad news is, the first thing I am going to have to use it for is hauling my brother's stuff that my nephew abandoned to the landfill.

Back