Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVII

Evening All,

This is the first I have been able to log on today because the site would not load on the computer. I met with Phil for awhile today at a common friends house.

Karl- Nice looking layout photo.

David- Thanks for the suggestions. I have already completed several of them.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Yay!!! The forum is back up!!!!
I was fixin to go into withdrawls.

When the site went down, I was just about to open a thread I really wanted to read... had to wait three hours before I could find out more than just the title.
I kept the tab open to refresh every once in a while.

The site has been going down a lot lately, far more than I can ever remember it going down in the past. Seems as though it is going for a period of time every day of late. Anyone any idea why that seems to be the case?

The site has been going down a lot lately, far more than I can ever remember it going down in the past. Seems as though it is going for a period of time every day of late. Anyone any idea why that seems to be the case?
It may be the server. The other Bob-owned forum I belong to seems to go down at the same time this one does.

That makes sense - server updates/maintenance. Why can't they do that at a time when people are less likely to be on.

Like 3 a.m. ?? Wait a sec, it is 3 a.m. when it goes down,,,,,,,,,,,,,in Tokyo! :rolleyes:

G'nite John Boy,,,,,G'nite Paw,,,,,G'nite Sue Ellen,,,,G,nite Ben,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back to Music - if that's okay.

Some time ago I knew a guy who was the type that had done everything you had done BUT done it bigger, better, longer, more often and so forth. You know the type I'm sure. He was a nice guy, just had to be the best at everything - even IF what he was claiming was utter poo. For example, when I bought my Vet - ironically he had one, but had sold it just before I met him. Problem with that was he didn't have a pot to piss in and never did - he was a well known character around the area :)

Anyway, the thing is that the Internet is a great place for people like that - they can say whatever they want and no one really knows whether what is being said is the truth or just being said for the sake of being one of the boys. I guess that is one reason (perhaps one that is a far way down the list of reasons) why we all like photo's of what we are doing.

A few posts back there was a post about guitars and I said that I also had some stuff ... well, I figured I had better back up my claims so here are some shots of my guitars and keyboard:

Yamaha Electronic Keyboard:

IMG_1457_zps19c53537.jpg

Ibanez SDGR Limited Production Bass:

IMG_1459_zps925e62ce.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Special:

IMG_1461_zps388fe53d.jpg

A very dusty one at that. So much for SKB waterproof/dust proof hard shell cases.

Dean Semi Acoustic:

IMG_1462_zps0af091c1.jpg

Okay, well there it is. This has been pretty good actually as it shows just how long it has been since I played any of them. They ALL need a damn good clean and polish.

Before moving to the US I also had a Rickenbacker 4003 Long Neck Bass. Angrily, some one else liked it more than I did apparently :( I can tell you, I was sooo "pissed" over that.

This is a picture of the guitar, well a picture of the same guitar I owned:

639_Rickenbacker_4003_Jetglo_1204614_a_zpsc5d464fe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like 3 a.m. ?? Wait a sec, it is 3 a.m. when it goes down,,,,,,,,,,,,,in Tokyo! :rolleyes:

G'nite John Boy,,,,,G'nite Paw,,,,,G'nite Sue Ellen,,,,G,nite Ben,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wouldn't that be great if that were to happen :) Thankfully, it doesn't go down too often - just annoying when it does. I guess if it were to go down at "our 3:00 am though, the guys in Tokyo would be jumping up and down cos it was 11:00 am there or whatever time it would be.

Back to music....?
I listen to, or love....50's rock n roll, some 60's stuff, surf music like Dick Dale etc., Guitar instrumentals like The Ventures, Shadows and so on, I grew up with old school country music, proper country music if you like, I used to listen while I was still living in Sweden, on a radio show that played 30's and 40's jazz music etc., and I loved it.....also, I sometimes can't work properly without some real good rockabilly!

I have, as you know....a Gretsch White Falcon and....should I ever come into a wee bit of $£$£, I'll buy a Black Falcon one as well....

3am!? That would be....6-9 pm here in the UK and Europe or....

Last edited by a moderator:
The 60's and 70's (excluding Disco stuff) is my era of preferred music, along with real country music with some other stuff thrown in here and there :)

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Thu 1/22/15.

Mostly cloudy with a high of 38. Going to see a movie later today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. 32 and cloudy with high 57. Rain and 40° expected tonight and 100% rain tomorrow - just in time for some more shipments to arrive.

Morning everyone. 20 degrees and clear skies this morning. Looks like the folks on the east coast might have an interesting weekend weather wise. Rotsa ruck.
Thought my taptalk dies until I saw the posts later in the evening. Looks like the forum was down for a while. After sitting in front of a computer all day long, I rerely turn the one at home on any more.

Greetings, from the Jersey Shore, where it's 28° and overcast with a coating of snow. The weekend could become interesting, if a coastal storm materializes.

Good morning, America, how are ya? It's 33° this morning and cloudy. Good forecast for the next week with highs to the low 40's and lows in the high 20's. Not to bad for this time of the year.

Good morning everybody!

32 with fog beginning to clear in south east Baltimore.

I am late to the forum this morning, I got up at 2:30am within my usual window of time to wake up, but I have been busy this morning.

I had fun going to MB Klein yesterday in what looked like a blizzard at times but turned out to be only about 3" of snow in my area.

Have a great day everybody!

The most useless website on the planet?
My vote goes to http://hobbytown.com
Las Vegas odds-maker would put odds on favorite for the site to be completely down or at minimum uselessly slow.
Even if it is up, trying searching for something that you don't know EXACTLY what to call it.

How annoying!! I was just trying to get an idea for a price on something. Amazon has it "currently unavailable" so they don't even show a price. arrrrgggggg!

Back